Kain's Builds (On the Wagon Again)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Kain's Builds (On the Wagon Again)

Postby LeopoldKain » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:30 am

Welcome to Leopold Kain's Character Builds

Leopold Kain wrote:Hello Friend,

I am Leopold Kain and I am your host for my little world of Heroes for Hire or The HFH. In this section you will find the characters from the Heroes for Hire campaign I am running with my friends. I am posting the story in the M&M Story Hour Section. Please go give it a quick read might inspire you.

Click this link to go to The HFH Story

We also have a 2nd Story going on the M&M Story Hour Section called Little Red and The Wolf

Click this link to go to Little Red and The Wolf

Now as for the character you will see mostly find Marvel Characters in this area. Some of them you have not seen for yours. Others I will be taking some liberties with because of how much they sucked back in the day.

Now I request that if you ever see something funky please let me know. Good or Bad. I still trying to learn how to do a lot of this and I like to accurate as I can.

Well again thanks for your time and below is a list of all the Heroes and Villains I have made for the campaign.

Your Buddy,
Leopold Kain

Notes wrote:These are the following links to who & what have assisted in the creation of this campaign/story/builds.
A thanks goes to everyone who has helped being big or small.
J-Mart, JD's Conv., Taliesin Build, Godfallen

Leopold Kain's Character Builds

The Original Builds:
The HFH Rebel Team:
Wolf Edge
Kid Crush
Mr. 6
Leech

Upgraded:
Alan Klett aka Wolf Edge

NPC and Non-Comic Affiliated:
Mistress Lith
Nelson Ashford
(Police Officer Build)
The Nurse
(The Original was written up by Godfallen: Click Here to see Murderdoll)

The Secret Stash
(We call it the Stash beacuse we must have been smoking something to make these PCs)
Bob Saget
Cpatain America w/ Thors Hammer

Marvel Made Character:
Arcade
Blue Streak (Note: M2 Universe)
Crucible
Elsa Bloodstone
Kang the Conqueror
Toad
White Rabbit
(White Rabbit’s Robotic Minions: Robotic Bunny v1 & v2,Big Bunny)

Thank You for looking at my Character Builds.
Last edited by LeopoldKain on Sat May 03, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 22 times in total.

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:55 am

Now since you now know how to sit... Let try roll over?

Alan Klett aka Wolf Edge
PL: 10 (150 pp)

ABILITIES: STR: 26 (+8 ) DEX: 24 (+7) CON: 20 (+5) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 12 (1) CHA: 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Bluff (+2), Climb 8 (+15), Diplomacy (+2), Disable Device 12 (+16), Disguise (+2), Escape Artist 4 (+11), Gather Info 4 (+6), Handle Animal (+2), Intimidate 12 (+14), Notice 12 (+13), Search 12 (+14), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Stealth 12 (+19), Sleight of Hand 4 (+11), Survival 4 (+5), Swim (+7)

FEATS: Attack Focus (Melee) (5), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Dodge Focus (1), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (2), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown Attack (2), Track, Uncanny Dodge (2) [Hearing & Scent]

POWERS:
Wolf Form (Alternate Form, Extra: Continuous, Flaw: Permanent [55pp]) [11]
Enhanced Strength (10pp) [10]
Enhanced Constitution (9pp) [9]
Enhanced Dexterity (10pp) [10]
Leaping (1pp) [1]
Feature (Fur, Immunity [Sunburn, Cold [1pp]) [1]
Enhanced Defense (8pp)
Super Senses (Normal Vision [Extended], Low-Light Vision, Scent [Extended, Accurate, Acute], Normal Hearing [Extended], Ultra-Hearing [8pp)
Strike (PF: Mighty, Split Attack, Improved Critical (2) [6pp]) [2]
Super-Strength (2pp) [1]

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Under Cover Shirt, Cell Phone, Mulit-Tool, Motorcycle w/ Alarm

COMBAT: Base Attack +5, Melee +10, Ranged +5, Grapple +18 [Unarmed +5 (Bruise), Strike +9, 18-20 Critical (Lethal)]; Defense +14 (+5 flat-footed); Init +15;

SAVES: Toughness +8 (+7 flat-footed), Fortitude +8, Reflex +10 [Evasion], Will +4

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 21 + Skills 24 (96 ranks) + Feats 21 + Powers 55 + Combat 20 + Saves 9 – Drawbacks 0 = 150 / 150

Character Info:
Sex: Male; Age: 26; Hometown: Magdeburg, Germany;
Alan Klett was raised by both parents (Friedrich Klett and Mitzi Klett). Alan at a young age began assisting his farther in a local crime syndicate with performing mundane task like car jacking and package deliveries. At the age of 16 Alan’s abilities manifest and his wolf like features became fully recognizable within a year. In the organization of his families making he became know as Shadow Wolf. The reason for this name was that rumor spread that Alan’s wolf like abilities made him vanish into the shadows and left no traces of the crimes he had committed. In 2002 Alan’s farther was shot and killed by a rival crime group and his older brother (Josef Klett) took over the organization. Shortly after this Alan left the organization and Germany. The reason for this was because of disputes that accrued between him and his brother about the direction the organization was going. Alan spent the many years traveling Europe and honing his abilities. He left Europe and went to the United States after finding out that his little sister (Katrin Klett) was going to school at New York University. He moved to the United States in hopes of making a clean brake of his criminal past and redeem himself for his crimes.

Thank you for looking at this Character Build
Last edited by LeopoldKain on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Seren
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Seren » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:30 am

LeopoldKain wrote:Ok... What did I do wrong? Hmmmm

Let's see... :P

Powers:
All of that's within the Alternate Form container, right? (Which appears to be Sustained or Permanent, not that that really matters)
Anyway, your point total within the container adds up to 56. The costs within it seem to add up, though. In any case, that means you'll need an extra rank of the alternate form (or reduce something in it by 1 point - maybe reduce an enhanced stat by 1 and up the same base stat by 1.

That means the total would be 55, if you remove a point from within the container.

Abilities:
25 Str, 24 Dex, 20 Con, 14 Int, 12 Wis, 14 Cha - subtracting the enhanced abilities gives
15 Str, 14 Dex, 10 Con - total of 19 points

So that's right on.

Skills:
All simply paid (in sets of 4), except Escape Artist (11 ranks) - it also has a +4 total bonus? Dex-based skill with 11 ranks should be +18. It's the only one that's off, though.

Total cost should be 23 points (91 ranks) - so you can add a rank. I'm guessing of Escape Artist. That's significantly more than you have listed, so there's one spot.

Feats:
Appears okay, 21 points with 3 ranks of equipment-
cost is right for them...
And equipment's good - often listed by item, but it seems to add up.

Combat:
I save these two (combat and saves) for last, as they have things applying from everything else.

Attack, Grapple, Damage, Defense, Initiative
Stats - +7 strength (with powers), +7 Dexterity (with powers)
Feats - +5 attack w/melee only, +1 defense w/dodge only, +8 initiative
Powers - +4 defense, Unarmed+2 damage w/Imp. Crit 2, +1 grapple

Base Attack (which is included nicely) +5 is 10 points. Total combat section cost of 16 implies that you paid 6 for defense, for a total Base Defense of +3.

Based on those (and the above), you would have:
Attack +5, +10 [Melee]
Grapple +18
Damage +7 [Unarmed w/o Strike], +9 [Unarmed w/Strike; Critical 19-20]
Defense +8, +4 [flat-footed] or 18, 14 [flat-footed]
Initiative +15

Major differences in most of these.
A few things to note in here that may have come up causing the issues - your ability scores don't matter when figuring your attack of defense (ranged or melee; normal or flat-footed). This is where someone better at explaining should probably fill more in...
Grapple, on the other hand, adds your strength bonus (and 1 from Super-strength) to your melee attack (depending on the GM, Attack Specialization [unarmed] may also be added).
Damage, we agree on the damage with the strike, but without the strike it's purely a strength based save - and his strength bonus is +7.
Likewise, we agree on defense, but disagree on flat-footed defense. The only way I can get 11 makes two errors. One, I believe is a misprint in the core book, so fully understandable - half the base defense rounded down. Then if you apply the enhanced defense only as a dodge bonus. However, if you're getting Enhanced Defense, you get the full benefit (at the full price, of course) - it acts like it would if you bought up the base defense. Otherwise, buy it limited to dodge only (or, if you're not allowed for whatever reason, buy Enhanced Feat [Dodge Focus])
And Initiative - which we agree.

In all, though, here I'm assuming the cost is right but values are incorrect.

Hopefully, that's simple enough to understand - or someone else with simplify it...

Saves:
And down to the last one...

Toughness shouldn't be lower than +5 flat-footed. He's got a 20 Constitution for a +5 modifier - in the permanent container, it's not gone if he gets surprised.
Defensive Roll adds 1 while not flat-footed, and your undercover shirt adds an additional 2, again it's retained while flat-footed.

Fortitude's ability modifier is 5, so I figure you paid 3 here.
Reflex's ability modifier is 7, so you must have paid 3.
and Will was paid 3 into it.
for a total of 9.

So you did avoid buying Toughness directly. But you've got 1 point of toughness I can't find, and only 1 of your toughness that I can find if removed while flat-footed (or if used to improve your reflex against an area effect, but people usually ignore that).

That'll bring your cost to... 143

I'll also note here that your +10 melee attack with +9 damage gives an offensive power level of 9.5, or a weak 10 (depending if you go with full PLs only). +8 defense and +8 toughness mean that you're a PL8 defensively.

Both are perfectly fine, and it is a PL10 build - however, if you take off a single attack focus, he'd be a PL9.
I'd suggest removing a rank of Enhanced Strength from the Wolf form container and adding +1 to his natural strength. This takes care of the power's cost problem and ups you to 144 points.

For defense, you'll need +4 defensive bonuses. Tough's a good feat - basically Protection 1 within a ranked feat (so, +1 Toughness per point). It's in the Mastermind's Manual but simple enough since you can just buy flat protection.
Or spend a bit more to increase his defense. If you do, you'll want to spend in pairs for +2 to the base and +1 to flat-footed.
With 6 points remaining, you can easily gain +2 Defense (with 4) and +2 Toughness (with 2 ranks of the Tough feat, or if needed, Protection 2)

You'ld be lacking a little in the offensive (+1 attack or damage), but it would cover the rest.

Khantalas
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Khantalas » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 am

In Escape Artist, he accidentally switched places of 11 and 4. It should be 4 ranks and +11 bonus.
"I once had lots of friends. They gave me gifts like a word that means hope and despair at the same time and sands to season meals and a castle made out of nothing but stories. I wonder where I left them?"

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey

I want to thank you all for looking at my first character and helping me fix some of my mistakes and making the suggestions on how to make him better… This should help me with my friends character creations…

I am taking what you all said and appling to above and fixing it...
Also fixing it on my sheet.

Thank you all again for the help.

Leopold Kain M.D.

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:39 pm

Hey,

I would like to thank Seren and Khantalas and anyone else who took the time to look at my 1st M&M character...
To let you know I applied everything you said and this time the math added up...
Or close enough for me to not to worry about it to much.

Coming Soon The HFH female team member...

Leopold Kain

Seren
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Seren » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:03 pm

LeopoldKain wrote:I would like to thank Seren and Khantalas and anyone else who took the time to look at my 1st M&M character...
To let you know I applied everything you said and this time the math added up...
Or close enough for me to not to worry about it to much.

You're welcome :D

Couple notes/questions on the redone version, though...

I'm only getting 21 points worth of skills (48 ranks) - would give 3 points

Could you explain how you get your Ranged attack bonus (listed at +12), your Damage, your Defense (both flat-footed and normal), and your Toughness?
I can't get any of them to add up right - your melee attack seems right, though.

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:35 pm

Seren wrote:Couple notes/questions on the redone version, though...

I'm only getting 21 points worth of skills (48 ranks) - would give 3 points

Could you explain how you get your Ranged attack bonus (listed at +12), your Damage, your Defense (both flat-footed and normal), and your Toughness?
I can't get any of them to add up right - your melee attack seems right, though.

On the Skills thing I was not putting down Disable Device on the online sheet... It is now fixed.

My stuff as writen on my sheet...
Range [12] = 5 Base Attack + 7 Dex (Fixed)

Defense [20] = 7 Dex + 8 Power Modifier + 5 Base
I thought my Enhance Defense +8 is the power modifier
8+5 = +13 Def?

Toughness 11 = 5 Ability Mod + 4 Power Mod + 2 Undercover Shirt

Again thank you everyone for helping with this... I really want me and my fiends to do this right and have a great time.

Seren
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Seren » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:57 am

LeopoldKain wrote:On the Skills thing I was not putting down Disable Device on the online sheet... It is now fixed.

Alright, that makes sense.

LeopoldKain wrote:My stuff as writen on my sheet...
Range [12] = 5 Base Attack + 7 Dex (Fixed)

Your ranged attack is your Base attack + any Attack Focus [Ranged] - it ignores your dexterity, just like your melee attack ignores your strength.

LeopoldKain wrote:Defense [20] = 7 Dex + 8 Power Modifier + 5 Base
I thought my Enhance Defense +8 is the power modifier
8+5 = +13 Def?

Alright, this explains it here too.

Dexterity doesn't apply to defense either. So you've got +5 base defense, +1 from Dodge Focus, and your bonus from your power.
Enhanced Defense would be 2 points per rank - but adds to the base defense, instead of being pure dodge bonus. For a pure dodge bonus version worth a +8, you'ld need Enhanced Feat 8 [Dodge Focus].

Adding it up, you'll either have +5 (base) +1 (DF) +4 (Power - Enhanced Defense) = +10 or +5 (base) +1 (DF) +8 (Power - Enhanced Dodge Focus) = +14
Flat-footed, enhanced defense will keep you at +5, while enhanced dodge lowers you to +3.

With a PL10 character, you can go up to +10 Toughness with Enhanced Defense or +6 Toughness with Enhanced Feat (Dodge Focus)

LeopoldKain wrote:Toughness 11 = 5 Ability Mod + 4 Power Mod + 2 Undercover Shirt

I see +5 from Constitution, and +2 from the Undercover shirt, but what power do you have that boosts your Toughness? You've got Defensive Roll, but that's all I'm seeing (other than Enhanced Constitution, which is factored into your 20 Constitution).
That should get you +8 total - 2 of which is lost if you don't have your equipment on you and 1 is lost when you get flat-footed.

LeopoldKain wrote:Again thank you everyone for helping with this... I really want me and my fiends to do this right and have a great time.

No problem. :D
Once you get a couple builds done, most of this should become second nature while building (not that you get to be perfect, even the best builders here still make mistakes).

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:12 am

Ok now I think I got it I took what you said and applied it...
Again thank you alot. :P

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Why do super heroines always fight in their bed time clothing?

Brea Villasenor aka Kid Crush

ABILITIES: STR: 30 (+10) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 30 (+10) INT: 12 (+1) WIS: 12 (+1) CHA: 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Bluff 8 (+11/+15) [Attractive], Climb (+10), Concentration (+1), Diplomacy 8 (+11/+15) [Attractive], Disguise (+2), Escape Artist (+2), Gather Info (+2), Handle Animal (+2), Intimidate (+2), Knowledge [Popular Culture] 4 (+5), Notice 4 (+5), Profession [Model] 8 (+11), Search (+1), Sense Motive 4 (+5), Stealth (+2), Survival (+1), Swim (+10)

FEATS: Attack Focus (Melee) (4), Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (1), Dodge Focus (1), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Improve Overrun

POWERS:
Super-Strength (PF: Groundstrike [10pp]) [5]
Flight (Array [14pp]) [7]
Speed [7]
Quickness [7]
Super Senses (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended] ) [2]
Regeneration (Recovery Rate [8pp])
Bruised 1/round [1]
Injured 1/1 minute [3]
Disabled 1/20 minutes [3]
PF: Diehard

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Cell phone (1ep)
Costume (4ep)
> Tough:+2;
>Enviromental Immunity [2]
>> [Max Tempature Ranges: Cold(-120F)/Heat(120F)]
(This is to maintain her core body temperature when fighting is certain weather conditions.)

COMBAT: Base Attack +5, Melee +14, Ranged +2, Grapple +23 [Unarmed +10 (Bruise)] Defense 19 (13 flat-footed); Init +6; Knockback -5

SAVES: Toughness +11 (+10 flat-footed), Fortitude +12, Reflex +4, Will +3

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 54 + Skills 10 (40 ranks) + Feats 12 + Powers 48 + Combat 20(10Melee/10Def) + Saves 6 – Drawbacks 0 = 150 / 150

Character Info:
Sex: Female; Age: 18; Hometown: Ajo, Arizona;
Bea Villasenor was raised by single mother (Maria Villasenor) after farther (Hernandez Villasenor) was killed in the line of duty in 1995. Spent part of life being a child/teen model for AZ Model located in Arizona. Brea Villasenor abilities emerged shortly after a life and death situation. Brea saved step-sister (Alisha Patrick) from getting struck by a runaway tractor. By Brea stepping in and saving Alisha the tractor struck her instead. Brea spent three months in a local hospital paralyzed and comatose on life support. On January 25, 2008 at 16:54 Brea Villasenor was announced dead. She was pronounced dead for two hours and twenty-three minutes until she started hospital staff by walking from the morgue to a nurse’s desk and asking, “Can I get something to eat please?” Medical staff did test on Brea and found no explanations of what accrued. It was also found out that Brea’s life and death situation brought about her having new abilities. Brea wanting to follow in her fathers foot steps of helping the innocent and uphold the law. So she became a local super-hero in Scottsdale, AZ. After the passing of the Superhuman Registration Act she moved to Chicago, ILL and signed up to be apart of The HFH. She hopes to help to bring about a better tommarrow by being a hero.

Last edited by LeopoldKain on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 am

Pull my fingure...

Sean Ashford aka Mr. Six

ABILITIES: STR: 18 (+4) DEX: 25 (+7) CON: 17 (+3) INT: 16 (+3) WIS: 14 (+2) CHA: 18 (+4)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 12 (+19), Bluff 4/4 (+12) [Attractive], Climb (+4), Diplomacy 4/4 (+12) [Attractive], Disguise (+4), Disable Device 4 (+11), Escape Artist 4 (+11), Gather Info (+4), Handle Animal (+4), Intimidate (+4), Notice (+2), Search (+3), Sense Motive (+3), Stealth 12 (+19), Survival 4 (+6), Swim 8 (+12), Knowledge [Tactics] 15 (+18 ), Language 1 (+4)

FEATS: Attack Focus (5) [Melee], Chock Hold, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Elusive Target, Grappling Finesse, Improve Defense, Improved Disarm, Improve Grab, Improve Grapple, Improve Pin, Improve Trip, Instant Up, Leadership, Inspire, Move by Action, Team Work, Equipment (10), Prone Fighter, Redirect, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack, Uncanny Dodge, Attractive

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
ep. (50)
Knife, Tactical Vest (+4)
(Trust me he has 50 points of equipment and it will be added. Just can't read the guys writing.)

COMBAT: Base Attack +7, Melee +16, Ranged +14, Grapple +15 [Unarmed +4 (Bruise), ; Defense 25 (11 flat-footed); Init +7;

SAVES: Toughness +9 (+4 flat-footed), Fortitude +7, Reflex +13 , Will +6

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 48 + Skills 20 (80 ranks) + Feats 37 + Powers 0 + Combat 28(7 Melee / 7 Def) + Saves 12 – Drawbacks 0 = 145 / 150

Character Info:
Sex: Male; Age: 24; Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;
Much is not known about Sean Ashford. What is know is that his farther died during a mutant protest in 1990. Sean is one of the youngest members to ever join Seal Team 6. Currently still labeled as on assignment with his branch.

Last edited by LeopoldKain on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby MorningKnight » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:41 am

I really like Kid Crush. Good work.

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:11 am

MorningKnight wrote:I really like Kid Crush. Good work.

I will not tell a lie the people at J-Mart help alot on that build and they dont even know it... Thank you all.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:21 am

noticed your attack and defence bonus's for crush are off.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Return to “Roll Call”