Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Eld's builds:V'han, El Salto!, Scimitar, Spirit Dragon

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Re: Eld's builds:Sanguine,Carrionette, Perdition, Portgas D. Ace

Postby Yeoman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:33 am

Arthur Eld wrote:
Crinos wrote:Looks alright. Honestly I'm not that familiar with 3e yet, and anime characters tend to be more complicated builds than most, but it seems fine to me.

+1 on the complicated bit. I've been trying to get a handle on how Nico Robin should work for a while now. One Piece characters just have some of the weirdest powers of just about any supers setting.

I'd probably handle it with some Extra Limbs, elongation, sensory powers (Mostly clairsentience and extended senses) and damaging telekinesis. Maybe some ranks of flight. But that's me.

After well over two decades of Chamions, SAS, Palladium, GURPS and M&M I've found your best bet with weird powers is the boil them down to the very basic effect they produce rather than try to tackle the way they produce them. M&M is particularly good at handeling stuff like that. Especially 3rd Ed, as it purposefully stripped powers down to their bare essentials.
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Yeoman - I've found your point to be very true myself. I've found a lot of weird ways to use powers over the years just in this game.

Eld - I don't have any investment in One-Piece but Portgas makes a pretty neat super.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
"If I have to give up a kidney I'll be okay because I'll still have Mutants and Masterminds."
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Gremlinkin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:35 pm

I noticed that you've done conversions for all of the Crime League, except for Dr. Simian. Or am I missing it?
Gremlinkin
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks for the input, Yeo. Those are mostly along the lines I was thinking, but there are details that were giving me pause. And some of her post time skip powers have me wondering where to put her on the PL scale.

Dweller, I can't recommend One Piece enough. I used to think it was weird and too childish, but now its probably my favorite manga. And there are a lot of interesting power sets for a supers game.

As for Dr. Simian, I built him when I did the Primate Patrol. His version from Earth Ape and the prime Freedom City earth are basically the same, especially in regards to mechanics.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Thanks for the input, Yeo. Those are mostly along the lines I was thinking, but there are details that were giving me pause. And some of her post time skip powers have me wondering where to put her on the PL scale.

Haven't seen enough of Post Time Skip to tell. All I remember is she can create full on duplicates.

As for PL, depends on your feelings. For me, the most I've seen out of One Piece is PL 14 or 15. The most dangerous men on the planet are maybe a threat to that planet. Given the Going Merry crew and pretty definitively not on that level yet, probably PL 12 or 13.

Dweller, I can't recommend One Piece enough. I used to think it was weird and too childish, but now its probably my favorite manga. And there are a lot of interesting power sets for a supers game.

I think the problem with OP is that the first four or five volumes are not very good. The series doesn't really start to move until Arlong Park, and doesn't get good until they get to the Grand Line.

But once it gets to that point? Imagine if Dragon Ball had an actual meta-plot that tied the entire series together, and all the secondary characters were allowed to have their own goals, personalities and accomplishments.
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Yeah, I went PL 15 for the Admirals. Whitebeard might had been 16, though-definitely in his prime. It's tricky for Logias because they tend to have Insubstantial and Regeneration, meaning they can compete with higher PL opponents. And then there's a guy like Law, who so far no one has been able to save against his powers.

As for the series itself, i don't think the first few volumes are bad-it's just that everything after is so much better.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't even begin to think how to do Law's power.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:01 pm

At it's most basic, it's some kind of Transform effect. But it's the level of power he's displayed that makes me uncertain. His effect is very all or nothing, which is a
lot harder to do in 3E than it was in 2E.

At least with Bleach builds, the series will be over in a year or two (probably), hopefully answering some of my lingering questions. But who knows how long Oda can keep going?
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Yeah, I went PL 15 for the Admirals. Whitebeard might had been 16, though-definitely in his prime. It's tricky for Logias because they tend to have Insubstantial and Regeneration, meaning they can compete with higher PL opponents. And then there's a guy like Law, who so far no one has been able to save against his powers.

Not sure about that. 16 to me is well into the cosmic range. I tend to put the classic Defenders in the PL 13 to 15 range.

As for the series itself, i don't think the first few volumes are bad-it's just that everything after is so much better.

That's just my opinion. But I tried getting into the series twice and couldn't get past the early volumes. So the third time I just skipped the early stuff. Even then it didn't start to really grab me until Crocodile showed up. Mostly cause he's not a typical shonen fight series villian.
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Eld's builds:Sanguine,Carrionette, Perdition, Portgas D.

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Well, its food for thought. I might maybe go back and bump Akainu down to 14, but I can't see Whitebeard as any less than a PL 15. Really, to get the results he showed in the Whitebeard War arc, he'd have to be (at least defensively) really high in PL. The sheer amount of punishment he endured, while being dangerous enough to defeat any one of his opponents at any given time?

Its the kind of thing where you have to build for the results shown, and not necessarily descriptive fluff. Then again, maybe he just rolled really well.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Fri May 03, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Goth
PL 11 154

Abilities

Strength 12, Stamina 10, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 8, Intellect 5, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Powers
Resilient Protection 4, Immunity 5 (age, cold, disease, heat, poison) 9
Fast Speed 5, Quickness 3, Enhanced Improved Initiative 3 11
Shockwave Cone extra on 11 ranks of Strength damage 11

Advantages: All-out Attack, Chokehold, Eidetic Memory, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7

Skills: Close combat (unarmed) 2 (+10), Deception 5 (+6), Vehicles 3 (+4), Expertise (art) 8 (+13), Expertise (current events) 8 (+13), Expertise (philosophy) 8 (+13), Perception 5 (+5), Expertise (guitar-PRE based) 7 +(8), Insight 4 (+4)

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +10 Damage 12

Defense
Dodge 8 (7), Parry 8
Toughness 14, Fortitude 10, Will 4 (4)

Abilities 76+Powers 31+Advantages 11+Skills 25+Defenses 11=154

•Candace 'Candy' Alexander had a rough childhood, running away from home at 13 and living with a string of unpleasant boyfriends for years. One day, however, her fortunes changed when she attended a rave thrown by her current boyfriend, who was working for the Orchard, a criminal organization specializing in designer drugs and bioweapons. Their new product was tested on the ravers, with many people dieing, and Candy falling into a coma for months. She might have died too, but her latent mutant powers were activated by the drugs-she awoke stronger, bigger, and smarter than before. After that, a big woman known as Goth began working as a bouncer as well as playing guitar in a few bands before she met Sanguine, joining Hells Belles.

•Goth is not a nice person, except where her bandmates are concerned. Cross them, and you'll have someone with the strength of a tank and the intelligence of Sherlock Holmes after you. She's a simple build, but undeniably effective.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Well, its food for that. I might maybe go back and bump Akainu down to 14, but I can't see Whitebeard as any less than a PL 15. Really, to get the results he showed in the Whitebeard War arc, he'd have to be (at least defensively) really high in PL. The sheer amount of punishment he endured, while being dangerous enough to defeat any one of his opponents at any given time?

Its the kind of thing where you have to build for the results shown, and not necessarily descriptive fluff. Then again, maybe he just rolled really well.

Well, yeah, the absolute tip top guys would probably be around 15. The admirals are 14 or 14, and guys like Whitebeard are a cut above them. So around 15 I could see. I'd see him during the war as just having some drawbacks of complications related to his illness.
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

1,007-1,012

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:09 pm

The Psions
A family of superhuman mentalists, led by their grandfather, they are driven by his belief in the superiority of those who have mastered the power of the mind, and are frequent foes of the Atom Family.

Professor Psion
PL 11 140

Abilities

Strength -1, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect 13, Awareness 11, Presence 3

Powers:
Psi-translation Comprehend 2 (understand all languages, you’re understood) 4
Telepathy Cumulative Mind Reading 8, Sensory Link, Mental Communication 3 36
Mind Blast Damage 4, Resisted by will 1
Mental domination Mind Control 8 1

Advantages: Eidetic Memory, Leadership, Ranged Attack 3, Ultimate Will, Languages 2 (Russian, English-base German)

Skills: Deception 6 (+9), Technology 4 (+17), Persuasion 6 (+9), Intimidation 4 (+7), Expertise (psychology) 8 (+21), Expertise (Science) 6 (+19), Expertise (philosophy) 2 (+15), Insight 4 (+15), Treatment 2 (+15), Expertise (teaching) 2 (+15)

Offense
Initiative +0

Defenses
Dodge 4 (4), Parry 4 (1)
Toughness 0, Fortitude 3 (3), Will 13 (2)

Abilities 58+Powers 42+Advantages 8+Skills 22+Defenses 10=140

•Parker Psion, birth-name Artur Zion, fled Nazi Germany in the 30s, bringing his beliefs in the next step in human evolution to the United States. When his money to perform experiments ran out, he worked with criminals, promising them he could make superhumans, or give them powers. When his claims proved false, he fled, using the last of his ill-gotten gains to experiment on himself, unlocking his own powers. From there, he seduced a woman, getting her pregnant. In vitro injections and other genetic modification produced three powerful children. From there, he eventually moved his family to an isolated compound in the Colorado Rockies. Eventually, after he had five grandchildren, there was an avalanche that killed Psion's children, leaving him to raise his grandchildren to be the next generation in human advancement.

•A minor mentalist, Psion is by no means Professor X. Still, he's a brilliant man and very, very driven. He believes himself to be misunderstood by the rest of the world, and thinks that history will eventually vindicate him.

Empath
PL 10 158

Abilities

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 5, Presence 11/3

Powers
Heightened Charisma Enhanced Presence 8 16
Emotion Control Perception Cumulative Affliction 10 (Limited to controlling emotional state, resisted by Will, Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) 30
Sympathetic Healing Empathic Healing 10 1
Empathic Cumulative Mind Reading 10, Limited to emotions 1
Painful Emotions Mental Blast 4 16
Psion Senses 1 (Mental awareness) 1

Advantages: Defensive Roll 5, Daze (Deception), Fascinate (Deception), Ranged Attack 5, Taunt, Teamwork

Skills: Deception 4 (+15), Persuasion 4 (+15), Expertise (psychology) 4 (+5), Insight 8 (+13)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +8 Damage 0

Defense
Dodge 12 (9), Parry 12 (4)
Toughness 6/1, Fortitude 4 (3), Will 10 (5)

Abilities 48+Powers 65+Advantages 14+Skills 10+Defenses 21=158

•Juliana is the oldest of the current generation of Psions, and their field leader. A skilled manipulator, her powers only heighten her natural gift for twisting people's emotions and using them as her tools. While she is rational and cold, she believes lethal force to be a last resort, and is willing to use her powers to bring her fellow Psions in line with her way of thinking. A potent support player, she can stir up tensions within a hero group and then fight from the, keeping her family healed if she thinks its necessary. Due to her nature and how her healing works, she doesn't use it as often as others might like.

Ember
PL 10 152

Abilities

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers:
Fire Blasts Blast 10 20
Rocketing Flight 7 14
Fire Sheath Force Field 8, Reaction Damage 6 32
Fire Proof Immunity 10 (fire/heat effects) 10

Advantages: Improved Critical (fire blast), Ranged Attack 2, Power Attack, Startle

Skills: Ranged Combat (fire blast) 4 (+10), Acrobatics 6 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +4
Blast +10 Damage 10

Defense
Dodge 11 (7), Parry 11 (5)
Toughness 9/1, Fortitude 5 (4), Will 7 (5)

Abilities 40+Powers 76+Advantages 5+Skills 10+Defenses 21=152

•Frankie Psion is the opposite of her cousin Julianna, lacking control over her emotions, and really only obeys her grandfather and cousin because they are more powerful. She's less about logic, intellect and the mind and more about passion and drive, believing her fiery, destructive nature to be more in line with the truth of evolution. The most powerful fighter of the Psions, she burns whatever she can, will take hostages, and will often cause massive collateral damage by starting fires she has no interest in stopping, even after the end of a fight.

Jump
PL 10 174

Abilities

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 7, Dexterity 7, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Powers
Teleport Sickness Cumulative Affliction 10, Resisted by Fortitude, Impaired/Disabled/Incapcitated, Limited to Teleport passengers 20
Hyper Teleport Extended Teleport 18, Extended Only, Easy, Increased Mass 3 40
Teleportation Teleport 6 Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 3, Turnabout 1

Advantages: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Set-Up, Teamwork, Ranged Attack 3

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Perception 4 (+7), Investigation 6 (+7), Insight 8 (+11), Stealth 4 (+11)

Offense
Initiative +11
Unarmed +10 Damage 0
Teleport Sickness +10 Affliction 10

Defense
Dodge 15 (8), Parry 15 (5)
Toughness 5/1, Fortitude 4 (3), Will 8 (5)

Abilities 62+Powers 61+Advantages 15+Skills 15+Defenses 21=174

•A powerful teleporter and the conscience of the team, Joshua is the escape-clause when things go south. While he doesn't buy into the 'superhumans are superior' doctrines of his family, he still goes along with them because he's not very assertive, and they are his family after all. Kind of a superhuman George-Michael Bluth.

Aura
PL 10 131

Abilities

Strength -1, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Powers
Telepathy Mental Communication 4, Cumulative Mind Reading 10 36
Phantasms Illusion 7, All senses, Resisted by Will, Selective 1
Mind Blast Perception Will Damage 8 1
Mind Shield Enhanced Will 5, Limited to mental effects 3
Psion Senses 2 (Communication link with Argent, Mental awareness) 2

Advantages: Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Teamwork, Ranged Attack 3

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Insight 6 (+10), Stealth 4 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +7 Damage -1

Defense
Dodge 14 (10), Parry 14 (7)
Toughness 4/1, Fortitude 4 (3), Will 9 (5)

Abilities 46+Powers 43+Advantages 8+Skills 9+Defenses 25=131

Complications
Power Loss For every 20 feet of distance between Gwen and her twin, she loses 1 rank in her Telepathy powers.

•Gwen Psion is the shy and quiet twin, sensitive to the feelings of others. While Gwen doesn't like hurting people, she sees nothing wrong with reading their minds if she feels like it. In combat, she'll use her powers to link the Psions together and let them fight with planning and efficiency without saying a word, likely taking their foes by surprise.

Argent
PL 10 147

Abilities

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Powers
TK Flight Flight 7 14
TK Field Sustained Protection 8, Impervious Toughness 9 17
Psion Senses 2 (Communication link with Aura, Mental awareness) 2
Telekinesis Move Object 10, Sustained 30
TK Blast Blast 10 1

Advantages: Ranged Attack 4, Evasion, Instant Up, Teamwork

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Insight 6 (+10), Stealth 4 (+8), Ranged Combat (tk blast) 2 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +8 Damage 0
TK Blast +10 Damage 10

Defense
Dodge 11 (7), Parry 11 (3)
Toughness 9/1, Fortitude 4 (3), Will 9 (5)

Abilities 48+Powers 64+Advantages 7+Skills 10+Defenses 18=147

Complications
Power Loss For every 20 feet of distance between Carrie and her twin, she loses 1 rank in her Telepathy powers.

•The outgoing, active, tomboy twin, Carolyn looks out for her sister, even before their powers and twin link developed. While her sister's powers provide her with a golden aura, Carolyn's is silvery, and often visible when she flies, which she loves to do. She wants to explore the world, but is bound by love and duty to her family and twin sister. She's less malicious about believing in superhuman superiority, she just sees it as a natural fact. Not as tough as Ember, she's close and has a lot more discipline, which helps keeps the others, especially Gwen, safe.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

1,013-1,019

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:01 pm

The Shadow Academy
Formed by the Labyrinth, the Shadow Academy are your basic school for superpowered, evil youngsters, ready made to throw down with the Next-Gen, Alterniteens, Teen Titans, Young Avengers, and so on. These builds required a bit of work converting, a lot of the base builds had some funky formatting or were just plain wrong in some respects.

Count Zero
PL 14 178

Abilities
Strength 8, Stamina -. Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 8, Intellect 10, Awareness 0, Presence -1

Powers
Web-Head Feature 1 (mental connection to the Internet, uses Expertise (current events to Gather Info for Investigation checks) 1
Synthezoid Immunity 30 (Fortitude), Protection 10 (Impervious Toughness 3) 43
Techno-merge Mind Control 9, Ranged, Feedback, Limited to machines, Continuous, Flaw-leaves physical body behind, Dynamic 27
Datalink Radio Communication 4, Dynamic 2
Machine Control Perception Move Object 9, Precise, Limited to machines, Dynamic 2
Infomorph Mental Quickness 6, Senses 8 (Detect EM signatures, Extended Hearing 2, Extended vision 3, Lowlight vision, radio) 11

Advantages: Ranged Attack 2, Eidetic Memory, Speed of Thought, Ultimate Expertise (current events), Well-Informed

Skills: Technology 14 (+24), Expertise (current events) 10 (+20), Expertise (science) 14 (+24), Investigation 10 (+20)

Offense
Initiative +10
Unarmed +8 Damage 8

Defense
Dodge 8 (5), Parry 8
Toughness 10, Fortitude -, Will 5 (5)

Abilities 52+Powers 86+Advantages 6+Skills 24+Defenses 10=178

•Count Zero is definitely a support player, being PL 8 on offense and PL 9 on defense. With a good use of his techno-merge power he could potentially control a far more combat-oriented machine, though. But he's best left in the back lines doing high-speed research to gain as much information on his enemies as he can.

Shadowbox
PL 8 84

Abilities
Strength -1, Stamina 1, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 4, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Powers
Darkness Control
Burst Area 8 Visual Concealment 2 (normal vision), Flaw-Distracting 18
Animate Shadows Summon Shadows 8 (Active, Flaw-Requires Shadows to animate, Distracting) 1
Shadow Scry Remote Sensing 8 (vision and hearing), Medium-Shadows 1
Shadow Bind Snare 4 (Perception Range) 1
Shadow Hands Perception Damaging Move Object 3 1
Shadow Walk Extended Teleport 4 (500 feet/16 miles), Portal, Medium-Shadows 1
Shadow Sprites Enhanced Active Defenses 10 20
Shadow Sight Senses 2 (darkvision) 2

Advantages: Defensive Roll, Eidetic Memory

Skills: Expertise (art) 6 (+10), Expertise (stringed instruments) 2 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +2 Damage -1

Defense
Dodge 14/4 (2), Parry 14/4 (2)
Toughness 2/1, Fortitude 3 (2), Will 6 (5)

Abilities 22+Powers 45+Advantages 2+Skills 4+Defenses 11=84

•Erika Brandt, AKA Shadowbox is the Headmistress' daughter, and has similar powers. A depressed, apathetic, and non-violent person, Shadowbox is really only kept around because of her every growing shadow powers. She makes an excellent sympathetic villain for the PCs, and someone they can achieve a victory against by simply winning her to their side, rather than just beating her up.

Hellhound
PL 8 235

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 8, Agility 8, Dexterity 8, Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Powers
Tail Extra Limb 1 1
Hellfire Blast 7, Penetrating 7, Indirect 2 23
Emotion Control Perception Area-sight, Affliction 6 (Dazed/Compelled/Controlled, Resisted to Will, Limited to controlling emotions), Subtle, Sustained 1
Hypnosis Close Range Mind Control 6, Perception Area-Auditory, Continuous, Subtle 37
Demon Leaping 1, Speed 1 2
Shapeshift Morph 3 (humanoids) 15
Horns and Claws Strength-based Damage 1 1
Hellfire Aura Reaction Damage 4 16

Advantages: Daze (Deception), Evasion, Fascinate (Deception), Improved Critical (horns and claws) 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Ritualist, Seize Initiative, Set-up, Startle

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+11), Deception 14 (+18), Persuasion 6 (+10), Intimidation 4 (+8), Expertise (magic) 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Investigation 3 (+6), Insight 14 (+17), Stealth 4 (+12)

Offense
Initiative +8
Claws +8 Damage 6
Hellfire +8 Damage 7

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8
Toughness 8, Fortitude 8, Will 8 (5)

Abilities 94+Powers 96+Advantages 13+Skills 27+Defenses 5=235

•Hellhound came out obscenely expensive in 3E. This mostly because Mind Control is twice is expensive, and because he relied heavily on Sneak Attack for damage output, which doesn't exist in 3E. So he's undercapped on offense and need to power attack vulnerable opponents. But he has a lot of useful skills and traits outside of combat, so its not really a big deal.

The Headmistress
PL 10 170

Abilities

Strength 0, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Powers
Darkness Control Burst Area 2 Concealment 2 (visual) 8
Shadow Constructs Create 4, Distracting 1
Shadow Aura Enhanced Advantage-Startle 1
Shadow Disk Flight 4, Platform 4
Shadow Armor Enhanced Active Defenses 6, Feature 1-Shadow Aura 13
Shadow Claws Damage 6 6
Shadowsight Senses 2 (darkvision) 2

Advantages: Close Attack 2, Ranged Attack 4, Attractive, Connected, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Equipment 3, Evasion, Fascinate (Deception), Favored Foe (men), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Taunt, Languages 3 (Arabic, English, French, Russian, base-German)

Equipment Commlink, Pistol (Blast 3), hidden blades (Damage 1), Smoke bomb

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Deception 8 (+11/+13), Athletics 4 (+4), Technology 2 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+7/+9), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Investigation 6 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+11), Expertise (psychology) 8 (+11), Expertise (business) 4 (+7), Expertise (Streetwise) 10 (+13), Perception 6 (+9), Expertise (Teacher) 6 (+9), Insight 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+10), Ranged Combat (guns) 4 (+12)

Offense
Initiative +4
Shadow Claws +10 Damage 6
Pistol +12 Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 14/8 (4), Parry 14/8
Toughness 5/3, Fortitude 5 (2), Will 9 (3)

Abilities 56+Powers 35+Advantages 24+Skills 46+Defenses 9=170

•Eliza Brandt is a ruthless former terrorist recruited by Taurus to head up the Shadow Academy. Her shadow powers have waned over the years from when she was known as Tenebrous. A cold, cunning woman, she cares little for her students other than pushing them to achieve success. She doesn't meet any of her caps, but comes pretty close on Defense and like HH, needs to power attack to make up for the lack of Sneak Attack.

Stompzilla
PL 10 123

Abilities

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Powers
Large Permanent Growth 5 10
Invulnerable Immunity 9 (cold, critical hits, disease, poison, pressure, starvation&thirst, metabolic descriptor), Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 11 25
Super Jumps Leaping 3 3
Super Strength Power Lifting 1 (50 tons) 1
Groundstrike Alternate Effect of Strength Damage, Burst Area Affliction 10, Resisted by Dodge, Vulnerable/Defenseless, Instant Recvoery, Limited-Stompzilla and targets must be in contact with the ground 1
Rapid Healing Regeneration 5 5

Advantages: All-out Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Improved Critical (unarmed) 3, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Startle

Skills: Close Combat (unarmed) 2 (+9), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise (pop culture) 5 (+5), Intimidation 8 (+11), Expertise (streetwise) 5 (+5), Insight 5 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +9 Damage 10

Defense
Dodge 5 (6), Parry 5
Toughness 15, Fortitude 10, Will 4 (4)

Abilities 40+Powers 45+Advantages 13+Skills 15+Defenses 10=123

•One of the easier builds to convert, Stompzilla is just a big nasty brick who actually has some finesse in combat as well. He's undercaps slightly on offense, but since the SA are mostly still rookie villains and because he's so tough for his PL, it doesn't matter, as he's the type to AOA and PA for +5/-5, soaking most damage and being very dangerous in melee. I dropped the cost for immunity metabolic effects because I don't see it coming up that often.

Dwarfstar
PL 9 122

Abilities

Strength 11/4, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Powers
Gravity Blast Blast 6, Power Loss-when not shrunk 11
Gravity Control Shapeable Area Close Range Move Object 6, Limited to moving up or down, Distracting, Sustained 1
Gravity Flight Flight 5 (Limited-only when shrunk) 5
Shrinking Shrinking 12, Normal Strength, Quirk-can only use Shrinking at full ranks 23
Increased Density Enhanced Strength 7, Strength-based Damage 5, Protection 6, Impervious Toughness 7, Quirk-must be shrunk 29
Fighting large targets Enhanced Ranged Attack 4, Limited-only when shrunk, against opponents larger than himself 2

Advantages: Ranged Attack, Daze (Deception)

Skills: Ranged Combat (gravity blast) 6 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise (pop culture) 4 (+4), Perception 3 (+4), Insight 3 (+4), Stealth 0 (+1/+13)

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +2 Damage 4/16
Gravity Blast +12 Damage 6

Defense
Dodge 10/4 (3), Parry 10/4 (2)
Toughness 8/2, Fortitude 6 (4), Will 4 (3)

Abilities 26+Powers 71+Advantages 2+Skills 11+Defenses 12=122

•Dwarfstar's powers are actually a neat concept, so its too bad the original 2E build was all kinds of messed up, due to how shrinking used to work. I think I managed to correct most of the major problems and now the build reflects the concept, a guy who can shrink to one (much) smaller size and gains flight, super-strength, and gravity blasts when he does.

Lethal Lolita
PL 9 163

Abilities

Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Powers
Utopian Immunity 2 (age, disease, limited to half effect), Leaping 1, Speed 2, Senses 2 (Extended hearing, extended vision 6
Martial arts mastery (Array, 21 points)
Counter-strike Aura Reaction Extra on Strength damage 18
Knifehand Attack Penetrating Extra 6 on Strength Damage, Improved Critical (unarmed) 4 1
Flurry Attack Multiattack Extra on Strength damage 1
Whirlwind Attack Strength-based Damage 3, Burst Area 1

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 2, Ranged Attack 4, All-out Attack, Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Defensive Attack, Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Taunt

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 4 (+10), Deception 8 (+10/+12), Perception 8 (+9), Insight 9 (+10), Sleight of Hand 4 (+10), Stealth 4 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +10
Unarmed +12 Damage 6

Defense
Dodge 10 (4), Parry 10
Toughness 8/6, Fortitude 8 (2), Will 8 (7)

Abilities 76+Powers 27+Advantages 25+Skills 22+Defenses 13=163

•Lolita is another build that needed some work due to all her strike powers having Mighty and thus breaking her PL 9 caps. But she works well now, a nigh-superhuman fighter with impressive martial arts ability. Due to her extras and potential damage output, she could probably go toe-to-toe with non-powered types a PL above her, like Nightwing, with a fair chance of victory.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Eld's builds:Portgas D. Ace, Goth, Psions, Shadow Academy

Postby HustlerOne » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:05 am

The Psions and Shadow Academy were much needed Teen SuperVillains for Freedom City. It was really odd
that there weren't much teen villains in the Hero High book. I probably speak for everyone on the boards who appreciates your hard work converting these great characters to 3E.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call