Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Eld's builds:Scimitar, Spirit Dragon, Zombies, Kirin, Amleth

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:39 am

Sanguine
PL 10 151

Abilities
Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 7, Dexterity 7, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Powers
Inhuman Immunity 2 (Cold, disease) 2
Resilient Protection 3, Regeneration 6 9
More than Human Leaping 1, Speed 1, Senses 4 (Extended hearing, acute scent, lowlight vision, ultrasonic hearing) 6
Fangs and Claws Strength-based Damage 3 3

Advantages: Animal Empathy, Attractive 2, Connected, Defensive Roll 3, Diehard, Evasion, Fascinate (Diplomacy), Ranged Attack 1, Taunt

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+10), Athletics 4 (+10), Deception 5 (+8/+13), Persuasion 5 (+8/+13), Vehicles 3 (+10), Expertise (Current events) 3 (+4), Perception 9 (+12), Expertise (singing) 6 (+9), Expertise (music manager) 6 (+9), Insight 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+13)

Offense
Initiative +7
Unarmed +8 Damage 9

Defense
Dodge 8 (1), Parry 8
Toughness 12/9, Fortitude 6, Will 11 (8)

Abilities 82+Powers 20+Advantages 12+Skills 28+Defenses 9=151

•Sanguine is yet another creation of Dr. Diablo, a woman named Teresa Kinney who woke up from a motorcycle accident he engineered in order to test elements of vampire blood on her. She was made stronger and faster, breaking free of the doctor's restraints, but was stayed by pity at the sight of the deranged, senile old man. Eventulaly, he was killed by his other creations and Teresa escaped. Eventually, she capitalized on her new vampire-like abilities and appearance to take her music career to the next level. Now she fronts the band Hell's Belles, an all-girl, all metahuman rock group.

•From the Algernon Files, Sanguine is a kind of vampire/human hybrid. Teresa's combination of power and skills make her an excellent front-man for the band. She's unmistakenably the groups leader, although some people out there still think she's a real vampire, which could bring her into conflict with all kinds of nasty people. In combat, she's undercapped, on offense, but can go allout and power attack for +2/-2 each to biumpb up to a respectable +8, 11 Damage. Given her regeneration, she won't worry about lowering her defense a bit. Still the fact that she's a musician first, combatant second is definitely clear.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:01 am

Carrionette
PL 5 174

Abilities

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Powers
Animate Corpses Summon 4 (Multiple Minions 5-32, Horde, Active, Limited-must have coprses sufficent to animate) 52
Talks to the Dead Comprehend 2 (Spirits) 4
Healing Necrotic energies Personal Healing 4, Immortality 20, Quirk-corpses must be nearby 42
Necromantic engine Immunity 6 (suffocation, starvation&thirst, age, critical hits, disease) 6
Necro-Senses Senses 9 (Ranged Acute, Accurate Mental Detect Corpse, Postcognition-only for her animated corpse's prior lives) 7

Advantages: Equipment 2, Ranged Attack, Startle

Equipment Cellphone, Heavy pistol

Skills: Deception 5 (+7), Intimidate 4 (+6), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+9), Expertise (Drums) 8 (+10), Insight 5 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +3 Damage 0
Pistol +3 Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 5 (3), Parry 5 (2)
Toughness 2, Forttude 4 (2), Will 6 (2)

Abilities 34+Powers 111+Advantages 4+Skills 16+Defenses 9=174

•Coming from a long line of witches, necromancers, and other nasty types in the New Orleans area, Charlotte Duquesne was never interested in her studies, preferring music. However, that didn't mean she didn't have power, as over the years her skills have built to the point where she can speak to spirits, animate the dead, and draw on the energy of the dead to keep herself from dying. She travelled with her sister's ghouse (Hauntress), until she played at a bar that was robbed. She used her powers to help stop the robbery, and that was how she met Sanguine and joined her band.

•A low power but high cost character, Carrionette can call upon a horde of zombies built on 60 points, so they're sure to have a little extra oomph. Besides that, she can't do much, although speaking with the dead can be useful for information gathering, along with being able to animate a corpse and then use postcog to reveal the facts of its life. In another universe, she could be an excellent murder investigator.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Eld's builds:Moriarty, Captain Thunder, Sanguine,Carrionette

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:50 pm

I like these ladies. Always had a soft spot for the bad girls. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 am

Perdition
PL 8 142

Abilities

Strength -1, Stamina 4, Agility 8, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness -1, Presence 12/3

Powers
Seductress Enhanced Presence 9-Limited to charming/seducing 9
Elementals Summon 7, Multiple Minions, Active 28
Hellfire Blast 11 1
Fire Control Shapeable Area Damage 8, Limited-requires existing fire 1
Fire Shapes Create 8 1
Cambion Imunity 7 (fire damage, disease, aging) 7
Flame Aura Damage 6, Reaction 25

Advantages: Attrative 2, Evasion, Fascinate (Deception), Power Attack

Skills: Deception 1 (+4/+18), Persuasion 1 (+4/+18), Perception 3 (+2), Expertise (keyboards) 9 (+9), Expertise (singing, PRE based), 4 (+7), Insight 5 (+4)

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +5 Damage -1/6
Hellfire +5 Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8 (3)
Toughness 5, Fortitude 4, Will 4 (4)

Abilities 46+Powers 72+Advantages 5+Skills 12+Defenses 7=142

•A half-demon, half-human, Margaret Rose Miller foought her infernal nature for some time before she finally gave in. Relying on her seductive nature, she foudn a string of men who would support her, one of whom taught her to play the keyboards. While playing with his band, she came to the attention of Sanguine and Goth, joining their band. She's also growing more demonic in appearance as time goes by, but passes it off as elaborate stage makeup for the time being.

•Undercapped on defense, Perdition can be relied to seduce just about any NPC the group needs her to, and in combat, she should summon her fire elementals and let them do the heavy lifting for a while. Her blasts are very powerful, but also inaccurrate, and when sufficiently enraged, she'll probably power attack for the full +5/-5, reducing her attack bonus to 0, but dishing out rank 16 damage, enough to harm guys like Superman and Thor. In converting her, I had to fudge her Enhanced Presence a bit because of the differences in 2E and 3E Attractive.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 am

Portgas. D Ace
PL 13 256

Abilities

Strength 4, Stamina 7, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 12, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Powers
Fire Man Insubstantial 3, Subtle, Precise, Immunity 10 (fire/heat effects), Regeneration 5 32
Hot Environment 4 (Heat 1) 4

Fire Fist Line Area Damage 13, Increased Area 4 (500 feet) 78
Fire Blasts Blast 15, Accurate 2, Improved Critical 1
Fire Shaping Ranged Shapeable Area (Increased Area 3) Fire Damage 13, Selective, Sustained, Fades
Firefly Flight 4 8

Advantages: All-out Attack, Benefit 2 (Division commander in the Whitebeard pirates), Defensive Roll 5, Fearless, Inspire 3, Luck, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Equipment 3

Equipment Striker (Vehicle, Size-Large, Strength 5, Swimming 6/1, Toughness 7, Defense 0 Feature-Submersible, Flaws-Swimming limited to rank 1 without heat propulsion), Knife (Strength-based Damage 2, Improved Critical)

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 6 (+10), Close combat (unarmed) 2 (+14), Expertise (sailing) 5 (+6), Intimidation 5 (+8), Expertise (pirate) 9 (+10), Perception 6 (+8), Insight 5 (+7),

Offense
Initiative +3
Fire Blasts +11 Damage 15
Unarmed +14 Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 12 (9), Parry 12
Toughness 12/7, Fortitude 9 (2), Will 10 (8)

Abilities 70+Powers 124+Advantages 19+Skills 21+Defenses 19=256

Complications
Power Loss In addition to the normal Devil Fruit weaknesses, Ace's fire can be smothered by magma or lava.
Relationship To his brother, to the Whitebeard Pirates, and especially his father figure, Whitebeard.
Enemy Blackbeard
Reputation As a Whitebeard Pirate.
Secret Son of Gol D. Roger.

•Portgas D. Ace, adopted brother of Monkey D. Luffy, second division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, and all-around badass. While a background character in One Piece for most of it, he does drive a major section of the plot during the Whitebeard War arc (which has some of the best moments in the series).

•Ace is a badass even without his powers, and with them he's an offensive PL 13, able to dish out massive area attacks. On defense, he's undercapped, but Regeneration and Insubstantial 3 go a long way to make up for that. Ace didn't get a lot of screen time in One Piece, but he was always considered one of the stronger pirates around, so PL 13-comfortably above the Strawhats at the beginning, two PLs under the Admirals (I've only built Akainu, but they're all the same PL, I figure), and in line with a guy like Crocodile-seems about right.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 1,004

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Image

Perdition
PL 8 142

•Undercapped on defense, Perdition can be relied to seduce just about any NPC the group needs her to, and in combat, she should summon her fire elementals and let them do the heavy lifting for a while. Her blasts are very powerful, but also inaccurrate, and when sufficiently enraged, she'll probably power attack for the full +5/-5, reducing her attack bonus to 0, but dishing out rank 16 damage, enough to harm guys like Superman and Thor. In converting her, I had to fudge her Enhanced Presence a bit because of the differences in 2E and 3E Attractive.

I had a question about Power Attacking like that, but I answered it myself...for once... :wink:

Nifty build.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Eld's builds:Sanguine,Carrionette, Perdition, Portgas D. Ace

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Hey, never be afraid to ask a question.

There are a lot of things I remember thinking I knew about the system until someone pointed out that I was completely wrong. I also recently wrapped my head around how Perception Range interacts with area effects in 3E.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby scc » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Love the run of female characters you built. They look like fun. Nice conversions.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:33 am

Glad you like em. The last Hell's Belle's character I may or may not post, because her picture is slightly NSFW. After that, more One Piece stuff, and maybe some edits to Bleach stuff as well (what with old man Yama finally showing his Bankai).
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Woodclaw » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Glad you like em. The last Hell's Belle's character I may or may not post, because her picture is slightly NSFW.

I don't think that Goth is much more of a problem than your average Emma Frost pic.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kreuzritter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:39 pm

it's not goth eld's concerned with, it's hauntress, who isn't quite complete on the barbie doll anatomy
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Eld's builds:Raksha, Janemba, Moriarty, Captain Thunder

Postby Crinos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:40 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Ah, interesting. I'll make the change.

Its funny that Crinos said PL 15, because that was just what my first impression of what a 'near-Mithran' superhero should be.

Yeah, of course in the crinoverse, Thunder only became PL 15 after absorbing ZZZaxxx.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Right, I remember, after Stratos drained all those other electrical supers of their powers.

Incidentally Crinos, I know you've mentioned Ace and Luffy as being in the Crinoverse, so I wondered what you thought of my Ace build compared to how you would have written him up.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Right, I remember, after Stratos drained all those other electrical supers of their powers.

Incidentally Crinos, I know you've mentioned Ace and Luffy as being in the Crinoverse, so I wondered what you thought of my Ace build compared to how you would have written him up.

Looks alright. Honestly I'm not that familiar with 3e yet, and anime characters tend to be more complicated builds than most, but it seems fine to me.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 am

Crinos wrote:Looks alright. Honestly I'm not that familiar with 3e yet, and anime characters tend to be more complicated builds than most, but it seems fine to me.

+1 on the complicated bit. I've been trying to get a handle on how Nico Robin should work for a while now. One Piece characters just have some of the weirdest powers of just about any supers setting.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call