Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Emerald Flame's Builds 2nd Edition

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Emerald Flame's Builds (Shadowhawk I )

Postby MorningKnight » Tue May 25, 2010 9:33 am

Great work on the first Shadowhawk. I'd picked up the first issue, but I was a lot more liberal back then, so didn't much care for his extreme justice.

'Course, I'm older and meaner now.
MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 pm

When Shadowhawk first came out, I was a huge fan of and played a lot of Cyberpunk. R-Talsorians Cyberpunk 2020 was my main game and so the feel of the Iron Age was something I liked. I was an avid collector of Cyberforce, WildCATS and numerous other titles along those lines.

Thanks for the kind words...
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-
Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Unbeliever » Tue May 25, 2010 10:54 pm

@Shadowhawk
I always had a soft spot for the character. Maybe it's just b/c he had a neat look, and was a decent pseudo-Batman ripoff w/out being so blatant about it. I did find his back-breaking thing a bit much, though, even as a teenager in the throes of the Iron Age (seriously ... I have a ton of Image first issues lying around here somewhere).

@the bio-booster builds
It's late, and I have a huge day tomorrow, so I didn't go through the builds too carefully. But, it occurs to me that if you are just going to have a set of pre-statted builds, why not use an array of Alternate Forms? That seems to fit the character pretty well, and you could always power stunt another one at appropriately dramatic moments.
Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby MisterO » Thu May 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Good job on Shadowhawk the First Emerald. I think I had one of his comics or one he cameoed in; I got it in a big box of other 90's era/Image stuff that a friend of my dad's from work was going to throw out.

I wonder how many guys got bit by the speculator bug and it ended up biting them in the butt. :lol:
MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Emerald Flame » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:39 pm

As with a lot of the character threads... there is a movement towards 3E characters... Gee.. I wonder why?? :roll:

I hope to soon post my first 3E character... S.P.A.R.T.A.N.. This character is being build / designed as my character in our group. We have finally got it off the ground and I am excited to finally be playing again. I will post the write-up (once I finish it...) and the pic (Once I get it..) The Horseman has run his course and I want to try something new.... Stay Tuned...

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-
Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's Builds (S.P.A.R.T.A.N. - 3E)

Postby Emerald Flame » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:42 pm

S.P.A.R.T.A.N.

Here is a pic of SPARTAN. The piece is a commission from Synaptron. I have to say that he caught the exact feel of the armor that I was hoping for.

The character will be posted eventually.
Last edited by Emerald Flame on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's Builds 2nd Edition

Postby Emerald Flame » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 am

Well... All thing must eventually end and this is the end of THIS thread.

I started to post 3E builds on this thread, but then opted to create a new thread to hold my 3e character builds. I did this to avoid confusion between old and new builds.

I hope you enjoyed my builds and please check out my new thread...

EMERALD FLAME'S 3E BUILDS

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's Builds (The HORSEMAN Reborn!!)

Postby SCKnight » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:15 am

Emerald Flame wrote:CORSAIR 2.0

PL: 11 (240 pp)

ABILITIES: STR: 33 (+11) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 18 (+4) WIS: 16 (+3) CHA: 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Bluff 2 (+5), Climb (+11), Computers 3 (+7), Concentration (+3), Diplomacy 7 (+10), Disguise (+3), Drive 2 (+6), Escape Artist (+4), Gather Info 4 (+7), Handle Animal (+3), Intimidate (+3), Investigate 3 (+7), Tactics 5 (+9), Medicine 2 (+5), Notice 8 (+11), Pilot 8 (+12), Search 6 (+10), Sense Motive 8 (+11), Stealth 8 (+12), Survival 5 (+8), Swim 2 (+13)

FEATS: Acrobatic Bluff, Benefit (1), Evasion (2), Favored Environment (1), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Master Plan, Move-by Action, Teamwork (2), Skill Mastery ()

POWERS:
Trans Atmospheric Air Supremacy Combat Armor (ASCA) [33]
Device (Hard to Lose) [165 pts]
*Blast "Terminator" Pulse Laser (GPIL) [11] - DC:26:tough
Gas Phase Iodine Laser
[EX] Autofire+1
[EX] Accurate
[EX] Penetrating
[EX] Improved Range x2
[PF] Precise
*Blast "Mini-Mavs Missles" [11] - DC:26:tough
EX] Area: Explosion +1
>Linked to Super Sense<
[Flaw] reliable (5 Shots)
[PF] Accurate x2
[PF] Homing x2
[PF] Improved Range x3
[PF] Knockback
[PF] Precise
*Blast "Swarm Missles" [8] - DC:23:tough
[EX] Area: Explosion +1
[EX] Autofire+1
[PF] Split Attack x4
*Concealment (Radar, Infravision) [2]
*Flight (2500 mph) [8]
*Boost (Flight Only) (Trans-Atmosphere Booster) [3]
*Immunity (Life Support, Critical Hits, Re-Entry) [11]
*Protection [10]
[EX] Impervious [5]
*Super-Senses [13]
* Detect Weakness [Visial, Ranged, Acute, Analytical]
[PF] Assessment
* Extended Vision x2 [1000 ft]
(Infravision, Radar, Ultravision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Danger Sense)
* Enhanced Strength [20]

COMBAT: Attack 7 [Unarmed +11 (Bruise)] Defense 18 (14 flat-footed) Init 8

SAVES: Toughness 12 (12 flat-footed) Fortitude 5 Reflex 9 Will 6

DRAWBACKS: Normal Identity -Outy of Armor [Freq DC 10] [Sev DC 10]

COSTS: Abilities 35 + Skills 22 (85 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 132 + Combat 30 + Saves 11 – Drawbacks -3 = 240 / 240

:arrow: The was a rather large jump from Corsair 1.0 to Corsair 2.0 (60 pts to be exact) but this was due in part to two (2) factors.
1) I had miscalculated the original build
2) I wanted to boost the suit to the next level of combat.

:arrow: The Corsair project is the Air Force's venture into creating a personal combat system that would be able to function in the role of air superiority and also as 'infantry' on the ground. The Marines got involved shortly after the first public appearance of the Corsair suit.

The current pilot, Katrina Sholler, was the first test-pilot of the suit and the person responsible for the Corsair suit coming to the publi'cs attention. During one of her high-altitude test-flights, Katrina saw a struggle between two super-humans that was getting out of control. Innocent people were being endangered. Katrina saw a local school take a direct hit and she flew down to help. The building had been badly damaged and children were trapped. Katrina flew down and used the Corsair suit to free the trapped children and get them to safety. A local TV news station was able to get a few blurry pictures of the new suit. The public's reaction to the new suited hero was extremely positive and the Air Force viewed it as an opportunity to use this publicity to move them ahead. The suit was dubbed the Corsair and became the new spokeperson for the US Air Force. A suit born in secrecy ended up becoming the poster-child for the Air Force. Katrina was initially reprimanded for revealing the suit but then was given the position of full-time suit pilot. The Corsair suit was given a large span of freedom to operate '... in the interest of the people...". The Air Force sees this is a double-positive for their public-relations. Everytime Corsair helps out, it is positive publicity for the Air Force and also, when Corsair confronts the myriad of threats it is simply field-testing for the suit. The Air Force sees this as free field-testing. The Marine Corp is also working on their own suit, the Gladiator Combat System.

As time progressed the Air Force set their eyes higher... Literally. The Corsair suit was upgraded and Katrina once again, was able to live her dream. The new suit was given upgraded weapons and more a powerful flight system. The hand-held 'minigun' was switched to a Gas Phase Iodine Pulse Laser. The GPIL technology allows for a highly compact yet powerful weapon. The weapon now provides a slightly higher output in the same size as well as being able to operate in an atmospheric vacuum. This brings brought hthe neccesity for the second major change.

The flight systems were up-graded and partnered with a next-gen booster system. The new system can maintain a flight speed of @ 2500 mph, making the suit faster than almost any combat fighter in current production. The next addition was the 'super-thruster' on it's back. When the 'Super-Cruiser' mode is activated, the booster activates and propels the suit into escape velocity. The booster fuel is stored in a two (2) part solution that is inert until mixed. This allows the suit to remain a viable combat unit the booster is needed. This is allows the Corsair II to make trans-atmospheric flights. The Corsair can be deployed from anywhere on the planet, insert into orbit and then return to Earth, almost directly on-top-of the target area. The outer shell and the internal heat-synchs of the Corsair 2.0 have been re-designed to allow it to make re-entry through the Earth's atmosphere. The suit's heat synchs can actually recharge the suits batteries during re-entry. The only draw-back is that the booster is a one-use system and must be re-fueled before it can be used again. The Air Force is currently looking into other systems that would allow true globe-hopping.

Shouldn't she get attractive?
SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Emerald Flame's Builds (Lai Tung, Peacemaker 2, The Reaper)

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Emerald Flame wrote:I was originally thinking of using this character as a sort of "Ghost" character in the Horseman Saga. I started there and slowly it evolved into the Reaper. I like him more as a psychopathic killer than a "Ghost" espionage character.

If somebody would like to write something with the Reaper they have my permission. I would be interested in seeing what somebody else does with him.... I actually deliberately left his background blank so that it could be written later. I gave him a skill set that points towards his background... possibly medical.... possibly research. Who knows.... The best part.... is that I'm not even sure that he is a he.

Write away....

I may take up that offer. I was looking for someone different to playtest of my new builds against and he has great potential. No promises (because of new extenuating circumstances in my life), but I'll put him in the bullpen!

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Previous

Return to Roll Call