Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

dweller's Depths - Torus Reloaded (Rys, Katar)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: dweller's Depths - New Setting: Shattered World!

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:20 am

That's a cool map, how did you make it?
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:41 am

It's actually randomly generated using fractal mapper at donjon, and then with transparent shapes layered over it in Microsoft Word. Then I screen-captured the whole thing and turned it back into the jpeg. Not too difficult.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
"If I have to give up a kidney I'll be okay because I'll still have Mutants and Masterminds."
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am

Name: Sagon - Quiata Destroyer General (War of the Spirits)
Height: 10’3”
Weight: 740lbs
Affiliations: Quiata People, The Rook Ascendant, Odri Kind
Description: A particularly large Quiata and far more cunning than the average warmonger, Sagon is a powerful warrior and a merciless taskmaster.

Background: Quiata appeared gradually over the last three-thousand years, gradually becoming more and more numerous. Now they number many, and their personal powers grow with every year due to their connection with the Odri World.

Power Level: 9 (150pp)

Ability Scores (76pp)
Strength: 7 Stamina: 6 Agility: 6 Dexterity: 0 Fighting: 7 Intellect: 5 Awareness: 3 Presence: 4

Defenses (7pp)
Dodge: 7 Parry: 7 Fortitude: 8 Toughness: 11/9 (Flatfooted) Will: 7

Skills/Ranks/Bonus (8pp)
Perception 4/+7, Intimidation 4/+8, Athletics 4/+11, Expertise (Tactics) 4/+9

Advantages (11pp)
Teamwork, Equipment 1, Takedown, All-out Attack, Fearless, Close Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Leadership, Luck 2

EQUIPMENT
Massive Sword (Damage +3, Strength-based, Improved Critical)

Powers (38pp)

Spirit Warrior Power Suite (24pp)
Damage Aura +6 - Odri Aura

Quiata Physiology Power Suite (14pp)
Protection 3 - Carapace
Senses 4 (Lowlight Vision, Pierces Illusion, Dimensional, Flaw: Vulnerability) - Spinal Eye
Speed 1
Leaping 2
Regeneration 5
Features 1 (Concealed Compartment) - Hold Fast Stomach

Meta-Notes: A somewhat more vicious and powerful Quiata, Sagon is rarely encountered alone, frequently surrounded by his Warmongers or at the head of the Rook Ascendant’s Armies.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
"If I have to give up a kidney I'll be okay because I'll still have Mutants and Masterminds."
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Re: dweller's Depths - Shattered World, New War of the Spirits

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 am

Name: Lagrahi Guard (Minion/Archetype) (War of the Spirits)
Affiliations: The Rook Ascendant, Kingdoms of Lagrahi
Description: These beasts of the physical world serve with the forces of Odri due to their lack of traditional spirit powers. They are heavyset, usually weighing 500lbs or more, and are even larger and more ferocious than Quiata. Lagrahi Guards are formed from the lower classes, and lack the incredible adrenaline levels of their maddened rulers. They are still incredibly tough, and wielding their spears in formation, can be quite dangerous. They are also far faster than they look.

Power Level: 8 (105pp)

Ability Scores (28pp)
Strength 2/6 Stamina 2/6 Agility 4 Dexterity 0 Fighting 6 Intellect -1 Awareness -1 Presence 2

Defenses (10pp)
Dodge 4 Parry 6 Fortitude 8 Toughness 10 Will 3

Skills/Ranks/Bonus (8pp)
Perceptions 4/+3, Insight 6/+5, Intimidation 4/+8, Stealth 2/+6

Advantages (5pp)
Power Attack, Teamwork, Equipment, Improved Initiative, Interpose

Equipment (5ep)
Spear (Damage +4, Improved Reach, Strength-based) - 5ep

Powers (54pp)

Lagrahi Physiology Power Suite (54pp)
Protection 4 - 4pp
Senses 9 (Darkvision 2, Ultrahearing, Accurate Hearing 4, Acute Hearing 2) - 9pp
Regeneration 10 (Regrow Limbs) - 11pp
Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent) - 9pp
Immortality 19 (Every 2 rounds, Limited: Works only if not damaged again while Dead) - 19pp
Immunity 3 (Aging, Cold Temperatures, Disease) - 3pp

Complications
Hatred - Humans, Kiushi Mystics

Meta-Notes: Big, mean, vicious, and tough as all get-out--The Lagrahi are gonna make annoying mooks for sure, if not a greater challenger than that for the defenders of the Serabin.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:57 am

Name: Lagrahi Ruler (Heroic/Archtype) (War of the Spirits)
Affiliations: Kingdoms of Lagrahi, Rook Ascendant
Description: More vicious than the guards and even stronger, the Lagrahi Rulers are usually followed by at least four guard-soldiers. They tend to lead from the front, to the dismay of their human foes.

Power Level: 9 (150pp)

Ability Scores (72pp)
Strength 3/7 Stamina 3/7 Agility 6 Dexterity 2 Fighting 7 Intellect 0 Awareness 1 Presence 4

Defenses (10pp)
Dodge 6 Parry 7 Fortitude 9 Toughness 11 Will 5

Skills/Ranks/Bonus (9pp)
Perceptions 4/+5, Insight 6/+7, Intimidation 4/+10, Stealth 2/+8, Persuasion 2/+6

Advantages (5pp)
Power Attack, Leadership, Equipment, Improved Initiative, Fearless

Equipment (5ep)
Lagrahi Sword (Damage +4, Improved Critical, Strength-based) - 5ep

Powers (54pp)

Lagrahi Physiology Power Suite (54pp)
Protection 4 - 4pp
Senses 9 (Darkvision 2, Ultrahearing, Accurate Hearing 4, Acute Hearing 2) - 9pp
Regeneration 10 (Regrow Limbs) - 11pp
Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent) - 9pp
Immortality 19 (Every 2 rounds, Limited: Works only if not damaged again while Dead) - 19pp
Immunity 3 (Aging, Cold Temperatures, Disease) - 3pp

Complications
Hatred - Humans, Kiushi Mystics

Meta-Notes: Rulers are individually stronger than most of the defenders of the Serabin. Good thing there aren’t actually very many of them. These generally represent the Kings and Princes of the Lagrahi.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:03 am

So because I have ADHD I'm thinking I'll be putting up an old hobby horse fantasy setting of mine that is just now coming to fruition--A setting I drew stuff for rather than borrowing other people's artwork because my imagination demanded these bizarre and (lets face it) simplistic and not-that-good sketches.

Just a brief primer on this setting,
1. It is based on many of my own weird fantasy races, all blobbed together into one setting.
2. The world itself is a relatively ordinary planet which in the present period is surrounded by lattices in the upper atmosphere which supply light to the world during the daylight hours.
3. Two periods will receive focus. The first is a old period, before the lattices which was ruled by darkness and stars a hero named Avram. The second is the more or less modern period, which is still low-tech and is focused on a family of nobles.
4. The setting has a few archetypes that are nonstandard for fantasy, in fact, quite a few. Just be ready for that.
5. It also has a house rule for power pools of the 5 elements of the setting (Wood, Water, Flesh, Earth, and Moon) which are spent to use certain powers.

Here's the rule:
Total Elements Points = Sum of all ability scores, divide among the 5 elements
New flaw: Limited Uses (Elemental) = Costs a number of specific element points equal to power rank for every round (if sustained) or use (if instantaneous) (-1pp/rank). This can be increased to Power rank x2 for an additional -1pp/rank.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Re: dweller's Depths - Shattered World, New War of the Spiri

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:54 am

Agrivar (11pp)

Powers
Swimming 1 - 1pp
Extra Limbs 2 (2 extra legs) - 2pp
Movement 1 (Wallcrawling) - 2pp
Shrinking 2 (Permanent, Innate) - 3pp
Features 3 (Breathe Underwater, Add +6 total element points (2pp feature)) - 3pp

Ability Tendencies: Lower intellect and awareness, good stamina, agility, and presence.
Notes: Agrivar are also known as Vermin Toads. They were once the most powerful species back in prehistory when they were still able to mature past early adulthood before perishing. Their elemental magical powers are great, regardless. They usually favor water and earth as their magic types, but can use any elements with the magically charged water they store in their tails. It was back in distant history that Agrivar mages attempted to gain immortality for every member of their race and failed, drastically shortening the lifespan of all Agrivar from that point onward. They have never truly come into their own since that time, and are often found as second-class citizens in many societies the world over, as most of them are functionally children and they tend to live only 20 years or a little longer at most.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:54 am

Cariyetti (5pp)

Powers
Features 1 (Two spinal columns and no neck) - 1pp
Elongation 4 (Limited to moving the head and no grapple bonus) - 1pp
Senses 2 (Dark Vision) - 2pp
Speed 2 (Limited: Only while in shadows) - 1pp

Ability Tendencies: Humanlike abilities, but tending toward better stamina.
Notes: Cariyetti are among the most common creatures in this entire world. They are vaguely humanoid, but lack necks, and in fact each have two spinal columns that cap on either side of the place where the head floats. They have an affinity for darkness that comes from the darkness of the old world. They wear elaborate head coverings over their oddly shaped skulls and each have only one eye, thought is a great-eye which assists in depth perception as well as providing darkvision. They live in large cities, and often prefer order to freedom.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:55 am

Dojka (9pp)

Powers
Regeneration 2 (Regrowth, Once per 5 rounds heal 3 wound points or 6 vitality points) - 3pp
Additional Limbs 2 (2 Extra Arms) (OR +2 Ranks of Swimming) - 2pp
Swimming 1 - 1pp
Protection 2 - 2pp
Features 1 (Breathing Underwater) - 1pp

Ability Tendencies: Good strength and stamina, average mental abilities, lower dexterity and agility.
Notes: Dojka are also sometimes referred to as Mire Dwarves or Mire Stouts for their hefty builds and preferred habitats. These swamp-dwelling creatures are capable of growing different limbs from each of the 9 points of specialized geni-flesh on their bodies (pictured: 2 at the roots of the legs, 2 at the roots of the arms, 2 high shoulder growth, 3 genital growths). They are not the most intelligent of the species, but tend to have a strong sense of responsibility if raised among their own people. They are covered in shells except for the points where the geni-flesh emerges. Their mouths, when open, reveal a threshing mouth for devouring small swamp-dwelling creatures while swimming.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:59 am

So yeah, that's the first three races of the new setting. Just a warning: They don't get any less weird.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:16 am

Dresh (15pp)

Powers
Growth 6 (Permanent, Innate) - 13pp
Speed 1 - 1pp
Spines: Features 1 (Feed on Emotional Atmosphere) - 1pp

Ability Tendencies: Good intellect and lower awareness. Eidetic memory is more common among them.
Notes: Dresh are the four-tailed top of the emotional food chain wherever they go. Their ability to feed on emotions is key to their survival, as all emotions positive or negative nourish and strength them to allow their greater size as well as strength and speed. There are two other races similar enough to the Dresh to share the name as Lesser Dresh and Elder Dresh do, but none so similar as to truly compete with their great ferocity and intelligence. True Dresh as they are sometimes known come in two varieties: Cyclopean and two-eyed. Cyclopean Dresh are known as nobles (though their single eye is simply as effective as the common Dreshs’s two). Noble Dresh tend to rule over the common Dresh, but their society is relatively egalitarian despite this caste system, as both types are capable of achieving offices in the Dresh archives that occupy much of the space and energy of their society. Dresh are creatures obsessed with the past and its study.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:18 am

Efraxes (10pp)

Powers
Telekinesis +2 - Animus - 4pp
Flight 2 - 4pp
Features 1 (+3 total element points) - 1pp
Immunity 1 (Starvation) - 1pp

Ability Tendencies: Tend toward higher intellect and awareness and low presence and strength
Notes: The Efraxes are a species recognizable by the stony blocks that sit upon their shoulders in the place of heads. These blocks each have a single eye in its socket and a unique pattern of grooves and marks which assimilate elemental energy from the world around them in place of the Efraxes consuming energy like other races do. In fact, an Efraxes’ biological body is more or less a puppet of the stony mind of the Efraxes that resides within its skull. The feel little pain, and their substantial mental capabilities include the ability to project their spirit as an Animus for defense and attack and even flight. This ability is stronger in many Efraxes than the basic ability listed here. Efraxes live among other species, but most are never truly comfortable except when surrounded by their own kind. Despite this, they see the benefit of cooperating with other creatures and their great intellects make them prized as scholars, magic-users, and scribes.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:19 am

Lesser Dresh (11pp)

Powers
Growth 3 (Permanent, Innate) - 7pp
Speed 1 - 1pp
Spines: Features 1 (Feed on Emotional Atmosphere) - 1pp
Concealment 2 (Visual, Passive) - 2pp

Ability Tendencies: Good intellect and lower awareness. Eidetic memory is more common among them, but not as common as among true Dresh.
Notes: True-breeding hybrids between Gaja (Flesh-magic-using emotion-feeding humans) and the true Dresh. They tend not to be quite as intelligent as Dresh, but are stealthier as well as smaller, capable of concealing themselves from sight with an innate magical hex possessed by every member of the species. Lesser Dresh are often found as slaves to the Thriss who generally see themselves as shepherds of the species as well as their masters to direct and control the powerful but willful Lesser Dresh.
Last edited by dwellerofthedeep on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Martos (13pp)

Powers
Growth 4 (Permanent, Innate) - 9pp
Features (No legs, cannot be tripped) - 1pp
Additional Limbs 2 (2 Additional Hands) - 2pp
Senses 1 (Extended Vision 1) - 1pp

Ability Tendencies: Good presence and intellect and strength, average awareness, lower agility.
Notes: Martos are among the most fearsome of all the races in battle, and are known for their puppet masters as well as warriors. They live in regions similar to the Cariyetti, though when the sun was relit by Avram they quickly expanded their holdings and grew in number. They are powerful in build and have two hands at the end of each arm that act in tandem to wield larger weapons and tools. Their eyes are great and powerful, and their mouths are wide and full of sharp teeth. As species they are united in the worship of their elder deities and usually their pursuit of alchemical and magical advancement of knowledge. They are great rivals of the Dresh who push back against their desire to claim more and more knowledge as well as their fearsome weapons and use of increasingly dangerous magic.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dwellerofthedeep » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Thriss (7pp)

Powers
Senses 1 (Infravision) - 1pp
Immunity 3 (Aging, Hot and Cold Temperatures) - 3pp
Speed 1 - 1pp
Leaping 1 - 1pp
Features 1 (+3 total element points) - 1pp

Ability Tendencies: Good agility, dexterity, presence and awareness, lower stamina and strength.
Notes: Thriss are humanoid with their main distinguishing characteristic their elemental siphons that appear as whiskery hair-like growths on each side of the mouth. Their appearance is deceptive, however, as Thriss are some of the most alien of the species as compared to the more common societies of the world. They are physically immortals, unable to die of old age, and protected from the elements by their innate spiritual blessings. They use magic to control heat and cold, very useful for their desert-dwelling empire. Lesser Dresh are common slaves in their empire, serving as soldiers and servants and sometimes assassins. Thriss can see the Lesser Dresh even when they turn invisible, which allows for this domination. As a culture the Thirss empire is not especially kind or tolerant, but they have relationships with the more diverse nations that are not always hostile.
Character Carnival!
My Blog
dwellerofthedeep
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call