TheSander's Character repository: Gintama characters

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
TheSander
Groupie
Groupie

TheSander's Character repository: Gintama characters

Postby TheSander » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:31 am

I think it's time I start organising my all my sheets and builds, and here is where I'll put them.
Last edited by TheSander on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSander
Groupie
Groupie

Re: TheSander's Character repository

Postby TheSander » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:42 am

"Listen… I don't care what you do somewhere else in the universe, but anywhere within reach of my sword, is my country! Bastards who come in and try and mess with my things…whether it be a general, whether it be space pirates, whether it be a meteorite… I'll destroy them all!"
Sakata Gintoki
Abilities
Strength 8, Stamina 10, Agility 5, Dexterity 4, Fighting 12, Intellect 1, Awareness 7, Presence 3

Equipment
Wooden Sword "Lake Touya" (4 ep), Scooter (10 ep)

Advantages
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Benefit 1 [Deva of the Kabuki District], Benefit 1 [Saviour of Yoshiwara], Connected, Daze 1 [Deeception], Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 1, Diehard, Great Endurance, Inspire 1, Improved Disarm, Prone Fighting, Improved Smash, Leadership, Teamwork, Takedown 2, Startle, Taunt, Extraordinary Effort, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Equipment 3, Instant Up

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 4 (+12), Close Combat: Sword Fighting 2 (+14), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Odd Jobs 6 (+7), Insight 4 (+11), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception (+7), Persuasion 6 (+9), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 2 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +5
Lake Touya +14, Damage 11
Unarmed +12, Damage 8

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 12
Toughness 11 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 13, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 100 + Powers 0 + Advantages 27 + Skills 23 + Defenses 13 = Total 163

Complications
Enemies: Takasugi and his revolutionaries, Kamui and the Harusame Space Pirates, as well as many others.
Loyalty: Gin is extremely loyal and cares a great deal about his friends, which are more like family to him. When they are hurt, he ofter goes into a berserk-like rage

Design Notes
Gintama is one of my favourite anime series of all time. It's capable of great both great comedy, but also good drama, while always keeping a good balance between the two. Gintoki here is the main lead, and one of my favourite shounen heroes of all time.
Gintoki is a great swordsman, strong, fast and unpredictable, being willing to cheat and do anything he needs to in order to win a fight. I also made him much tougher than strong because in the course of the series he takes a huge amount of punishment in pretty much all his fights, and he still kicks ass while severely injured like it's nothing.
Last edited by TheSander on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSander
Groupie
Groupie

Re: TheSander's Character repository: Gintama characters

Postby TheSander » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:06 am

Once a Samurai decides to protect something, he protects it to the very end!
Shimura Shinpachi

Abilities
Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 0

Standard Equipment
Wooden Sword (4 ep)

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Teamwork, Takedown 1, Equipment 1, Defensive Roll 4

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+5), Athletics 7 (+11), Close Combat: Sword Fighting 6 (+10), Deception (+0), Expertise: Kendo 4 (+8), Expertise: Odd Jobs 2 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+0), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+0), Sleight of Hand 4 (+6), Stealth (+1), Vehicles 1 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +1
Wooden Sword +10, Damage 7

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 9
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 4), Fortitude 9, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 0 + Advantages 8 + Skills 19 + Defenses 24 = Total 95

Complications
Resposability: Shinpachi wants to revive his family dojo, and saves whatever little money he gains from his odd jobs for the sake of this goal.
Family: His sister Tae, for whom he cares a great deal (though she also scares him sometimes).

Design Notes
Shinpachi is part of the main trio of protagonists, and is the sideckick/apprentice of Gintoki, as well as being the butt of many,many, many jokes, especially about his glasses.

TheSander
Groupie
Groupie

Postby TheSander » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 am

"I stand on the battlefield to protect what's important to me. And if anyone's to stand in my way, I don't care if it's one of my kind, my brother or anyone else... I'll crush them all!"
Kagura

Abilities
Strength 10, Stamina 9, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 1

Powers
Blood of the Yato:
Leaping 3, Speed 2, Regeneration 4
(9 points)
Yato Umbrella:

(0 points)

Equipment
Yato Umbrella
Machine gun: Ranged Damage 4 [Multiattack]
Alt: Damage 3 [Strenght Based]

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Diehard, Evasion 1, Improved Initiative 1, Instant Up, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Defensive Roll 1, Equipment 3, Animal Empathy

Skills
Acrobatics 10 (+15), Athletics 5 (+15), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+12), Close Combat: Yato Umbrella 2 (+10), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise: Odd Jobs 6 (+6), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation 5 (+6), Perception 2 (+6), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat: Yato Umbrella (machine gun) 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 2 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +9
Unarmed +12, Damage 10
Umbrella (used in melee) +10, Damage 13
Umbrella (using the machine gun) +10, Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10
Toughness 10 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 9, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 84 + Powers 9 + Advantages 11 + Skills 25 + Defenses 13 = Total 142

Complications
Young: For all that ì she likes to act mature, Kagura is still rather naive .
Enemy: Her brother, Kamui.
Weakness: Pronlonged exposure to the sun without her umbrella will cause Kagura to become fatigued, then exhausted, and eventually dying.
Killer Instincts: The blood of the Yato inside her can cause Kagura to go berserk and lose herself in the thrill of the fight.

Design Notes
The third and youngest member of the Yorozuya Odd Jobs, Kagura is a Yato, a race of powerful warriors and mercenaries. She has sort of brother/sister, or even father/daughter relationship with Gintoki, and she considers him and Shinpachi very much her family.
Last edited by TheSander on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSander
Groupie
Groupie

Postby TheSander » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 am

I've been reading Worm, the web serial recently, and I've been thinking about using a few of it's character's in my own game.
Before I start to make my own builds, has anyone already made some? I couldn't find any, but you never know, could be useful for reference.

Return to “Roll Call”