Sidious' Builds: Silver Age FL, Allies of Freedom

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Sidious' Builds: Silver Age FL, Allies of Freedom

Postby Sidious » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:48 am

Well I'm finally going to start 3e builds. Yesterday my 2tb hdd crashed and I lost all my Libraries, My Pics, Music, Movies, and worse of all ALL my M&M stuff. (yes i cried a little :cry: )

So I recovered my M&M library thanks to the store. But the write-ups are gone (over 768 of them, few by some of your standards but huge by mine). So are the profile pics. So I've had to start over and I figured why not try 3e.

As to why Earth 308, well it's half way between Earth 1 (DC main universe) and 616 (Marvel Universe). Since I like a combined setting I figured it was highly appropriate.

I'm going to start with some OCs until I get my footing and can think in 3e terms like I do in 2e.

Please bear with me as this is definitely under construction.

Freedom League 3e:
Arrow
Bowman
Gunner
Human Tank
Halogen
Lady Celtic
Lady Liberty
The Raven
The Scarab
Sea King

Other Comic Builds:
Steve Austin
Bionic Bigfoot
Bionic Woman I
Bionic Woman II
Captain America
Sara Corvus
Hulk 1970's
Red
Talon
Vampirella
Wonder Woman 1970's
Last edited by Sidious on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:50 am, edited 20 times in total.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Builds of Earth 308: Starting

Postby Sidious » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:48 am

Reserved

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Builds of Earth 308: Starting

Postby Sidious » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:49 am

Reserved

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Builds of Earth 308: First new build

Postby Sidious » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 pm

I swear this is one of the least trampy pics I could find. Honest.

Vampirella
Team Affiliation: none
PL: 10 (165pp)

Abilities: Str: 7 Sta: 5 Agl: 5 Dex: 0 Ftg: 4 Int: 0 Awe: 2 Pre: 4

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 6 (+13), Close Attack – natural weapons 2 (+8), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidate 8 (+12), Expertise – arcane lore 8 (+8), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+12), Stealth 8 (+13)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attractive, Close Attack: 4, Fast Grab, Improved Pin, Improved Initiative, Languages: 1 (base: enochian: english, slavic), Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Uncanny Dodge (auditory)

Powers:
Vampiric Form: [29pp]
• Affliction: 2 (vampire bite; Daze/Defenseless/Incapacitated) [2]
• Affliction: 6 (hypnotic gaze; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled; Resisted by Will) [6]
• Immunity: 1 (Aging) [1pp]
• Protection: 4 (Impervious: 4) [8]
• Regeneration: 8 [8]
• Super Senses: 4 (Hearing (extended) [1], Darkvision [2], Scent [1]) [4pp]

Creature of the Night: [21pp]
• Summon Animals 2 (Bats, Rats,or Wolves; Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 2) [17]
AE: Flight: 4 (Flaw: Winged [-1])
AE: Insubstantial: 2 (mist form)
AE: Morph: 2 (animals; Flaw: Limited – nocturnal animals [-1])
AE: Strike: 3 (claws & fangs; Extra: Penetrating [+1])

Offense:
Initiative: +5
Unarmed: +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Natural Weapons: +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Vampiric Bite: +10 (+7 Damage + 2 Affliction; DC: 22 + 17)

Defenses: Dodge: +11 (DC 21) Parry: +11 (DC 21) Toughness: +9 Fortitude: +6 Will: +8

Complications:
• Blood Dependency: Vampi has the innate craving for blood like any vampire. DC: 10+1/day vs Will
• Convoluted History: Vampi’s history is so mixed up even she’s not sure what it is anymore.

Abilities 54 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 50 + Defenses 20 = 165

Notes: Ok so for my first post I figured I'd do a character most avoid on the board. Not sure but I may be getting it a little. I'm still translating everything into 2e at this point but that's to be expected. If anyone sees anything I missed please let me know as it's the only way I'll learn.

Notes: She's either from the planet Drakulon or a special little part of hell, take your pick. What's essential is that she was made to fight the things that go bump in the night. She has most of the powers of a regular vampire but none of their weaknesses.

History: She would later discover that her background on Drakulon was only partially true. She discovered that she was in fact the daughter of Lilith, the first wife of the biblical Adam and the first man according the Christian bible. Lilith was cast out of the Garden of Eden and she subsequently mated with a demon which gave birth to the being known as vampires. After doing this she lived on Drakulon, which was in reality a part of Hell. She later wished to atone for her role in the creation of evil and sought redemption from God which resulted in her giving birth to Vampirella. Vampirella is then sent to Earth to kill all evil vampires.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Builds of Earth 308: First Build - Vampirella

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Way to start with a bang. I forgive you for the fanservice-y begiining to the thread. It's a nice build aaaannnd as a guy, I don't mind a little fanservice. :wink:

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Excellent build. My only improvement, would be to add a limited: to grabs on your vampires bite affliction.
And a nit pick would be to take the claw/bite out of the array. Otherwise nullifying the array, nullifies the claws and bite.

AFoolIsYou
Bystander
Bystander

Postby AFoolIsYou » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:15 am

I swear this is one of the least trampy pics I could find. Honest.

I don't believe you. :D
...I stared into the void, and it gave me a red bull, some candy, Dead or Alive 5 and told me to F@#% off...

"...A Cup of Awesome killed The Event Horizon..."
-Sips, Yogscast.

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:04 am

Josh: I see your point but that was kind of what I was going for with it.

As to the pic.... If I have to spend hours going through scantily clad pictures of beautiful women.. just know I am ready to make that sacrifice for my fellow ATT members. :twisted:

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:15 am

Talon
Hannah Foster
Team Affiliation: none
Pl: 9 (166pp)

Abilities: Str: 5 Sta: NA Agl: 5 Dex: 0 Ftg: 6 Int: 1 Awe: 2 Pre: 2

Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+17), Athletics 4 (+9), Close Attack – unarmed 2 (+12), Expertise - streetwise 6 (+7), Intimidate 8 (+10), Expertise - medicine 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+11), Treatment 6 (+8)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Challenge - vanish, Close Combat: 4, Fearless, Hide in plain sight, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Minion – crow: 3, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown: 2, Uncanny Dodge (hearing)

Powers:
Revenant:
• Immunity: 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30pp]
• Mind Reading: 5 (Extra: Action – move action [+1]; Flaw: Feedback [-1], Limited – emotions only [-1]) [5pp]
• Protection: 5 [5pp]
• Regeneration: 20 [20pp]
• Mind Reading: 7 (Extra: Sensory Link [+1]; Flaw: Limited to sensory link [-1], Limited – crow only [-1]) [7pp]
• Senses: 4 (Post-cognition [4]) [4pp]

Offense:
Initiative: +9
Unarmed: +12 (+5 Damage; DC: 20)

Defense: Dodge: 13 (DC: 23) Parry: 13 (DC: 23) Toughness: 5 Fortitude: NA Will: 6

Complications:
The Crow: The bird is Hannah’s link with the living world and the source of her powers. If the bird is injured she loses access to her powers. If it is killed, she returns to the afterlife.
Spirit of Vengeance: Hannah is driven to seek revenge for the murder of she and her daughter. This drive sometimes overclouds her judgement.

Abilities 32+ Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 71 + Defenses 19 = 150

Notes: Hannah Foster the second Crow from the 190's The Crow: Stairway to Heaven. Like Draven, Hannah has returned from death to put the wrong things right. Unlike Draven however, she constantly struggles between the need for redemption and her lust for vengeance on the men who murdered her and her daughter. Even afterwards, her methods are far more vicious than Draven's
Last edited by Sidious on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Builds of Earth 308: First Build - Vampirella, Talon

Postby Sidious » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:45 am

A future Ex-Mrs. Sidious in some alternate reality I'm sure.

Red: Werewolf Hunter
Virginia Wolfe
Team Affiliation: None
PL: 7 (118pp)

Abilities: Str: 1 Sta: 2 Agl: 3 Dex: 3 Ftg: 6 Int: 2 Awe: 3 Pre: 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 6 (+7), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise - arcane lore 5 (+7), Expertise – civics: 6 (+8), Expertise - popular culture 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Investigate 6 (+8), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+6), Stealth 8 (+11)

Feats: Attractive, Connected, Defensive Roll: 2, Equipment: 5, Favored Foe – werewolves: 2, Fearless, Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative, Luck, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack: 5, Takedown, Taunt

Equipment:
Shotgun: +6 Damage; Slugs; Silvered [15ep]
• Machine Pistol: +3 Damage; Silvered; Autofire [1ep]
• Boomerang: +2 Damage; Silvered [1ep]
• Knife: +1 Damage; Mighty; Thrown; Silvered [1ep]

Offense:

Initiative: +7
Unarmed: +6 (+1 Damage; DC: 16)
Knife: +6 (+2 Damage; DC: 17)
Shotgun: +8 (+6 Damage; DC: 21)
Machine Pistol: +8 (+3 Damage, silver; DC: 18)
Boomerang: +8 (+3 Damage; DC: 18)

Defense: Dodge: 10 (DC: 20) Parry: 10 (DC: 20) Toughness: 4 Fortitude: 7 Will: 7

Complications:
• Federal Agent: Virginia is an FBI agent and sometimes the law can get in the way of her Werewolf hunting activities.
• Family: Red’s Family has been hunting werewolves for generations as such there is lots of bad blood on both sides of the fence.

Abilities 44 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 0 + Defenses 19 = 118

:Notes: Figure I'll finish up this female hat-trick with Felicia Day as Red: Werewolf hunter.

:Notes: Red is fairly under powered but within the threat range for a werewolf if she plays it right. As a fed she's got access to guns and ammo as well as the ability to investigate.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Builds of Earth 308: Vampirella, Talon, Red

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 pm

A Red build. Kudos. I love those "so bad they're good" SyFy movies. Red wasn't too bad, though.

I'm afraid you'll have to fight through a sea of geeks to wed Felicia Day in just about any universe. But keep the faith, because, as we all know...

Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Builds of Earth 308: Vampirella, Talon, Red

Postby Sidious » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:37 am

Austin, Steve
Team Affiliation: Air Force, OSI
PL: 10 (161pp)

Abilities: Str: 9 Sta: 5 Agl: 5 Dex: 5 Ftg: 5 Int: 2 Awe: 5 Pre: 1

Skills: Close Attack – unarmed: 1 (+11), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise – current events 6 (+8), Expertise - survival 7 (+9), Insight 6 (+11), Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 7 (+8), Technology 6 (+8), Vehicles 8 (+13)

Feats: All-out Attack, Benefit – military rank (Colonel): 6, Close Combat: 5, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical – unarmed, Improved Defense, Improved Smash, Instant Up, Power Attack, Ranged Combat: 5, Startle

Powers:
Cyborg Construction:
Bionic Legs: [8pp]
o Leaping: 5 [5]
o Speed: 4 (100 mph) [3]
Sub-dermal Armor: Protection: 5 (Impervious: 7) [12pp]
• Enhanced Senses: Senses: 4 (Sight {extended}; Infravision; Improved Initiative) [4pp]
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength: 1 (25tons; Flaw: Only for lifting [-1]) [1pp]

Offense:
Initiative: +9
Unarmed: +11 (+9 damage; DC: 24)

Defense: Dodge: 10 (DC: 20) Parry: 10 (DC: 20) Toughness: 10 (impervious: 7) Fortitude: 5 Will: 5

Complications:
Extreme Cold: The bionics used in Steve’s construction do not function well in temperatures of -10 or greater.
OSI: Steve is straight military, as such he’s not fond of the spy game. He doesn’t really trust the OSS to do the right thing.

Abilities 74 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 26+ Defenses 10 = 162

:Notes: The Original and only Six Million Dollar Man! Boy when you think about it in terms of todays money that might get him a used bionic organ...maybe. But back in the day $6,000,000 was a lot of money.
I based Steve off of the more recent Bionic Man reboot comic, minus the appearance change stuff. I'm not a fan of cyber disguise kits. So to go with it, in the new book, they replaced both arms and re-enforced his skeleton to provide the super strength. I went with that but kept the originals weakness to cold freezing his bionics. Interesting note, the "nananana" sound in the book is still there but it was feedback from his nuclear batteries in a mic used when he was adjusting to his abilities.
I don't recall Steve ever using a gun in the show but being a military man he had to have some training and with bionic upgrades he should be a far better shot than most people. Hence the Range Combat but no gun.
Last edited by Sidious on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Builds of Earth 308: Talon, Red, Bionic Man

Postby Goldar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:37 am

Yay!! Steve Austin! :D

Thanks for doing a Steve profile, Sidious! I have been waiting forever to see one done!

I really like your profile of Steve, but I do have a few questions:

1) Is the STR of 9 due to Steve having 2 bionic arms?

2) The super-strength enhanced for lifting only, does that make Steve's lifting STR 10? I think at a 10, that would be way more than 12 tons, as would even a STR of 9. I do agree that while Steve's strength was much weaker back in 1973, he has had upgrades throughout the decades which have made him much stronger. The last one we know about (other than in the comics) was about 20 yrs ago.

3) Since Steve was routinely shown as running more than 60 mph on the TV show, shouldn't his speed be higher, like a 4?

4) I think Steve also had ultraviolet and targeting vision. In addition, Steve was even able to see the space aliens moving when they used their TLCs (Time Line Converters), where they moved so fast they were invisible.

Despite the questions, I really love the build and pic!

Any plans for Jaime Sommers?

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Goldar wrote:Yay!! Steve Austin! :D

Thanks for doing a Steve profile, Sidious! I have been waiting forever to see one done!

I really like your profile of Steve, but I do have a few questions:

1) Is the STR of 9 due to Steve having 2 bionic arms?

2) The super-strength enhanced for lifting only, does that make Steve's lifting STR 10? I think at a 10, that would be way more than 12 tons, as would even a STR of 9. I do agree that while Steve's strength was much weaker back in 1973, he has had upgrades throughout the decades which have made him much stronger. The last one we know about (other than in the comics) was about 20 yrs ago.

3) Since Steve was routinely shown as running more than 60 mph on the TV show, shouldn't his speed be higher, like a 4?

4) I think Steve also had ultraviolet and targeting vision. In addition, Steve was even able to see the space aliens moving when they used their TLCs (Time Line Converters), where they moved so fast they were invisible.

Despite the questions, I really love the build and pic!

Any plans for Jaime Sommers?

Yes, in the new comics he has had both removed for balance and structural integrity. He is also MUCH stronger than the previous TV show.

The weight limit is fixed. 25 tons.

I can throw some more speed on him and get him up to highway speed.

I never saw anything other than the telescopic vision but conceivable he could have more enhanced vision.

Yes I want to stat up both Lindsy Wagner and Michelle Ryan. I've already done Katee Sackhoff as Sara Corvus and will be porting over/rebuilding my bionic Bigfoot.

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:40 am

Bionic Big Foot
Team Affiliation: Aliens
PL: 11 (158pp)

Abilities: Str: 10 Sta: 6 Agl: 4 Dex: 3 Ftg: 6 Int: 0 Awe: 6 Pre: 2

Skills: Athletics 5 (+15), Expertise - survival 12 (+12), Intimidation 5 (+8), Insight 6 (+12), Perception 6 (+12), Stealth: 6 (+7), Technology 6 (+6)

Feats: All-out Attack, Benefit – believe to be a myth: 1, Close Combat: 5, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical – unarmed, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
Ancient Hominid: Growth: 3 (+3 Str, +3 Sta; Height:10ft; Defense: -2, Stealth: -3 , Intimidation: +1) [6pp]

Bionic Construction:
Bionic Arms: [2pp]
o Enhanced Strength: 1 (50 tons; Flaw: Only for lifting [-1]) [1]
o Strike: 1 [1]
Bionic Legs: [11pp]
o Leaping: 6 [6]
o Speed: 5 [5]
Internal Modem: Communication: 2 (radio; Flaw: Limited – computers [-1]) [6pp]
Enhanced Senses: Senses: 10 (Hearing {extended} [1], Sight {extended} [2], Infravision [1], Radio [1], Tracking [1], Ultrahearing [1], Ultravision [1], Improved Initiative [1], Uncanny Dodge {auditory} [1]) [10pp]
Sub-dermal Armor: Protection: 5 (Impervious: 7) [12pp]

Offense:
Initiative: +8
Unarmed: +11 (+11 damage; DC: 26)

Defense: Dodge: 9 (DC: 20) Parry: 9 (DC: 20) Toughness: 11 (impervious: 7) Fortitude: 8 Will: 6

Complications:
Alien Cyborg: Bigfoot was modified by aliens who visited Earth in the past and set up a base in the Pacific Northwest
Mergeron: The Nyosynthetics (advanced alien bionics) are powered by this material
Suspended Animation: Bigfoot uses advanced alien technology located in a hidden cave to survive the centuries.
Rage: if his suspended animation is disrupted or his bionics are somehow compromised he may fly into an animalistic rage.
Mute: Bigfoot cannot speak using human languages. He may, however, communicate with computers or people that can pick up radio signals.

Abilities 74 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 41 + Defenses 10 = 158

:Notes: Bionic Bigfoot! Next to the big Chewbacca Star Wars figure I owned as a child (yeah child <.< >.>) one of my prized possessions.

:Notes: Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is an alien cyborg created by a group of aliens visiting earth; he was constructed by the alien Shalon in imitation of a lower form of life from the alien homeworld, using a technology called "Nyosynthetics," an advanced form of Bionics which are powered by Mergeron. He was created to cultivate mystery and fear in a remote part of the Pacific Northwest in order to protect the location and identity of the alien's secret base.

Bigfoot was played by two different actors, well known for their extraordinary height. André the Giant originated the role in the initial two-parter followed by Ted Cassidy in all subsequent appearances.

Return to “Roll Call”