Council of Wyrms: Here be dragons

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Laughingcrow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Council of Wyrms: Here be dragons

Postby Laughingcrow » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 am

As for Nakar'anya:

You seem to have put up her attack as Multiattack Strength 10, which means it's way out of bounds. It should be Str-based Damage 2 (adding str makes that 10) with Multiattack 10. This is likely to add point errors in the build as well.

I think the low saves are because you made calculation errors with them - there is points in saves, plus the bonus on those saves from Sta, Agi and Pre. I think that is also why you have so many points left over in your build. It is:
Fort 2 (+7), Dodge 8 (+1), Parry 3 (+6), Will 5 (+2), Toughness (+4, +6)

Totals:

Parry +9
Dodge +9
Will +7
Fort +9
Toughness +10

I'd be willing to have you mix in your aquatic power into your movement AE. It seems to fit in there.

Can't really put it there, because if you do I cannot swim and breath underwater at the same time. Or, if something blocks my movement, it also prevents me from surviving in water.

I love that you have started adding luck powers. Are you seeing them as the start of your divine calling? Should expertise: religion be higher?

Bahamut has Healing, Protection and Luck as his main spheres of influence; Some dragons become Sacred Warders of Bahamut, capable of being bodyguards, protecting the innocents and twisting destiny. They are opposed to the Unholy Ravagers of Tiamat, who specialize in destruction.

Expertise: Religion could technically be higher, but I don't actually use it for anything. I might at some point make a more priest-spells kind of array, where proper prayer and the like becomes important. As it stands, she knows the tenets of her own faith, but most of her power is granted, not learned.

On the other hand, I'm confused why the morph is in there. Also, please provide an alternate build if you have metamorph.

Gold dragons can polymorph from birth, and I wanted to stay true to that aspect of the Gold Dragon. On your request I didn't add it to the hatchling stats before, but it is a staple of several metallics that they can easily mix and interact with mortal races (which gives them an edge over their traditional antagonists, the chromatics).

In her Human build her reliance on luck heightens and she becomes more of a Monk-Priestess in terms of build - in fact her Luck might be stronger when she needs it more. I will have to flesh it out completely, as I've stated before, in such a way that it is competitive without becoming her mainstay form.

On the aesthetics of builds and use of skye's sheet or hero lab

I find that it isn't important as long as you write it down properly in a way that can be reproduced. I find Hero Lab exports to be completely unreadable monstrosities, especially between versions of the same tool. Ski's sheet is brilliant, but hard to manage once you have a very extensive character.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 am

Spectrum wrote:Bladewind- thanks for your quick reply.

I'll post better follow up notes later today.

I dropped diehard- it's one of those odd bits that stick out at odd angles from the rest of the game. It's only useful for lethal damage, you'll be taking the more M&M traditional super hero knock out kinds of stuff.

On flight- yep, precise handles it better (to me) than the extra adders from teleport with the same effect. You may also want to handle it by improving your acrobatics (aerobatics).

Actually, if I could suggest to wait unti this evening when I get to my computer and put in those last edits that were straggling (Precise Flight, Diehard...) and also because after reading your version I realized I wanted some languages. Want to find points for that !

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:02 am

Spectrum wrote:powers
graceful- cloudwalking- clouds and fog could be considered flight, gave you a price discount on winged flight with precise

Plan to put "Graceful" as an AP of flight, The power will be rank 1 Flight, limited to walking on water based surfaces (Ice, Fog, Clouds, Steam...)

As mentionned in the OOC thread, I have five points available from the Shapeshift. What I wanted to do was Extended Vision, Darkvision and the like (5 pts total) and leave it as set. Essentially, the Shapeshift on Silvaura is more static than someone like Changeling who constantly becomes other animals.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Zarsamithirizx

Postby Evolución » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Zarsamithirizx

Name: Zarsamithirizx Type Black Dragon

Born from Formisalax, queen of the swamps, vermin of the black, bringer of sorrow, and an unknown parent Zarsamithirizx is meant to fulfill her legacy, being one of the chosen dragonlins to serve the Council of Wyrms.
His mother saw the light of the sun when she was a young dragon, she and her own mother had been living on a subterranean burrow for decades, using kobolds to do their biding. Formisalax's mother had hoarded quite a treasure, and such always call the attention of powerful adventurers, heralds from the world of light, seeking the shimmering reflections of gold and jewels, for who can turn their backs on such treasures? Certainly not dragons, and the surface dwellers were no different. The pull of the hoard was ever growing, with each incursion increasing in power, and at the same time, increasing the size of the hoard. Eventually, Formisalax's mother could not defeat a duo of elves, such was their might and mastery. She left, leaving her daughter behind. The young dragon was weaker, but smarter. Using her size as an advantage, she could sneak into tight burrows, and surprise the elves. Slowly, she gained the upper hand, forcing the elves to retreat. The hoard was hers now, but it was a dangerous prize. Queen of the kobolds now at the absence of her mother, Formisalax made the lizard folk move the hoard to a different burrow, where she established her own iron fist rule.
Little time after she lay her egg, Zarsamithirizx, and left it in the care of the council, the two elves assaulted her lair. Now a big dragon, she could not evade them, and her fate was that of her mother. Zarsamithirizx has not only inherited the sneaky and traitorous abilities of his mother, but also the responsibility to reclaim her hoard, and rule as Supreme Wyrm under the Swamp.

Complications:
-Responsibility: reclaim the Hoard
-Enemies: The two elves

Abilities ( 44 pp)
Strength 3 , Stamina 6 , Agility 5 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 4 , Intellect 3 , Awareness 1 , Presence 0 .

Powers ( 54 pp)
- Breath poisonous acid ( Affliction 10 : 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenceless and Stunned 3rd: Paralyzed and incapacitated. Resisted by Fort. Extra condition (+1), Cone area (+1) ) · 30 point/s
- Claws ( Str-Based damage 5 ) · 5 point/s
- Dig burrow ( AP: Burrowing 5 ) · 1 point/s
- Sneak bite attack (AP: Str-Based damage 7 : Accurate 2, Limited (If successfully hid from opponent), Linked (Breath Poisonous acid) ) · 1 point/s
- Winged beast ( Flight 2 : 0 ) · 4 point/s
- Hydrodynamy ( Swimming 4 : 0 ) · 1 point/s
- Black dragon physiology ( Immunity 8 : Acid damage, Disease, Poison, Drowning ) · 8 point/s
- Thin black scales ( Protection 4) · 4 point/s

Advantages ( 12 pp)
Assesment 1 , All out attack 1 , Evasion 2 , Favoured environment Swamps 1 , Hide in plain sight 1 , Power attack 1 , Move by acion 1 , Melee attack 1 , Improved initiative 2 , Prone figthing 1

Skills ( 16 pp)
Acrobatics 6 (+ 11 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 6 (+ 9 ), Expertise( Medicine ) 0 (+ 1 ), Insight 0 (+ 1 ), Treatment 0 (+ 3 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 3 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 6 (+ 7 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 3 ), Stealth 14 (+ 19 ).

Offence
Initiative: 13
Breath poisonous acid + Area Attack for DC: 20 Range: cone area ( )
Sneak bite attack + 10 Attack for DC: 25 Range: Melee ( )
Claws + 5 Attack for DC: 23 Range: Melee ( )

Defence ( 24 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Dodge: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Toughness: Feat/power ( 4 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Fortitude: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Will: Rank ( 9 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Sorry- I'm pretty useless tonight (more so than usual)

Evo- have you given any thought of how Zarsamithirizx's background could be more customized to the setting? Also, you might want to come up with some complications that will come into useful for scenes. I'm a big fan of trying to work complications into play as a source of hero points.

Thanks all for your patience.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Updated Glimmerwing's character post with a PL10 version underneath. Please review.

Chimeri
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Chimeri » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:20 am

Turahl:

Presence: Well...I would probably add Presence or Persuade, if I could afford it. I’ve given it serious thought, along with giving him a better Int, but ultimately decided against taking it now – Tur may have a big mouth in battle and be quite brash, but he’s not prone to much thinking yet...nor is he very persuasive. This will be changing as he grows older, and starts to realise there’s a greater game out there.
Still, he does have a fair bit of cheerleadership going (heh). I’ll have another good think, Presence in particular seems appropriate, as do some leadership advantages. It’ll probably require a bit of a rebuild, though. I’ll keep you tuned.

Edit: If I scrape points, I can free up to 3:

• Remove Thunder and Lightning, turning it into a power stunt (1 point)
• Remove Morph (1 point)
• Replace Darkvision with Infravision (2 points > 1 point)

That’d be enough for Presence 1, or 6 points worth of assorted skills.

I do have a suggestion that is a bit gimmicky, but might be a good catch-all solution; put Enhanced Trait: Presence as an alternate effect on Air Strike. Some Awareness would also fit, in case the Presence gained is on the high side; I’ll take a look at Silvaura’s stats, as I don’t want to outplay her in the social department. This would make Tur a rather inspiring fellow, unless he’s focussing really hard on not hitting the wrong people...in which case he’ll be gruff, to the point, and even snarky (and in case of Awareness, somewhat oblivious). Is this an option?

Powers: Which ones were tricky? I’ll be happy to explain any of them, most are fairly straightforward...but I see there are a few which Hero Lab didn’t like. I’ll add notes to the sheet, seems like a good idea in general, as well as a cost per rank and descriptors.
In general, I think I'll make a list of 'favoured' power stunts, and add a them to the sheet for easy overview.

Movement: Admittedly, Morph’s over there primarily due to points – though I figured that at least, it made some sense, as Tur’s elf form can’t fly or run on all fours (without looking like an idiot, anyway). I would have placed it as an alternate of Growth, if that ability hadn’t been Permanent. I’m not entirely sure if I should include it at this stage – Bronzes get it at Young age (unlike the gold and silver, who get it at birth), and have been thinking of chucking on Unreliable (50% chance of failure) to represent that. I can also leave it out for now...I don’t think we’ll be using our humanoid forms all that much. What are your thoughts on it?

Size: I tried to stick to the given D&D sizes. Bronzes aren’t very big, being a medium-sized dragon at the age we’re currently...so I’m actually already on the large size for the dragon type. I’m fine with being on the small size within the group as well.

Attack array: I’ve been thinking of turning Thunder and Lightning into a power stunt specifically, yes, and moving Fog Cloud over to the weather array once that has enough points in it. It seems to fit better there, and the idea that Tur can currently make a storm and a peasoup fog at the same time seems a little strange to me. Fog Cloud costs a static 12 points: Cloud Area (1 per rank), Attack (0 per rank), All Visual Senses (requires 4 ranks), Concealment (2 per rank). I could drop it to One Visual Sense (requires 2 ranks), which would let it affect only base sight – it would cost 6 points then, and could go into the weather array.
I’ve also been playing with the idea of including Enhanced Trait: Wind and Waves in the attack array, to allow Tur to increase his ranks of weather control if he doesn’t attack – representing focussing really hard on manipulating the atmosphere around him. This would let him increase the area of the Environment effect by 4 ranks (20 points worth of Enhanced Trait; Wind and Waves costs 5 points per rank), but would not change the amount of different Environment effects he can use. I could also leave this as a power stunt, as I don’t think it’ll come up often.

Edit: After giving it some thought, I'll leave this as a power stunt; it has the right vibe for it.

Bronze dragon traits: Yep, I’m aware of that, it was a conscious choice. The one that gives Immunity to all lightning effects is 10 ranks, and I’m just a tiny bit stretched for points.

Wind and Waves: That’s the correct one, yep. I’ll be able to use 4 points worth of Environment effects at a time, mixed and matched. Air Strike will give me the second Selective if I spend a move action – essentially concentrating to ‘aim’ the power.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:09 pm

flynarrel-

First, let me apologize for taking so long to follow up on this.

Second, let me share the tile of the musical madness you just inspired you've inspired.. Glitterwing, pretty fly for a small guy.. to the tune of Pretty Fly for a White Guy/ Rabbi

I've been giving too much thought to your grease effect and it has me a little stumped. it's a aoe, which in M&M terms it comes as a sphere resting on the ground. However, the way that I picture it, and the way that we've been playing it is that it follows the ground and only affects the weapons of bad guys. It doesn't for example, interfere with your flying friends. Is this a selective modifier or a limited (only follows the ground), or does it end up washing out for no modifer?

I really don't have a good answer on that one.

Chimeri
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Chimeri » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:57 am

Rules-wise, imagine it as a sphere with the tops and bottom shorn off, leaving only a thin middle layer. A slippery film that coats everything resting on a surface, like what would happen if you throw a large bucket of lard at the floor. You'll coat the ground, and any creatures standing there probably get a face full of the stuff, too. Hence the weapon fumbling.

Limited is applied when the effect is about half as useful. Considering the fact that we have many flying PCs, we'll probably also be facing quite a few flying things - the power will have no appreciable effect on them.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:29 am

Evo- thank you for all your patience during the last few days. Can you please review the below statblock and compare to your original concept? I'm trying to make sure that I understand the sheets.

A big point, while the sheet below is currently too high, you may want to take a look at some of the other characters sheets and see how people have done things. I think that you can shave off a few points without loosing any effectiveness.

Zarsamithirizx - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 6, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack, Evasion 2, Favored Environment: Swamps, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative 2, Jack-of-all-trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+7), Stealth 14 (+19)

Powers

Black dragon pyhsology: Immunity 13 (Common Descriptor: Choose Descriptor, Disease, Poison, Suffocation: Drowning)

Breath: poisonous acid: Cone Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Stunned, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Extra Condition)

Claws
. . Claws: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 23)
. . Dig: Burrowing 5 (Speed: 2 miles/hour, 30 feet/round)
. . Sneak bite attack: Damage 7 (DC 22; Accurate 2: +4, Linked: Breath: poisonous acid: Cone Area Affliction 10; Limited: hid from opponent)

Flight
. . Hydrodynamy: Swimming 4 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . Winged beast: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)

Thin black scales: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Noticeable: dragon hide)

Offense
Initiative +13
Breath: poisonous acid: Cone Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Claws: Strength-based Damage 5, +5 (DC 23)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 13)
Sneak bite attack: Damage 7, +9 (DC 22)
Throw, +0 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 18)

Complications
Enemies: The two elves
Responsibility: reclaim the Hoard

Languages
Draconic

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 59 + Advantages 13 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 156

Validation: Hero: Too many PP spent (156, max 150)

Wow, completely a nasty ambusher- I like.

Please take a look at your complications. I like to use them in play to have an excuse to provide hp based on playing your character in really cool or detrimental ways. It's also in the proper mood to work out ways that you interacted with the other members of the party.

Advantages: I added jack of all trades- I think that you were going for it with some of your skills, but not sure.

Powers- You might want to take a look at some of the character sheets, in particular for growth, flight, protection and your attack array.

Black dragon physiology- please include what degree you want your protections at, acid is common, disease and poison can be either 1 pt or each could be common immunities.

Attacks: I think that you're below caps on all of these.
Breath: poisonous acid: I need to review the overlap on your effects. This can also be rolled up into an attack array- saving you a ton of points
Claws look good, dig looks good. Sneak bite attack may be better as a conditional improved crit

Flight: is it intentionally not winged?

Thin black scales: I added noticeable per convention.

You might also consider some of the movement effects to represent your ability to move around in the swamps.

Thank you again!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:21 am

flynarrel- errr, I hope that I'm reading grease incorrectly. My cost came to 72 pp with all the adjustments. It's difficult making point judgements from there.

Glimmerwing - PL 10

Strength -1, Stamina 4, Agility 8, Dexterity 4, Fighting 0, Intellect -1, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Evasion 2, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Luck 3, Second Chance: AOE Toughness attacks, Set-up, SoH for lockpicking

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+16), Deception 10 (+10), Insight 4 (+8), Perception 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 10 (+14), Technology 4 (+3)

Powers

Fae Tricks
. . Euphoric breath: Cone Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, Entranced, 2nd degree: Disabled, Stunned, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Extra Condition, Insidious, Subtle: subtle; Limited Degree)
. . Fey dragon magic: Illusion 5 (Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 30 cft., DC 15; Precise)
. . Forest's Wrath: Burst Area Concealment Attack 8 (All Aural Senses, All Olfactory Senses, All Visual Senses, DC 18; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, Attack: Parry, Increased Duration: continuous; Fades, Limited: Permanent)
. . Grease
. . . . Affliction: Burst Area Affliction 9 (1st degree: Hindered, Impaired, 2nd degree: Prone, Disabled, DC 19; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Extra Condition, Increased Duration 3: continuous, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Permanent, Limited Degree)
. . . . Move Object: Burst Area Move Object 9 (12 tons; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Range: perception; Limited: Permanent, Limited Direction: only for disarm attempts)
. . Hiding: Concealment 10 (All Senses; Affects Others; Passive)
. . Sleep: Burst Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Insidious, Subtle: subtle)

Movement
. . Doing what a spider can..
. . . . Movement: Movement 3 (Slithering, Wall-crawling 2: full speed, Advantages: Prone Fighting)
. . . . Speed: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
. . Flight of the bumblebee: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round; Aquatic, Precise, Subtle: subtle; Wings)
. . Mage hand: Move Object 1 (100 lbs., DC 16; Damaging, Increased Range: perception, Indirect 2: any point away or fixed point in fixed direction, Precise, Subtle: subtle)
. . Monteback: Teleport 2 (120 feet in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Affects Others, Change Direction, Turnabout)

Scales: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Noticeable: dragon scales)

Those eyes: Senses 2 (Darkvision)

Tiny: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size categories, -1 speed ranks; Innate)

Wings: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Subtle: subtle; Wings)

Offense
Initiative +12
Affliction: Burst Area Affliction 9 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 19)
Euphoric breath: Cone Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Forest's Wrath: Burst Area Concealment Attack 8 (DC Dog 18)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 9)
Mage hand: Move Object 1 (DC 16)
Move Object: Burst Area Move Object 9 (DC 19)
Sleep: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Throw, +4 (DC 14)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 14)

Complications
Attention span
Curious
It's a big world
Possible prejudice

Languages
Draconic

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 12, Fortitude 8, Toughness 7, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 40 + Powers 111 + Advantages 11 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 205

Validation: Hero: Too many PP spent (205, max 150)

Abilities and skills look good. I'd prefer to see more growth in skills, but that's a matter of preference.

Saves; 1 pt under on parry/toughness

Advantages: Please describe the second chance more precisely, right now it's way too general, especially with all the aeos flying around.

Powers- aaaaack!
Fae tricks- please see my note on grease- hopefully I'm reading your notation incorrectly. I am a little uncomfortable with having so many aoe effects.. and so many effects in the array. Are any of these better as power stunts? There's lots here to digest and consider.

Movement- I like the concepts there. Right now I'm leaving out the autoteleport. Maybe if you can put more constraints on it, I'd be happier to allow it?

Did some cross referencing, and you're at -1 ground speed rank because of size.

Otherwise, things look good and I curious to see your next draft. Thank you!
Last edited by Spectrum on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:56 am

Done from a fresh sheet. Much better.

Ionracha - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 7, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 12, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Artificer, Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Engineering, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Governance, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Skill Mastery: Investigation, Skill Mastery: Technology, Skill Mastery: Treatment, Ultimate Effort: Fort, Ultimate Effort: Will

Skills
Close Combat: Draconic attack array 10 (+10), Expertise: Magic 8 (+20), Technology 8 (+20)- does not include growth bonus to intimidation

Powers
Comprehend: Comprehend 3 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All)

Draconic attack array
. . Acid spray: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone)
. . Claw/claw/bite: Strength-based Damage 8 (DC 25; Multiattack [2 extra ranks])
. . Toxic fumes: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Extra Condition; Limited Degree)

Draconic movement
. . Quadruped: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Limited: No hands)
. . Wings: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Wings)

No sleep: Immunity 1 (Sleep)

Poison and disease Immunity: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Poison and disease)

Protection: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Noticeable: dragon hide)

Quickness: Quickness 10 (Perform routine tasks in -10 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Init based checks)

Size: Growth 4 (+4 STR, +4 STA, +2 Intimidate (does not apply), -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size category)

Offense
Initiative +0
Acid spray: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Claw/claw/bite: Strength-based Damage 8, +10 (DC 25)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Toxic fumes: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 17)

Languages
Draconic

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 7, Toughness 13, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 61 + Advantages 20 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 31 = 151- 1 (growth levels do not apply to intimidate)

I think that the only point discrepancy is that I found was you sold back the bonus to intimidation from growth. Otherwise, looks good there.

I folded together the expertise: governance and economics. Both are so limited, I'm calling them the same.

Thank you.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 am

Comparative lists (may need to be updated):

Growth
-8 (1 ft) Glimmerwing
0 (6 ft) Zarsamithirizx
1 (8 ft)
2 (10 ft)Turahl’siil
3 (12 ft) Nakar'anya
4 (15 ft) Silvaura, Ionracha

Flight
0 (2mph)
1 (4 mph)
2 (8 mph) Nakar'anya, Zarsamithirizx
3 (16 mph) Ionracha
4 (30 mph) Silvaura
5 (60 mph) Turahl’siil
6 (120 mph) Glimmerwing
The huge difference may make it hard to fly as a group... or make for some good rp possibility.
Last edited by Spectrum on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:35 am

Bladewind- I've been going back through the calculations. I think that we're down to just a few areas.

What is your intention with the cold and acid immunity again? Cold I now have as environmental and acid is common. +5 more than you have.

I think that somehow we're off on skills. I have 42 ranks, for 21 pp.

This brings you up to a pp total of 157 between those two factors.

I have not reviewed your alt form. I'm ok with the party having alt forms, I just want to make sure that they're all handled consistently.

Thanks!
Last edited by Spectrum on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:45 am

Laughingcrow wrote:As for Nakar'anya:

You seem to have put up her attack as Multiattack Strength 10, which means it's way out of bounds. It should be Str-based Damage 2 (adding str makes that 10) with Multiattack 10. This is likely to add point errors in the build as well.

Adjusted, thank you for pointing that out.

I think the low saves are because you made calculation errors with them - there is points in saves, plus the bonus on those saves from Sta, Agi and Pre. I think that is also why you have so many points left over in your build. It is:
Fort 2 (+7), Dodge 8 (+1), Parry 3 (+6), Will 5 (+2), Toughness (+4, +6)

So many odd ways of writing saves, especially when growth is involved.

Totals:

Parry +9
Dodge +9
Will +7
Fort +9
Toughness +10

I have updated. Note that the totals are still below power caps. parry/dodge & toughness = 19(pl 9.5) will & fort= 16 (pl 8). Hopefully, I'm still reading this incorrectly.

I'd be willing to have you mix in your aquatic power into your movement AE. It seems to fit in there.

Can't really put it there, because if you do I cannot swim and breath underwater at the same time. Or, if something blocks my movement, it also prevents me from surviving in water.

Makes sense now. I was thinking in terms of pulling the wings back and turning into a submarine. It's pretty unlikely that you'll use them at the same time.

I love that you have started adding luck powers. Are you seeing them as the start of your divine calling? Should expertise: religion be higher?

Bahamut has Healing, Protection and Luck as his main spheres of influence; Some dragons become Sacred Warders of Bahamut, capable of being bodyguards, protecting the innocents and twisting destiny. They are opposed to the Unholy Ravagers of Tiamat, who specialize in destruction.

Expertise: Religion could technically be higher, but I don't actually use it for anything. I might at some point make a more priest-spells kind of array, where proper prayer and the like becomes important. As it stands, she knows the tenets of her own faith, but most of her power is granted, not learned.

A place to grow from. Very good.

On the other hand, I'm confused why the morph is in there. Also, please provide an alternate build if you have metamorph.

Gold dragons can polymorph from birth, and I wanted to stay true to that aspect of the Gold Dragon. On your request I didn't add it to the hatchling stats before, but it is a staple of several metallics that they can easily mix and interact with mortal races (which gives them an edge over their traditional antagonists, the chromatics).

I hadn't thought of that aspect before.

In her Human build her reliance on luck heightens and she becomes more of a Monk-Priestess in terms of build - in fact her Luck might be stronger when she needs it more. I will have to flesh it out completely, as I've stated before, in such a way that it is competitive without becoming her mainstay form.

Right now, she's lucky OR she's in human form. Am I misreading?

On the aesthetics of builds and use of skye's sheet or hero lab

I find that it isn't important as long as you write it down properly in a way that can be reproduced. I find Hero Lab exports to be completely unreadable monstrosities, especially between versions of the same tool. Ski's sheet is brilliant, but hard to manage once you have a very extensive character.

With adjustments to saves, it looks like you're at 151 pp.

Return to “Roll Call”