OUBLIETTE (Original 2E Builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Quwah, Glamour, Bottom, Libra

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 am

I doubt that'd be hard to do since Mich seemed very open to the idea when I asked him HH.

Though I might have went a touch too far copying his character posting style, but I wanted Ironside to fit in with the rest of the Oubliette characters.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:27 am

Nah, it was done perfectly. The character seemed right at home here.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:13 am

Horsenhero wrote:I like Ironside. Indeedy I do. Now I may have to petition Michy to let me put Sossus Vlei up here as well (not having a build thread of my own).

Go right ahead.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#302: The Drifter

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:35 pm

THE DRIFTER (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’8” / 126 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Blue
Place of Birth: Albany, New York, Oubliette-138 (August 14, 1996)
First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #13

Physical Description: Varies; when the New Vindicators first encountered the Drifter, she was 18-years-old. Tall, and svelte, the Drifter has long, raven hair that she typically keeps back in a ponytail. Though her wardrobe varies, she is fond of neutral colors and seldom seen without her leather jacket and boots.

Relationships: Charles Lamperouge (father), Tabitha Lamperouge (mother), Jason Lamperouge (older brother), Jack Rexroth (best-friend), Ellen Woolf (best-friend), Harry Percy (ex-boyfriend)

Biography: Little about the Drifter’s life before she obtained the Astrolabe is known. Due to her ability to travel backwards and forwards through time, the New Vindicators’ encounters with her are not chronological to her; indeed, the first time they encountered this version of Elizabeth Lamperouge, she seemed to have already had met them.

Asking for Kas’ help in stopping a war, the Drifter proceeded to bring Jack, Harry, Astrid, and Gaspar to Oubliette-1127—a world where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was saved by a Nephilim who went on to marry the man’s daughter, Princess Sophie. This led to a world where the Great War never took place, imperialism never fell, and the strength of noble house was measured by how many different power sets were bred into the bloodline.

STR 10, DEX 12 (+1), CON 10, INT 15 (+2), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 13 (+1)

SKILLS: Bluff 4 (+5/+9 attractive), Concentration 4 (+6), Diplomacy 4 (+5/+9 attractive), Gather Information 4 (+5), Investigate 4 (+6), Knowledge (art) 8 (+10), Knowledge (history) 13 (+15), Knowledge (popular culture) 8 (+10), Languages 6 (American Sign Language, Arabic, Dalmatian, English [base], Mandarin, Spanish, Vulgar Latin), Notice 4 (+6), Medicine 1 (+3), Search 4 (+6), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+5)

FEATS: Accurate Attack, Attractive 1, Beginner’s Luck, Connected, Defensive Attack, Equipment 5, Improved Block 1, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 1, Master Plan, Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Device 4 (The Astrolabe; hard to lose), Device 1 (Kennel Watch; hard to lose), Device 2 (Messenger Bag of Holding; easy to lose), Quickness 8 (Power Feats: Eidetic Memory; Flaws: One Type [mental tasks, -1])

The Astrolabe: Features 2 (Causality Loop [the actions taken by the Drifter and her companions are predestined, and do not result in the formation of a new alternate timeline], Temporally Inert [changes made to the Drifter’s own timeline do not effect her]), Super-Movement 6 (Dimensional Movement 3 [any dimension], Temporal Movement 3 [any point in time]; Extras: Affects Others [+1], Area [Burst, +1]; Flaws: Uncontrolled [-1])—20 points

Kennel Watch: Features 1 (tells dimension instead of time)—1 point

Messenger Bag of Holding: Dimensional Pocket 20 (Flaws: Limited [items small enough to fit into messenger bag, -1])—10 points

Equipment: binoculars, first-aid kit, flashlight, handcuffs, leather jacket, library, multi-tool, pepper spray, wardrobe—2 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +4, Grapple +4, Damage +0, Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -0, Initiative +5

SAVES: Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Reflex +3, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS: Reputation (Evil Lamperouges), Secret (Harry)

Abilities 13 + Skills 18 (72 ranks) + Feats 17 + Powers 31 + Combat 16 + Saves 10 = 105 points

Michuru81 wrote:Due to the Drifter’s ability to travel through time, she has had encounters with the New Vindicators that have yet to occur. During her adventures with them, she has let slip pieces of information that allow one to frame a timeline for her:

• -1 year: Elizabeth Lamperouge obtains the Astrolabe and becomes the Drifter.
  • ?: The Drifter arrives in Oubliette-137 seeking Kas’ help in starting a war.
  • ?: The Drifter attends the wedding of Juozas and Kas.
  • ?: The Drifter fights alongside Roselyn Arnett-Rexroth, daughter of Jack and Kirstie.
  • ?: The Drifter begins a relationship with Oubliette-137’s Blue Knight.
  • ?: The Drifter sleeps with the Blue Knight of another dimension.
  • ?: During a battle against Lady Raptor, the Drifter confesses her affair to Oubliette-137’s Blue Knight.
  • 0: The New Vindicators first make contact with the Drifter; Astrid, Gaspar, Harry, Jack and Kas are taken to Oubliette-1127.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Drifter

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Nice Drifter build. I was amused to see that it appears like my either/or character is eventually planned to choose "or". I'll keep that in mind, though he'll pursue the "either's" that fall into his "type" (lithe/athletic).

Still, that's a nifty bag that girl's got.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Drifter

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Nice Drifter build. I was amused to see that it appears like my either/or character is eventually planned to choose "or". I'll keep that in mind, though he'll pursue the "either's" that fall into his "type" (lithe/athletic).

Still, that's a nifty bag that girl's got.

That's my bad: it's meant to be another world's Juozas and Kas.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#303: Zbura

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:24 pm

ZBURA (Power Level 1)

Height / Weight: 4’8” / 92 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Green
Place of Birth: Băile Tuşnad, Romania (April 1, 1995)
First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #13 (mentioned), #14 (full)

Physical Description: Lydia is short and skinny, with shoulder-length brown hair, a freckle-speckled face, and a strong jaw. Before her powers manifested, she wore simple blouses and skirts. Fearing that she could drift up at a moment’s notice, she began wearing tights under her skirt.

Relationships: Razvan Amânar (father), Doina Amânar (mother), Alina Amânar (older sister; deceased), Madeline Amânar (older sister; deceased), Stela Amânar (younger sister), Monica Amânar (younger sister), Lumința Amânar (younger sister)

Biography: Lydia always knew that she may one day manifest the same Neo-Sapien power her mother and sister possessed. She just never imagined that when her powers manifested, she wouldn’t be able to control them.

The victim of a villain the Vindicators christened “Voleur”, Lydia’s power of wingless-flight manifested the moment the Frenchman brushed against her. Voleur’s power allowed him to locate and find Neo-Sapiens, cause their powers to go haywire, and use their powers for however long they could not control them. Lydia manifested her ability to fly, and immediately began floating skyward.

It was only with the arrival of Quintessence and four New Vindicators—Fluxx, Impasse, Sprite, and Ursa—that she was saved from drifting into the heavens. Though still unable to control them, the presence of her powers made her a candidate for enrollment in the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

STR 10, DEX 11, CON 10, INT 11, WIS 11, CHA 10

SKILLS: Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 2 (+5), Language 0 (Romanian [base])

FEATS: Equipment 2

POWERS: Flight 8 (2,500 MPH), Immunity 9 (life support; Drawbacks: Power Loss [grounded, -1 point])

Equipment: comm link, GPS tracker, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat]); 4 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -0, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Reflex +6, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS: Enemy (Voleur), Prejudice (Neo-Sapien), Quirk (Victim of Voleur), Rivalry (Parabola)

Abilities 3 + Skills 1 (4 ranks) + Feats 2 + Powers 24 + Combat 0 + Saves 10 = 40 points

Michuru81 wrote:Here's to hoping this one isn't premature, as McGuffin and flynnarrel still have time to find a way to make sure Lydia doesn't come with them to Vienna. In any case, here's Lydia. There's nothing in the build to reflect what Voleur's done, but it'll be a part of her as she adapts to life at the NVAE.

As she stands, there's nothing to her. She's a bystander who just found out she has powers. With some time, she'll probably start to get some combat bonuses, abilities, some favored environment... But for now, she's just a girl who flies.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Drifter, Zbura

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Zbura is pretty cool too, for a 14 year old girl. I'm really anxious for the current chapters to come to a climax, because the villains have got me pretty fascinated, expecially Voleur. So far no one's been able to resist his power, which makes him pretty frightening.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:21 am

Horsenhero wrote:Zbura is pretty cool too, for a 14 year old girl. I'm really anxious for the current chapters to come to a climax, because the villains have got me pretty fascinated, expecially Voleur. So far no one's been able to resist his power, which makes him pretty frightening.

I've told one of my tabletop players about the plans I have for the PBP group, and the decision that will one day have to be made where Voleur is concerned. He assures me that there is no decision--the guy must be put down. I'm hoping it's not so black and white, and that the group will actually struggle with what to do, when Voleur's agenda comes out in the open.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#304: Poser

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:28 am

POSER (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 4’10” / 98 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Blue
Place of Birth: Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria (October 4, 1993)
First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #14

Physical Description: Lena is a petite girl with short, wavy hair. Her face is dotted with freckles. She tends to favor simple clothes: jeans, T-shirts, flannel shirts. Her New Vindicators uniform is unmodified.

Relationships: Simon Gruber (father), Theresa Gruber (mother), Claudia Gruber (sister)

Biography: Lena never imagined she’d be a candidate for the New Vindicators Academy: neither of her parents were Neo-Sapiens. She had never met a single super-powered being. That changed drastically during her first year of higher education, when she suddenly became the most popular girl in school. Everyone loved Lena: the preppy girls who had picked on her in years past, the jocks she’d crushed on—every social clique embraced her completely, and Lena didn’t question it.

Her older sister, however, began to grow jealous. A call to the United Nations yielded a visit from representatives of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe. While they concluded that Lena was not a Neo-Sapien—thus saving her parents’ marriage—they discerned that Lena was an Esper subconsciously using her powers to make people accept her.

STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 26 (+8)

SKILLS: Languages 1 (English, German [base]), Perform (keyboards) 3 (+11)

FEATS: Equipment 2

POWERS: Enhanced Charisma 16, Mind Control 8 (Power Feats: Mental Link; Extras: Area [Burst, +1], Conscious [+1], Duration [Continuous, +2], Instant Command [+1], No Saving Throw [+2]; Flaws: Limited to One Command [“accept me socially”, -1], Permanent [-1]), Mind Shield 8

Equipment: cell phone, comm link, GPS receiver, laptop, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat]); 2 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -1, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +2, Fortitude +0, Reflex +0, Will +5 (+13 vs. mental)

Abilities 0 + Skills 1 (4 ranks) + Feats 2 + Powers 80 + Combat 0 + Saves 4 = 88 points

Michuru81 wrote:Lena is another of the quirky powers that populate the NVAE: she has an odd ability that will likely never be used to save the world, thus allowing the PCs to be the ones to save the day.

The main notes I have are on her background: first, the idea that Espers should ruin marriages. Think about it for a second: if the public is only aware of Neo-Sapiens, and know Neo-Sapiens inherit their powers from their parents, and a kid comes along who has powers, but neither parent has the powers, dad's going to assume that mom wasn't always so loyal. Second, the idea of some random teenager calling the United Nations seems ludicrous, but the public would have to have some way of contacting the school. Without some sort of Cerebro-type deus ex-machina in play, there would need to be a way for the various NVA's to become notified of a new Neo-Sapien. Would this hotline be plagued by a plethora of hoaxes? Sure, but in cases like this, it bears fruit.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:33 am

I could see Lena saving the world. Sure, the methodology is risky and a little manipulative, but I could see a simple sentence like...

"If you really were my friend, you wouldn't blow up the planet."

...and thus the world is saved by a guilt trip. 8)

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#305: Pidgin

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:22 pm

PIDGIN (Power Level 5)

Height / Weight: 5’9” / 154 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Green
Place of Birth: London, England (March 19, 1993)
First Appearance: N/A

Physical Description: Patrick is a muscular young man with short, brown hair and has several piercings ringing his left ear. Normally he is seen wearing a T-shirt, jeans, and boots. His uniform is unmodified.

Relationships: Philip Brown (father), Colleen Brown (mother)

Biography: When Patrick was eleven, his father was arrested for robbery. A year later, Patrick was issued a ASBO for smoking and disorderly conduct. That soon escalated to vandalism, and soon after, criminal damage to private property was added to his repertoire of skills. Being given community service hardly impeded Patrick’s penchant for salacious activity. He soon found himself running with other young offenders.

He and his friends were recruited to join in a heist planned by a gang. Amongst the gang’s members was a Spaniard incapable of understanding English—or tolerating the young boys. When the Spaniard shoved one of Patrick’s friends, a fight looked to be looming on the horizon. Patrick tried to separate them, and in doing so, both parties found they could inexplicably understand each other.

The phenomena led everyone to incorrectly believe Patrick was a Neo-Sapien. Patrick balked at their accusations—refusing to believe he had powers. Fearing the worst, he ran away, only to begin to question his own status as an SPB. After some testing, he realized he did have an ability: so long as he was touching two people, they could perfectly understand each other.

When Patrick brought the existence of his powers to his mother’s attention, she kicked him out of the house. With nowhere left to go, Patrick contacted the New Vindicators Academy, and was enrolled in the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

STR 12 (+1), DEX 10, CON 12 (+1), INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 10

SKILLS: Intimidate 4, Knowledge (streetwise) 4

FEATS: Equipment 2, Startle

POWERS: Comprehend 1 (Languages [Understand]; Power Feats: Progression 1; Extras: Affects Others [+0]; Flaws: Limited [subjects only understand each other, -1]), Mind Shield 8

Equipment: comm link, GPS receiver, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat]); 4 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +2, Grapple +3, Damage +1, Defense +2 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -1, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +3, Fortitude +7, Reflex +2, Will +2 (+10 vs. mental)

COMPLICATIONS: Hatred (his own powers), Quirk (extensive allergies), Wanderlust (loves to travel)

Abilities 4 + Skills 2 (8 ranks) + Feats 3 + Powers 10 + Combat 8 + Saves 10 = 37 points

Michuru81 wrote:For some time, I've been wanting to expand on the NPC cast--fluff the student body, as it were. Recently, I decided to give the players some input on a character: I'd toss out a concept, and they could tack on whatever features they wanted (nationality, disabilities, complications, ect.). This is the result of the first round of it: the players gave him allergies, wanderlust, and a hatred for his abilities.

I've been meaning to introduce some bully characters to the mix, and it hit me that this guy might be the best candidate for it. Would a bully be better with powers that would actually let him be a threat to the PCs? Sure, but it's so much more fun to have the bully's only power be letting people understand each other.

Pat hasn't appeared in the game yet, but now, I'm kind of eager to sneak him into it...

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE 2E: Poser, Pidgin

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Mind Shield 8? I'm suspicious ;}

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Shock wrote:Mind Shield 8? I'm suspicious ;}

You should be!

Nah, I tack it onto most Espers to let them better resist each other. Immunity 10 (mental effects) is too boring to me (and creates too many problems).

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:46 pm

He's a witch! ;~)

Return to “Roll Call”