World Wildlife Federation of Justice

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Toren
Super Intelligent Space Monkey

World Wildlife Federation of Justice

Postby Toren » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:12 am

Move over Captain Carrot, Mighty Mouse and TMNT...here comes the World Wildlife Federation of Justice:

http://www.thickets.net/toren/archives/ ... heir-foes/

(sorry, I can't post pics here at the moment)
ostensibly written by Toren "MacBin" Atkinson of The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, freelance illustrator, co-creator of Spaceship Zero the RPG and founder of the Vancouver Gaming Guild.
http://www.thickets.net/toren

Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Omega Girl » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:14 pm

Ouch! The puns... oh god, the puns!

These are GREAT! I love Hypnopotamus and Crackerjackal. Any plans to stat them up (or at least describe their super powers)?

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25 pm

These are hilarious!

I want stats for Shaolin Monkey and Pandroid!
Check out my Character Thread
Join my Create-a-Contest

Toren

Postby Toren » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:33 pm

Many have never been statted up. The few that were were either PCs or NPC villains. Others just fleshed out the world. The campaign idea was for new young heroes to gain enough stature to be invited into the WWFJ, so the actual big league supers were just names and drawings. I put the campaign aside before the players ever got that far. But I might bring it back.

Of the few I have statted up, I actually converted 1st edition M&M to the Spaceship Zero rules (which worked out great, if a little fast and loose) so it wouldn't have much meaning if I did post them here.

I probably have Go-Rilla still in M&M 1st edition format somewhere on my computer, but he's a basic speedster, nothing too fancy, so no real insights there. Really, pick a PL 9 speedster and you've got his powers.

Some of these guys, like Crackerjackal, I really have no idea what their powers are. I just liked the name enough to draw up a character! There is a chance that I might actually do up a comic book, which would definitely change all that!
ostensibly written by Toren "MacBin" Atkinson of The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, freelance illustrator, co-creator of Spaceship Zero the RPG and founder of the Vancouver Gaming Guild.

Artisan
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Artisan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Ah, but the question is: Can Shoalin Monkey defeat ATT's very own Shoalin Beaver?

(dun-dun-dundun-DUN/dun-dun-dundun-DUN)

MORTAL WOM-BAAAT!

(sorry)
Current PL: 8

"Non fui, fui. Non sum, non curo."
'I was not, I was. I am not, I don't care'

Butler of J.U.D.G.E

MLChance
Disciple
Disciple

Postby MLChance » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:51 pm

Very amusing. I'm reminded of a villain in a hero game I ran ages ago: the mystically mighty carnivore Tyrannosaurus Hex!
Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
My MM Builds
Spes Magna Games

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Setothes » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:02 pm

Too freaking awesome!

Pandroid, Dupligator and the Hypnopotamus are my favorites. Oh, the cheese!

In that vein;

Higher Porpoise - a flying telekinetic dolphin. Kinda preachy. Gets cranky when the whole porpoise / dolphin thing is pointed out, again, since he already knows, but feels that this sort of nit-picky speciesm is exactly what's wrong with the world today. And another thing...

Wolfenstein - a shambling bolt-necked 'Frankenstein' monster patched together from a dozen differently colored anthropomorphic wolves. In a Nazi uniform. He's actually a nice guy, if terribly confused by the perpetual mosh-pit going on inside of his skull. He just likes the uniform, and attempts to take it off of him have resulted in violent flashbacks to his assembly.

Pork Chop - a samurai pig with a sharp katana and ornate armor that takes her thirty minutes to don. Also a skilled martial artist, saves her sword for big threats, or finishing blows.

Roast Beef - the standard fiery bovine blaster. (I'm playing a toon by this name in City of Villains, a bunch of my friends having a crazy notion to play a supergroup of cow-themed characters...)

Hoarse - sonic-powered horse.

Go Fish - teleporting carp-man, able to teleport others away as well.

The Dastardly Duo (they prefer *Dashing* Duo, actually)
Lyin' - the kingpin of crime, a master manipulator with subtle mind-control powers, superhuman levels of vanity and a lustrous mane, which he will make sure to point out at least once in any conversation.
Cheata - his number one 'go-to' guy, a sneaky duplicitious illusionist, who runs pretty fast, but is terribly lazy.

Cats of Prey (all anthropomorphic cat-people)
Caterwaul - sonic powers, cat-ears, a flirty tail and fishnet stockings.
Catastrophe - when this black cat crosses your path, the bad luck is guaranteed, as she warps probabilities to favor herself, by stealing them from her foes!
Katmandu - the token male, Katmandu 'can do' just about anything, having a variable pool of points that he can put into 10 ranks of any Skill (making him an instant expert in anything he needs to know) or 10 pts worth of Feats (preferring to pick up Favored Enemy against whomever he's fighting and Favored Environment / Environmental Adaptation for whereever he's fighting). Being in a team with two superpowered cat-girls has forced him into a sort of Jack Tripper role, which he is learning to roll with.

Hellephant - just your standard occult scholar, except for the part about being a demon-possessed hellfire-wielding pachyderm with wings, horns and the stench of sulphur and brimstone...

Killer Bee - this honeybee has had enough and turned to a life of crime as a jet-setting international assassin. And she looks fabulous doing it.

Praying Mantis - this robed Buddhist is a pacifist and a vegetarian. She knows advanced 'soft' martial arts, and will quickly and powerfully throw anyone who mistakes her for helpless all over the place, or immobilize him in a grapple, or even a Chokehold! (She won't strike to cause damage, but she's certainly not gentle with violent attackers!) She can focus her internal energies to perform an assortment of 'chi' attacks, like blinding or nauseating or stunning strikes, or, most importantly, to heal herself or others.

Rockadile - this croc can transform to solid stone.

the Cowl - 'terribly mysterious' anthropomorphic great horned owl, in a magnificent and possibly *alive* mystically-potent greatcloak. It can transport him within it's folds, sweep out to entangle foes, or release great clouds of darkness from within it's murky depths. He acts much like the Sphinx from Mystery Men, speaking in 'proverbs.'

Camelot - dressed in medieval-style armor and wielding a stout blade, this camel adheres to the vows of chivalry, and smites down the unrighteous for his lady's honor.

See no Weevil - this portly and friendly young bug-man can turn invisible. Other than that, and a never say die attitude, and a whole lotta heart, he's pretty much the team hostage...

PigLickJF
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby PigLickJF » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:32 pm

Setothes wrote: Roast Beef - the standard fiery bovine blaster. (I'm playing a toon by this name in City of Villains, a bunch of my friends having a crazy notion to play a supergroup of cow-themed characters...)

Lol, great stuff, but a bit of off-topicness for a sec.

Heh, were any of in CoH beta? I was an early member of the cow-themed supergroup during beta (Insane Cow Posse, I think it was called?). My character was Bovine Intervention, though I didn't play him much.

PigLick

Toren

Postby Toren » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:33 pm

Setothes - nice!

The rules for making up characters for WWFJ was: no fish, no bugs. Basically, (land) mammals and birds and reptiles and amphibians only. But still, some good puns going on there. I like Wolfenstein. Pig Iron from Captain Carrot & His Amazing Zoo Crew fought a frankenstein monster I think named Porcenstein or something like that. I'm diggin' Pork Chop. That's fantastic. There is actually a furry comic named Caterwaul. Too bad because I would have liked to use it. I love Katmandu & Rockadile. I'm stealing them. Actually, one of the players was having trouble deciding whether he should play Flame-n-Go or Camelot (almost identical to what you describe). He chose the former.

Today I worked on Haardvark, Tasmanian Daredevil and the Toad Warrior.

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Setothes » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:40 pm

Yup, Insane Cow Posse. I wasn't a member, but they were unforgettable. Our group of cow-supers don't have a VG established yet, it's an unrelated bit of insanity. I think my favorite VG member is Angus Khan, although someone did steal one of Dr. Archevilles ideas and make a bovine Ice / Ice Controller named Cold Cuts.

Glad ya like 'em Toren. Katmandu is one of my favorites (sort of a Taskmaster power-set, able to temporarily assume any skill-set he needs), along with The Cowl, Praying Mantis and Wolfenstein.

Toren

Postby Toren » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:59 am

Toren wrote:Today I worked on Haardvark, Tasmanian Daredevil and the Toad Warrior.

And they are now up for your viewing enjoyment.

TroyXavier
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TroyXavier » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:34 am

Some cool ideas there and some very funny names.
Club Thirteen is Risen.

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Setothes » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:38 pm

Probably counts as a 'bug,' but I just was reading about the pistol shrimp and flashed back to this thread.

He's a shrimp. With a pistol. He fights crime!

Toren

Postby Toren » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:26 pm

Setothes wrote:Probably counts as a 'bug,' but I just was reading about the pistol shrimp and flashed back to this thread.

He's a shrimp. With a pistol. He fights crime!

That counts as a bug AND fish!
See there's a whole other alternate universe out there!

TrumpetDC
Bystander
Bystander

Postby TrumpetDC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:51 pm

What about...

Freeze it's Cold Duck and her sidekick Chinchilly? (Inspired by Iceman, Ice and Icemaiden, of course. :) )

Can you guess which one is the the Real McCaw? (A parrot with Madrox the Multipleman's powers)

Loosey Goosey (a la Elongated Man)

Picture a big buff cow with sunglasses and a cybernetic hand...
The Ruminator. Say it with a fake German accent.

Return to “Roll Call”