Taliesin's builds: 3E moved to sister thread

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
PsionicFox
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Taliesin's builds: 3E moved to sister thread

Postby PsionicFox » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm

I see. Well that makes much more sense. Since I'm lazy and I use Hero Lab for my builds, I was going off what it told me. And it is of the opinion that Mix-and-Match costs something.

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. I knew I shouldn't have doubted you!

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:36 am

Taliesin wrote:You should check out the sidebar explaining Mix and Match Environments in Ultimate Power. I don't use Herolab, but it seems like it has the rules wrong.

The build in HeroLab is assuming a 5-pp per rank Variable structure. *shrug* Given there are multiple potential costs possible, they picked a value and went with it.

The Ilethryl Knight
Superhero
Superhero

Postby The Ilethryl Knight » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:21 pm

Hmm, what's that I heard? Did something just go bump in the night?

I know, Taliesin has a new thread now. But sometimes I like looking at his old one, and hate having to search back several pages just to find it.

Smurf209
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Smurf209 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Where is his new thread?
In City of Heroes: MarDun

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Postby luketheduke86 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 pm

Smurf209 wrote:Where is his new thread?

Here.
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Taliesin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:24 pm

I would update the link in my sig, but since the forum reduced the allowable sig art size last year, my sig is now considered too large and I'm not allowed to update the link without also reducing my sig to an acceptable size.

MANDERIN
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MANDERIN » Sat May 14, 2011 11:58 am

hello atomic think tank. thought i would start by posting on my favorite supe deadpool. was recently reading a comic and this seems pretty close to a Agent X build i did for my group

MANDERIN
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MANDERIN » Sat May 14, 2011 12:02 pm

im a big wolverine fan, but never new about dakens pheremon control somehow. when does he use it ?

MANDERIN
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MANDERIN » Sat May 14, 2011 12:05 pm

still no warlock :?:

MANDERIN
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MANDERIN » Sat May 14, 2011 12:11 pm

just one X-23 question: why make the claws a container if it's only the one power

MANDERIN
Bystander
Bystander

Re:

Postby MANDERIN » Sat May 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Toj wrote:I went to Marvel.com to look at what they said about Deadpool. Not sure if you went there before your write-up, but I found this part interesting:

Due to the presence of this superhuman healing ability, many of Deadpool's natural physical attributes have been enhanced. Deadpool's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. His natural strength, agility and reflexes have been enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body. Deadpool's agility and reaction time are superior to those of even the finest human athlete.

that's what i thought too. also, why no cancer? he still has that right?is this a different fourth wall than with ambush bug? and is the rest of the core on your list?

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Sat May 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Hey Manderin welcome to the forum. :)

Tal hasn't been doing 2e characters for awhile and focusing on 3e builds instead.

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Taliesin » Sat May 14, 2011 2:50 pm

MANDERIN wrote:just one X-23 question: why make the claws a container if it's only the one power

So it can be activated or deactivated.

MANDERIN wrote:
Toj wrote:I went to Marvel.com to look at what they said about Deadpool. Not sure if you went there before your write-up, but I found this part interesting:

Due to the presence of this superhuman healing ability, many of Deadpool's natural physical attributes have been enhanced. Deadpool's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. His natural strength, agility and reflexes have been enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body. Deadpool's agility and reaction time are superior to those of even the finest human athlete.

that's what i thought too. also, why no cancer? he still has that right?is this a different fourth wall than with ambush bug? and is the rest of the core on your list?

Cancer is mostly a complication and doesn't really need a mechanical representation. As you are a Deadpool fan, I'd assume you're familiar with his tendency to talk to or at the reader. Not sure what you mean by the cited passage--Deadpool's physical abilities have been somewhere between peak human and superhuman, and this is reflected in my build. Reaction time is really just initiative, and at +8 is superhuman by ordinary human standards--even human heroes with no powers in Marvel tend to exceed what is possible by ordinary humans in our world.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and feel free to carry this conversation to my 3E thread (link in sig).

MANDERIN
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MANDERIN » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:04 pm

I think Molly may need to have Groundstrike on Super Strength. She uses it to often to be a power stunt.

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Taliesin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:24 am

MANDERIN wrote:I think Molly may need to have Groundstrike on Super Strength. She uses it to often to be a power stunt.

It's been several years since I built Molly, and I haven't touched these builds in over a year. She may very well have developed it since then and it will show up in my 3E build of Molly.

Return to “Roll Call”