Taliesin's builds: 3E moved to sister thread

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
User avatar
Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Pangaea, Late Mesozoic

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Taliesin, how do you get the format like that, like it is in the book, with the dots and everything? Like this:

Spider-Movement: Leaping 2; Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2); Speed 1 (4 MPH) • 7 points

The rest of it I can understand, but what do you have to do to get those dots at the end?

User avatar
Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 12165
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Between Twin Sala Trees

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Taliesin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Tyrant Lizard King wrote:Taliesin, how do you get the format like that, like it is in the book, with the dots and everything? Like this:

Spider-Movement: Leaping 2; Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2); Speed 1 (4 MPH) • 7 points

The rest of it I can understand, but what do you have to do to get those dots at the end?


I'll never tell! :twisted:

Just kidding. Hold Alt+0149.

And you can indent using the list function.

User avatar
Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Pangaea, Late Mesozoic

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Taliesin wrote:
Tyrant Lizard King wrote:Taliesin, how do you get the format like that, like it is in the book, with the dots and everything? Like this:

Spider-Movement: Leaping 2; Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2); Speed 1 (4 MPH) • 7 points

The rest of it I can understand, but what do you have to do to get those dots at the end?


I'll never tell! :twisted:

Just kidding. Hold Alt+0149.

And you can indent using the list function.


Hm, okay, I can try it. There are two different list functions, so let's see.

    Testing.
    Also, I can't get the Alt+0149 to produce anything.

Also, before I forget... great Spider-Man build! :)

User avatar
Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 12165
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Between Twin Sala Trees

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Taliesin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:26 pm

•Works for me.

Hold down Alt the whole time you type 0149, then let go of Alt.

Also List without list=, just plain list works.

User avatar
Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Pangaea, Late Mesozoic

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Tyrant Lizard King » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Taliesin wrote:•Works for me.

Hold down Alt the whole time you type 0149, then let go of Alt.

Also List without list=, just plain list works.


Can't get it to work. If I hold them all and then let go of Alt, it just repeats 9 or 0, generally. If I hold Alt and hit them in order, and then let go of Alt, same thing happens. Odd.

I might be forced to use the stupid asterisk. :(

But still, I like the build, and thanks for the info.

User avatar
UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4644
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby UnkindMirror » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Nice Spider-Man build. I like it.

Tyrant Lizard King wrote:I might be forced to use the stupid asterisk. :(

You could just copy/paste the thing.

User avatar
Cinder
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Cinder » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:19 pm

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

User avatar
Gothenem
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:55 am
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Gothenem » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:18 pm

Tyrant Lizard King wrote:
Taliesin wrote:•Works for me.

Hold down Alt the whole time you type 0149, then let go of Alt.

Also List without list=, just plain list works.


Can't get it to work. If I hold them all and then let go of Alt, it just repeats 9 or 0, generally. If I hold Alt and hit them in order, and then let go of Alt, same thing happens. Odd.

I might be forced to use the stupid asterisk. :(

But still, I like the build, and thanks for the info.



Umm, he should have mentioned, you have to use the numbers on the numeric keypad, not the ones above all the letters on your keyboard.



Hmmm, a few other ideas: Make sure your keyboard configuration is set to the Standard US keayboard.

User avatar
Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:04 am
Location: The United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Narsil » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Testing on a Standard UK Keyboard layout;
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

User avatar
Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 12165
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Between Twin Sala Trees

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Taliesin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:12 pm

Gothenem wrote:
Tyrant Lizard King wrote:
Taliesin wrote:•Works for me.

Hold down Alt the whole time you type 0149, then let go of Alt.

Also List without list=, just plain list works.


Can't get it to work. If I hold them all and then let go of Alt, it just repeats 9 or 0, generally. If I hold Alt and hit them in order, and then let go of Alt, same thing happens. Odd.

I might be forced to use the stupid asterisk. :(

But still, I like the build, and thanks for the info.



Umm, he should have mentioned, you have to use the numbers on the numeric keypad, not the ones above all the letters on your keyboard.


There are numbers above my keyboard letters? Well, what do you know!

User avatar
DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby DesertGhost » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:12 pm

So, when can we expect the 'Totally Terrific Taliesin Third-edition Thread?' :) (Patiently waiting, of course)

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1976
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:36 pm

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Shadowbourne » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:34 pm

I want to see Nightcrawler...I am very curious as to how to build him.

User avatar
Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 12165
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Between Twin Sala Trees

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby Taliesin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:41 pm

I actually have had no clue as to whether a 3E board is in the works, so I'm a little hesitant to start a new thread. But it would make indexing easier, huh?

In the meantime, enjoy Spidey. I think I need to get things sorted out and probably start a new thread.

User avatar
DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby DesertGhost » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Shadowbourne wrote:I want to see Nightcrawler...I am very curious as to how to build him.


I think he could be extrapolated from Taliesin's 2e build quite easily. Since 3e has no automatic Extended Teleport, the base level of Teleport is Nightcrawler's usual version. Everything else could be converted over near-exactly.

Taliesin wrote:I actually have had no clue as to whether a 3E board is in the works, so I'm a little hesitant to start a new thread. But it would make indexing easier, huh?

In the meantime, enjoy Spidey. I think I need to get things sorted out and probably start a new thread.


Looking forward to it, and I love the Spidey build, very nice synergy between his abilities (although I might have given him Enhanced Traits - including most of his Fighting - to show the power loss bit, but I can see why you didn't).

User avatar
DesertGhost
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: Taliesin's builds: Spider-Man 3E!

Postby DesertGhost » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Taliesin wrote:I actually have had no clue as to whether a 3E board is in the works, so I'm a little hesitant to start a new thread.


After looking at how the boards are structured, I'm inclined to say that there will not be a 3e Roll Call board. If past trends hold true, then the Official Rules and Rules boards (labeled "Second Edition") will be brought down to where the 1e boards are located (with the possible deletion of the latter, depending on moderator decisions). Everything else will probably just see 2e gradually phase out as people post more 3e material.

Makes the most sense, otherwise GR may anger those in the different boards who are trying to finish up 2e discussions/games.

Food for thought. :)


Return to “Roll Call”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests