Taliesin's builds: 3E moved to sister thread

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Taliesin's builds: 3E moved to sister thread

Postby badpenny » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:57 am

In the Ultimate Hawkeye build, there's something about the following Variable structure that I don't understand:

Variable Power 1 (one power of particular descriptor [Autofire on any ranged effect]; Extra: Action [Free; +2]; 6pp)

Wouldn't this be limited to a single rank of the Autofire Extra (and therefore not enough to grant to full Extra)? On page 113 of UP it gives the example of another Variable 1 power with a descriptor for skills and it says you'd be limited by your ranks in the power to a single rank of skill (with the other four points wasted).

Thoughts?

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:53 am

badpenny wrote:In the Ultimate Hawkeye build, there's something about the following Variable structure that I don't understand:

Variable Power 1 (one power of particular descriptor [Autofire on any ranged effect]; Extra: Action [Free; +2]; 6pp)

Wouldn't this be limited to a single rank of the Autofire Extra (and therefore not enough to grant to full Extra)? On page 113 of UP it gives the example of another Variable 1 power with a descriptor for skills and it says you'd be limited by your ranks in the power to a single rank of skill (with the other four points wasted).

Thoughts?

Actually UP was errated somewhere, defining that the traits obtained through Variable Powers aren't limited by the power rank.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Sigh. Yeah, it's here in Steve's answer

:roll:

Optimator
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Optimator » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:50 pm