Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Daleks, Cybermen)

Postby Batgirl III » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Auton
Doctor Who
Power Level 6 (90 pp)

Rose (S.27 E.1) wrote:
Rose: Who are you, then? Who's that lot down there? [The Doctor ignores her] I said, who are they?!
The Doctor: They're made of plastic. Living plastic creatures. They're being controlled by a relay device on the roof. Which would be a great big problem if-- [he pulls a bleeping bomb out of his coat] --I didn't have this. So I'm gonna go upstairs and blow it up. And I might well die in the process. But don't worry about me, no. You go home, go on! Go and have your lovely beans on toast. [suddenly serious] Don't tell anyone about this, 'cos if you do, you'll get them killed. [closes the door, then opens it again] I'm the Doctor, by the way. What's your name?
Rose: Rose.
The Doctor: Nice to meet you, Rose. [holds up the bomb, shaking it slightly while grinning.] Run for your life!

ABILITIES
Strength 5 Stamina - Agility -1 Dexterity -1
Fighting 0 Intellect - Awareness 0 Presence -

POWERS
Metamorphic Android Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [ 30 PP ] Protection 4 [ 4 PP ]
Nestene Consciousness Link Senses 5 (Mental Communication Link [1], Direction Sense [1], Tracking [1]; Visual: Low-Light [1], Radius [1]) [ 5 PP ]
Nestene Consciousness Link Enhanced Skills 10 (See Below; Enhanced Skills are Italized) [ 10 PP ]
Auton Gun Damage 8 (Extras: Ranged; Flaws: Activation [Move]) [ 15 EP ]
Alternate Power: Auton Gas Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Fatigue, Exhausted, Asleep; Extras: Area [Cloud, 15'], Cumulative, Selective; Flaws: Activation [Move]) [ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES

SKILLS
Athletics 1 (+6), Deception 2 (+2), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat [Auton Gun] 4 (+4), Stealth 5 (+4), Technology 3 (+3), Vehicles 5 (+4)

DEFENSE
Dodge (0) Base 1
Parry: (0) Base 0
Fortitude: Immune
Toughness: (4) Base -
Will: Immune

COMPLICATIONS
Vulnerability:

ABILITIES [ -22 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 1 pp ] + SKILLS [ 2 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 0 pp ] + POWERS [ 65 pp ] = 90 PP TOTAL

Background
The Autons were metamorphic android robots, artificial life forms which were essentially life sized plastic dummies animated by the Nestene Consciousness. Though they were not the only creations of the Nestene Consciousness, they were the most common and the most easily identifiable. The typical Auton does not look particularly lifelike, resembling a mannequin, is normally stiff and robotic in its movements. Most Autons appear to be mute, although an Auton "leader" has spoken on rare occasions, they have a distinctly robotic quality to their voice.

Autons conceal deadly weapons within their hands, which could kill or vaporize their targets using psychic energy. These were bolts are powerful enough to temporarily disable a weakened Dalek. Some Autons can also shoot a tranquilizing gas from their hands. Autons are also excellent trackers, able to find other creatures by their brain-wave patterns. Autons may appear solid but have an impressive ability to reshape or mold their limbs when needed (this is best handled as a Power Stunt).

The Nestene Consciousness can also create more sophisticated Autons when needed. These advanced Autons look and act much more human than the basic models, except for a slight sheen to the skin, a flat-sounding voice, and some bizarre personality quirks. The Nestene Consciousness can also make Auton copies of specific individuals, implanted with false memories and actually believe themselves to be the subjects they are duplicating. Such advanced Autons should be created by the GM as one-off characters.

:arrow: The Nestene Consciousness isn't really something that you can give game stats too. The Nestene Consciousness is a telepathic gestalt entity -- a being of pure psychic energy -- somewhat cephalopod-like in appearance when it bother to take a physical form. They're basically a piece of scenery as far as game stats and mechanics are concerned, and essentially a MacGuffin for storytelling purposes. So it's just the Auton mooks that get game stats, they're really the only important bit.

:idea: Yes, I will get to the Weeping Angels eventually. 'Blink' is one of the best episodes of any television show I've ever seen, not just science-fiction tv or Doctor Who, but all of TV. Ever. The characterization, the acting, the creepy monsters, yeah all that... but my inner film snob also goes ape for the cinematography, the framing, the editing... even the sound design. Note that are a several shots where nobody's looking at the angels. So why aren't they attacking? Because YOU -- the television viewer at home -- are looking at them. The Angels can cross the Fourth Wall! Ahem... Fanish glee aside, the Weeping Angels are complex, and as their name conveniently begins with a "W" I have a good excuse to delay their build.

Edit 10/21/12: Working through the list of errors kindly supplied by Psistrike.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Dalek, Cybermen, Autons)

Postby Batgirl III » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Sarah Jane Smith
The Sarah Jane Adventures circa Series 4
Power Level 8 (120 pp)

Invasion of the Bane (Pilot) wrote:I saw amazing things, out there in space. But there is strangeness to be found, wherever you turn. Life on Earth can be an adventure too... you just need to know where to look!

ABILITIES
Strength 0 Stamina 2 Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Fighting 2 Intellect 4 Awareness 3 Presence 5

POWERS
Sonic Lipstick (6 PP Base) (Flaws: Removable [-1 per 5]) [ 5 PP Total ]
Variable 1 (5 PP Allocatable as Equipment) (Flaws: Quirk: "Doesn't Do Wood") [ 6 PP ]

Former Time Traveller Senses 8 (Mental; Postcognition [4], Precognition [4]; Extras: Innate; Flaws: Check Required [Expertise: History; DC 16]) [ 3 PP ]

13 Bannerman Road (and Mr. Smith) (Headquarters) [ 10 EP Total ]
Size: Small (0 EP)
Toughness: 6 (0 EP)
Features: Communications (1 EP), Computer (1 EP), Defense System [Internal Only] (0.5 EP), Dimensional Portal (1 EP), Holding Cells [Nullify; Half Effect] (0.5 EP), Library (1 EP), Living Space (1 EP), Power System (1 EP), Secret (DC +15; 2 EP), Security System (1 EP)

1991 Nissan Figaro (Car) [ 10 EP Total ]

ADVANTAGES
Attractive (1), Contacts, Connected, Equipment (4), Improvised Tools, Jack-of-All-Trades, Leadership, Luck (1), Sidekick [K9] (15), Well-Informed

SKILLS
Deception 5 (+10), Expertise [History] 3 (+7), Expertise [Science] 8 (+12), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 3 (+8), Investigation 8 (+12), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+12), Stealth 2 (+4), Sleight of Hand 2 (+4), Technology 10 (+14)

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 6
Parry: (4) Base 2
Fortitude: (4) Base 2
Toughness: (2) Base -
Will: (8) Base 5

ABILITIES [ 40 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] + SKILLS [ 30 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 27 pp ] + POWERS [ 8 pp ] = 120 PP TOTAL

Background

Opening Narration (Series 3-4) wrote:13 Bannerman Road is where Sarah Jane Smith lives. And it's home to things way beyond your imagination. There's an extraterrestrial supercomputer in the wall, her son -- a genetically-engineered boy genius in the attic, a schoolgirl investigator across the road, and a whole universe of adventure right here on the doorstep.

Sarah Jane Smith was an investigative journalist who traveled with the Doctor in his third and fourth incarnations, one the Doctor's longest serving companions in the Doctor Who programme. She reunited with him in his tenth incarnation and had adventures with him and his immediate successor, the Eleventh Doctor. Sarah Jane met nine of the Doctor's incarnations in total: those already mentioned and the First, Second, Fifth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors. Due to her experiences with the Doctor, she was entrusted with the task of protecting Earth from hostile extraterrestrials and helping peaceful aliens. She shared these adventures with her young companions/surrogate family on her own spin-off, The Sarah Jane Adventures.

It is beyond my abilities as a writer to describe exactly how important Sarah Jane Smith, as a character, is to Doctor Who... and far beyond my abilities and beyond my ego to explain how wonderful Elisabeth Sladen was as an actress. You can hear David Tennant, the Tenth Doctor himself, read his forward to Elisabeth Sladen's autobiography on YouTube. The moving tribute entitled My Sarah Jane from CBBC is also worth watching. Bring kleenex.

:arrow: Okay, now that I've gotten a good cry, let's address mechanics. This may sound like an odd comparison, but to me Sarah Jane is to the Doctor as Nightwing is to the Batman. A former sidekick who grew to be a trusted partner, then an fully independent heroine in her own right. She uses many of the methods, skills, and technologies of the Doctor... but in her own unique way.

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Dalek, Cybermen, Autons)

Postby Woodclaw » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Batgirl III wrote::arrow: Okay, now that I've gotten a good cry, let's address mechanics. This may sound like an odd comparison, but to me Sarah Jane is to the Doctor as Nightwing is to the Batman. A former sidekick who grew to be a trusted partner, then an fully independent heroine in her own right. She uses many of the methods, skills, and technologies of the Doctor... but in her own unique way.

I don't think you can put any better comic-book comparison than this.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Dr Marvel, Buffy, Faith)

Postby Bladewind » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Doctor Marvel: The power of the Gods? No. Schrödinger. Halley. Archimedes. von Zach. Aristotle. Mendeleev. I have reached higher, only because I stand on the shoulders of giants.

Great to see you building again, and being a Cap fan myself I love this take on a Marvel Family Legacy. I'm especially impressed with the scientists in the roles of the gods...

Shazam indeed.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Dr Marvel, Buffy, Faith)

Postby Batgirl III » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Bladewind wrote:
Batgirl III wrote:
Doctor Marvel: The power of the Gods? No. Schrödinger. Halley. Archimedes. von Zach. Aristotle. Mendeleev. I have reached higher, only because I stand on the shoulders of giants.

Great to see you building again, and being a Cap fan myself I love this take on a Marvel Family Legacy. I'm especially impressed with the scientists in the roles of the gods...

Doctor Marvel is my personal "go to" Player Character, although I've yet to get a chance to use her in M&M3e. I should clarify the quote above is not meant to be read as June belittling or talking down to Mary Marvel. A certain element of how I play June is that she idealizes Captain Marvel and the Marvel Family... which I should also note means she doesn't idolize them either.

As will come as a surprise to no one at all, my favorite superhero is Barbara Gordon (Batgirl I). Barbara idealized the Batman and created her costumed identity as an homage to him, but did so independently and without his permission. I play Doctor Marvel as having a similar mindset... She's nominally a Legacy Character but in that sort of unique "self-made man" niche as Steel (John Henry Irons), Batgirl I (Barbara Gordon), or Doc Samson. She's like a first cousin to the Marvel Family, rather than a member.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to dig out the dice bag -- I recently moved -- and have Doctor Marvel punch a Dalek this weekend. :wink:
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Auton, Sarah Jane Smith)

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 am

The Bane
Sarah Jane Adventures circa Series 3
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP)

Enemy of the Bane (S.2 E.11) wrote:Clyde Langer: That's Mrs Wormwood. I thought you said she was an ugly bug eyed squid thing.
Ms. Wormwood: Children. They have no respect.

ABILITIES
Strength (5) Stamina (4) Agility 2 Dexterity 1
Fighting 6 Intellect 2 Awareness 1 Presence 0

POWERS
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision [1]) [ 1 PP ]
Movement Leaping 2 [ 2 PP ] Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling [1]) [ 2 PP ] Speed 2 (30 MPH) [ 2 pp ]
Large Body Growth 4 (Extras: Innate; Flaws: Permanent; +2 Intimidate, -2 Active Defenses) [ 9 PP ] Protection 5 [ 5 PP ]
Cephalpod Musculature Enhanced Skill 7 (Sleight of Hand 4, Stealth 10) [ 7 PP ]
Tentacles Extra Limbs 5 (Extras: Innate) [ 6 PP ]
Telepathy Mind Reading 10 (Flaws: Distracting) [ 10 PP ]
□ Alternate Power: Memory Alteration Affliction 3 (Resist: Will; Entranced, Compelled, Controlled; Extras: Concentration, Ranged, Subtle [1]) [ 1 PP ]

Image Translator ( 6 PP Base) (Flaws: Removable [-1 per 5])
Morph 1 (Single Appearance) (Extras: Metamorph) [ 6 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Skill Mastery [Stealth], Takedown (1)

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Expertise [Chose One] 2 (+4), Perception 6 (+7), Sleight of Hand 4 (+5), Stealth 10 (+12)

DEFENSE
Dodge (4) Base 4
Parry: (4) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 4
Toughness: (8) Base -
Will: (8) Base 7

SKILLS
Vulnerability: The Bane have a physical aversion to cell phone transmissions and even more so to rare superluminal communications technology.
Canibal Culture: When individual Bane failed, they are to be eaten alive. Predation is a major part of their culture.

ABILITIES [ 40 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] + SKILLS [ 5 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 10 pp ] + POWERS [ 50 pp ] = 120 PP TOTAL

Background
The Bane were an alien species who attempted to conquer Earth in secret, only to be thwarted by Sarah Jane Smith on multiple occassions. The Bane children are large, green, vaguely cephalopod-like creatures. They have seven ambulatory tentacles, three on each side and another on their end. They have a large, single eye on their heads and rings of tentacles around their mouths. The pads on the undersides of their seven primary tentacles allowe them to walk across ceilings and floors, and a turtle-like shell on the back provides protection. The Bane have the ability to read minds and modify the memories of humans. The Bane make use of image translator devices to appear as humans and phonic disruptors so for defence in human guise.

:arrow: The Bane are sort of Sarah Jane's equivalent of the Daleks (which I know is a bad analogy as she's faced the Daleks alongside the Doctor, but hear me out). Her enemity with them is deeply personal, they grossly out matcher her and her young companions in terms of raw power, and they despise her for having stopped their plans so easily... You should never provoke Sarah Jane's inner "Mama Bear."

:idea: Shapeshifting aliens invading the Earth via a slow conspiracy has been done a thousand-times in superhero comics and gaming... but imagine how surprised your players will be to learn the "Skrull Ripoffs" are "ugly bug eyed squid things" the size of VW Beetles.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Sarah Jane, The Bane)

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Sontarans
Doctor Who circa Series 4 / Season 30
Power Level 7 ( 75 PP)

The Poison Sky (S.4 E.5) wrote:Sontar-HA! Sontar-HA! Sontar-HA!

ABILITIES
Strength 2 (Lifting 4) Stamina 3 Agility 0 Dexterity 0
Fighting 5 Intellect 0 Awareness 0 Presence 0

POWERS (35 EP Total)
Heavy Worlder Enhanced Strength 2 Extras: Innate; Flaws: Lifting Only) [ 3 PP ] Immunity 1 (High Pressure; Extras: Innate) [ 1 PP ]
Clone Species Immunity 1 (Starvation and Thirst [1])

EQUIPMENT (35 EP Total)
Blaster Rifle (w/ Targeting Scope) Damage 8 (Extras: Ranged, Improved Aim [1]) (17 EP)
Sontaran Armor Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious [3 Ranks]) Immunity 10 (Life Support) (18EP)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment (7), Favored Foe [Soldiers] (1), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Teamwork (1)

SKILLS
Athletics 6 (+8), Expertise [Soldier] 8 (+8), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception 5 (+5), Ranged Combat [Blaster Rifle] 3 (+3), Stealth 2 (+2), Technology 5 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+2)

DEFENSE
Dodge (2) Base 2
Parry: (5) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 5
Toughness: (8) Base -
Will: (3) Base 3

SKILLS
Sontar-HA!: Sontarans have a highly developed sense of honour and adhere to this code; on multiple occasions, the Doctor has used his knowledge of their pride in their species to manipulate them.
Power Loss: A Sontaran loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 2 in a high gravity environment, like that of Sontar.
Vulnerability: A Sontaran absorbs energy via the probic vent on the back of his neck. This vent is also his crucial weakness, as any sudden blow to the vent will stun him. The penetration of a sharp object into the vent could kill him.

ABILITIES [ 20 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 10 pp ] + SKILLS [ 20 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 20 pp ] + POWERS [ 5 pp ] = 75 PP TOTAL

Background
The Sontarans are a extraterrestrial race of humanoids from the British science fiction television series Doctor Who and its spin-off series, The Sarah Jane Adventures.

The Sontarans are a race of humanoids with a stocky build, greenish brown skin, and a distinctive dome-shaped head. In addition, they only have three fingers on each hand and green blood. Due to Sontar's great gravity, the Sontarans had great strength and resilience in lower gravity environments like Earth or Gallifrey. Despite this strength, Sontaran muscles were designed for load bearing rather than leverage.

The Sontarans have an extremely militaristic culture; every aspect of their society is geared toward warfare, and every experience is viewed in terms of its martial relevance. The highest honour a Sontaran can receive is service in the Imperial Sontaran Fleet, to be disallowed soldiering iss the most dishonourable fate for a Sontaran.

:arrow: These stats are for the typical minion-level Sontaran soldier, he needs to be just dangerous enough that he is a serious threat to regular Army soldiers but not quite so dangerous that the elite -- but still mundane human NPC -- forces of U.N.I.T. can't stop them decisevely. Against the sort of "proper superheroes" of the typical M&M3e game, Sontarans aren't much more of a threat that the typical Soldier NPCs... Unless the GM gets creative.

:idea: Sontaran officers and leaders -- the sort that would get a proper name in the tv show -- should be created as fully realized Player Characters, using the above as a jumping off point. Expierenced Sontarans make great villain material.

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (The Bane, Sontarans)

Postby Batgirl III » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:50 am

Vashta Nerada
Doctor Who circa Series 4 / Season 30
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP)

Silence in the Library (S4.E8) wrote:The Doctor: Almost every species in the universe has an irrational fear of the dark. But they're wrong: it's not irrational. It's Vashta Nerada.
Donna: What's Vashta Nerada?
The Doctor: It's what's in the dark. It's what's always in the dark.

ABILITIES
Strength -- Stamina -- Agility 2 Dexterity 1
Fighting 2 Intellect 2 Awareness 2 Presence 0

POWERS
Shadow Blending Concealment 6 (All Visual [4], Olfactory [1], Hearing [1]; Extras: Continuous; Innate; Flaws: Limted [Only in Shadows]; Permanent; Quirk [Not Concealed from Microscopic Vision]) [ 5 PP ]
Shadow Shape Morph 2 (Any shaped shadow roughly equal area to that of adult humanoid; Extras: Innate; Flaws: Quirk [No bonus vs. Microscopic Vision]) [ 10 PP ]
Swarm Attack Damage 12 (Extras: Affects Insubstantial [Half, 1]; Incurable; Penetrating [10]; Subtle [1]) [ 25 PP ]
Microscopic Swarm Flight 1 (E: Subtle); Immunity 32 (Critical Hits [2], Fortitude Effects [30]); Insubstantial 4 (Affected by Sonic; Innate, Permanent); Protection 2; Senses 2 (Darkvision) [ 60 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery [Perception]

SKILLS
Close Combat [Swarm Attack] 2 (+4), Perception 8 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10)

DEFENSE
Dodge (5) Base 3
Parry: (5) Base 3
Toughness: (0) Base -
Will: (5) Base 5

ABILITIES [ -2 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 11 pp ] + SKILLS [ 9 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 2 pp ] + POWERS [ 100 pp ] = 120 PP TOTAL

Background
Vashta Nerada (literally: the shadows that melt the flesh) are microscopic swarm creatures which, when present in a high enough concentration, are totally indistinguishable from shadows, and use this to their advantage in approaching and attacking prey. They are described as the "piranhas of the air", able to strip their victims to the bone in an instant in high enough densities. The Doctor says that almost every planet in the universe has some, including Earth, and claims that they can be seen as the specks of dust visible in unusually bright light. On most planets, however, Vashta Nerada exist in relatively low concentrations, feeding primarily on carrion, with attacks on people being comparatively rare. In the episode "Silence in the Library", an unusually high concentration of Vashta Nerada had completely overrun the 51st century "Library", resulting in the apparent death of everyone inside at the time.

Vashta Nerada normally live in forested areas, and reproduce by means of microscopic spores which can lay dormant in wood pulp. In the episode "Forest of the Dead", this is revealed to be the reason for their unusual prevalence in The Library, as it is made known that the books and The Library itself were constructed of wood from the Vashta Nerada's native forest feeding grounds. Individually, Vashta Nerada are non-sentient, but if a large enough concentration come together, they can form a group mind of human-level intelligence capable of communication.

:idea: I'm not too proud to admidt that the Vashta Nerada are one of only two 'new' Doctor Who monsters to cause nightmares in my family... you see, the (now ex-)spouse was always afraid of the dark as a child and even now prefers to sleep in a well lit room. I prefer it as dark as can be, we "compromised" and I spent the bulk of our marriage sleeping with the bedside lamp dimmed. Not the night that we first watched 'Silence in the Library,' lit up like the Torch of Gondor, we were.

Vashta Nerada Animated Corpse
Power Level 2 (5 PP)

Silence in the Library (S4.E8) wrote:Other Dave: Hey, who turned out the lights?"

ABILITIES
Strength 2 Stamina -- Agility -1 Dexterity -1
Fighting 1 Intellect -- Awareness -1 Presence --

POWERS
Basically Undead [b]Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects [30]); Protection 3; [ 33 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (0) Base 0
Parry: (1) Base 0
Toughness: (3) Base -
Will: Immune
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Vashta Nerada)

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 pm

"You just killed someone I liked. That's not a very safe place to stand."

The Vashta Nerada. Very cool.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Batgirl III's New Character Thread (Vashta Nerada)

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 am

Captain Jack Harkness
Torchwood circa Series 2
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

Everything Changes (S.1 E.1) wrote:Captain Jack Harkness: We don't just catch aliens. We scavenge the stuff they leave behind, find ways of using it, arming the human race for the future. The 21st century's when it all changes, and you gotta be ready.
Gwen Cooper: But who's in charge of you? Is it the government, or what?
Captain Jack Harkness: We're separate from the government, outside the police, beyond the United Nations. Cause if one power got hold of this stuff, they could use it for their own purposes.

ABILITIES
Strength 2 Stamina 2 Agility 3 Dexterity 3
Fighting 5 Intellect 4 Awareness 4 Presence 4

POWERS
A Fixed Point Immortality 13 (15 Minutes to 4 Hours) (Extras: Innate; Partial Flaws: Unreliable [5 Ranks]) [ 22 PP ]
Former Time Traveller Senses 8 (Mental; Postcognition [4], Precognition [4]; Extras: Innate; Flaws: Check Required [Expertise: History; DC 16]) [ 3 PP ]

Time Agent Wrist-Strap (6 PP Base) (Flaws: Removable [-1 per 5]) [ 5 PP Total ]
Variable 1 (5 PP Allocatable as Equipment) (Flaws: Quirk: No Teleportion/Time Travel) [ 6 PP ]

EQUIPMENT (20 EP Total)
Webley Mk. IV, .455 Calibre Revolver Light Pistol Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 75ft range, Small (6 EP)

RAF Greatcoat Protection 1 (1 EP)

"The Hub" (Headquarters) [ 14 EP Total ]
Size: Large (1 EP)
Toughness: 8 (1 EP)
Features: Communications (1 EP), Computer (1 EP), Concealed (DC +20; 3 EP), Defense System [Internal Only] (0.5 EP), Effect [Detect Space-Time Weirdness] (1 EP), Holding Cells [Nullify; Half Effect] (0.5 EP), Infirmary (1 EP), Laboratory (1 EP), Power System (1 EP), Security System (1 EP)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Attractive (2), Benefit [Chipher, Status: Torchwood] (2), Contacts, Equipment (4), Fascinate [Persuasion], Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Well Informed

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+4), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Aliens & Monsters] 10 (+14), Expertise [History] 6 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 2 (+6), Investigation 8 (+12), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+10), Ranged Combat [Pistol] 7 (+10), Sleight of Hand 5 (+8), Stealth 2 (+5)

DEFENSE
Dodge (5) Base 2
Parry: (5) Base 0
Fortitude: (6) Base 4
Toughness: (3) Base -
Will: (8) Base 4

ABILITIES [ 54 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 10 pp ] + SKILLS [ 34 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 21 pp ] + POWERS [ 31 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

Background
Captain Jack Harkness is a fictional character played by John Barrowman in Doctor Who and its spin-off series, Torchwood. He first appeared in the 2005 Doctor Who episode "The Empty Child" and reappeared in the remaining episodes of the 2005 series as a companion of the ninth Doctor. Jack became the central character in the adult-themed Torchwood, and has returned to Doctor Who for various crossovers.

Jack first appearance was as a time traveler and former con man from the 51st century. In contrast to the Doctor, Jack is a man of action, more willing to apply a hands-on solution to a problem. As a consequence of his death and resurrection in the 2005 series finale of Doctor Who, Jack becomes immortal. On Earth, Jack becomes a member of Torchwood, a British organization dedicated to combating alien threats, becoming its leader over a century later. An ambiguous backstory is gradually revealed in the course of both series, adding another layer of complexity to the character. As the principal protagonist of the ongoing Torchwood programme and a fan-favorite who has appeared in virtually every medium short of telegrams, it's difficult to sum up Jack in a few paragraphs. He's awesome, he's ridiculously attractive, and he cannot die.

:arrow: His Defenses and low damage might muddle it, but Captain Jack is probably the most dangerous Companion in the Doctor Who franchise (although a few classic companions, like Leela, Jamie, Ace, and Barbara are in the running). He is very much a man of action, although he tends to mellow around the Doctor.

:arrow: Captain Jack Harkness, like Sarah Jane Smith and the Doctor, ought not be played like your typical M&M3e superhero or even your typical cinematic action/adventure hero. They engage in exactly the same sorts of adventures -- alien invasions, rampaging monsters, master villains with doomsday weapons, etc. -- but they almost never engage the enemy with direct force. They plot, they plan, they scheme, and the fly by the seat of their pants. All three share two "powers" that greatly enhance their ability to pull this stuff off. The first are the Doctor and Sarah Jane's sonic screwdrivers or Jack's wrist-strap, these humble seeming devices are capable of a host of different, if minor, effects. The second is their extensive, knowledge of people, places, and events from across the whole of time and space. They've either expereinced these things first-hand or have a deep pool of second- and third-hand knowledge of events, this is represented by their special Post/Precogniton power. They need to make varying degrees of Expertise checks and the info isn't always 100% spot-on, but they know a little bit about damn near everything that has or will happen.

Utopia (Doctor Who: S.3 E.11) wrote:Captain Jack Harkness: Captain Jack Harkness. And who are you?
Martha Jones: [smiles] Martha Jones.
Captain Jack Harkness: [half smile, half laugh] Nice to meet you Martha Jones.
The Doctor: Oh, don't start!
Captain Jack Harkness: [defensively] I was only saying hello.
Martha Jones: I don't mind.

Captain Jack Harkness: Captain Jack Harkness.
The Doctor: Stop it!
Captain Jack Harkness: Can't I say hello to anyone?
Chantho: Chan-- I do not protest --tho.
Captain Jack Harkness: [winks] Maybe later, blue.

Captain Jack Harkness: [to a refugee] Captain Jack Harkness. And who are you?
The Doctor: Stop it!

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Capt. Jack Harkness)

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:39 am

Black Eve
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

The Books of Magic #1 wrote:Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality. Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore. The two are rarely compatible.

ABILITIES
Strength 0 Stamina 2 Agility 2 Dexterity 3
Fighting 2 Intellect 4 Awareness 4 Presence 3

POWERS
Deep Magicks 3 Variable (Magical Descriptor) (Flaws: Concentration, Fades, Slow) [ 12 PP ]

Dark Sorcery (Array) [ 31 PP Total ]
Affliction 6 (Resist: Dodge; 1: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2: Defenselss and Immobilized; Extras: Area-Cloud, Ranged, Extra Condition, Variable Descriptor [Any Magical (2)]; Flaws:[/b] Limited Degree) [ 24 PP ]
Affliction 7 ([i]Resist:
Fortitude; 1: Dazed, 2: Stunned, 3: Transformed; Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Variable Descriptor [Any Magical (2)]) [ 1 PP ]
Create 7 (Extras: Continuous, Subtle, Variable Descriptor [Any Magical (2)]) [ 1 PP ]
Damage 10 (Extras: Affects Insubstantial (2), Ranged, Variable Descriptor [Any Magical (2)]) [ 1 PP ]
Deflect 10 (Extras: Affects Insubrantial (2), Reflect, Variable Descriptor [Any Magical (2)]) [ 1 PP ]
Nullify 10 (Magical Source) (Extras: Perception, Precise; Variable Descriptor [Any Magical (2)]) [ 1 PP ]
Nullify 10 (Technological Source) (Extras: Perception, Precise; Variable Descriptor [Any Magical (2)]) [ 1 PP ]
Teleport 12 [ 1 PP ]

Mystic Awareness Senses 4 (Mental; Detect Magic, Ranged, Acute, Analytical) [ 4 PP ]
Alternate Power: Technological Awareness Senses 4 (Mental; Detect Technological Source, Ranged, Acute, Analytical) [ 4 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Artificer, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Luck (1), Ritualist, Seize Initiative

SKILLS
Deception 7 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 11 (+15), Expertise [Psychology] 6 (+10), Insight 8 (+12), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+10), Ranged Combat [Magic] 5 (+8), Sleight of Hand 3 (+5)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 8
Parry: (10) Base 8
Fortitude: (10) Base 8
Toughness: (2) Base -
Will: (10) Base 7

ABILITIES [ 40 pp ] + SKILLS [ 23 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 8 pp ] + POWERS [ 48 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 31 pp ] = 138 PP TOTAL

Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Race: Human
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with criminal record.

Background
The primary opponent of Doctor Marvel, is Evelyn Santiago who prefers the self-applied name of Eve, although she has been dubbed Black Eve by the press. No one is quite certain exactly where her power originates, but the evidence seems clear: Evelyn Santiago and her mother, were abused by her father and her older brothers, until one day her father beat her mother badly enough to kill her. She was turned over to the foster system where, tragically, the cycle repeated itself until she turned 18... and the system no longer cared.

At some point in her life, Evelyn turned to prayer to help her get through the pain. When that failed, she turned to darker sources of power. Ultimately, selling her soul to nefarious and unnameable powers of darkness. Much to Doctor Marvel's dismay, Black Eve seems to have grown in power over the years with every new innocent she murders...

Eve is quite insane, but it is a calculating and driven insanity. Eve has been in and out of Arkham multiple times, usually after a run in with Doctor Marvel.

:arrow: I like creating enemies alongside my heroes, and encourage my players to do liekwise; I don't always stat them up, but I find it is a great way to tell the GM what I expect to do during a game. Daredevil has Kingpin, which grounds his stories in the streets. Superman has Luther, which keeps him earthbound, instead of roaming the cosmos. The Batman has the Joker, people have quite literally written thesis on that pairing.

:arrow: Black Eve is meant to serve as a counterbalance and a compliment to Doctor Marvel. The science vs. magic angle is an obvious contrast, but a bit more subtle is their rival hope and inspiration vs. despair and anger motivations. Plus, Doctor Marvel can do multiple combinations of a limitted ranged of powers, Eve can do a near infinite number of single effects.

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby HustlerOne » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:47 am

Wow! You must be a huge fan of Doctor Who. Your doing some great builds of all the iconic characters and races of the show. I didn't care too much for Torchwood (mostly due to the mess known as Miracle Day). Although I will always like Captain Jack.

It's a shame Elisabeth Sladen was never able to finish the final season of the Sarah Jane Adventures. :cry: I
ended up liking that show more than torchwood.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:30 pm

HustlerOne wrote:Wow! You must be a huge fan of Doctor Who. Your doing some great builds of all the iconic characters and races of the show. I didn't care too much for Torchwood (mostly due to the mess known as Miracle Day). Although I will always like Captain Jack.

I've been a fan of the Doctor since the late 1980s. Staying up until odd hours during summer vacation in order to catch rebroadcasts of the Third or Fourth Doctors' serials on the local PBS affiliate... they used it as a "fill in" for gaps in their schedule. So I watched them at the most random times, usually about 1 or 2 am, and almost never got to see them in order... but, man, was I hooked. It often feels weird for me to watch the show before midnight. :wink:

I have considered, but ultimately rejected, creating game stats for some of the more recent Companions or supporting cast. But, truthfully, the way the "Whoniverse" works, most of them just don't warrant anything special statwise under M&M3e terms. Amy Pond, Rory, Donna, Jo Grant; Luke, Rani, Clyde; Owen, Ianto, or Gwen... any of them, really, just don't mesh with the scope and scale of this game. This is the same reason my Buffy builds cover the Slayers and Angel, not the other Scoobies or Angel Investigations staff.

M&M is incredibly flexible, but its "sweet spot" is superheroes, action heroes, and anime. The Doctor and Jack could move in the same circles as the JLA or Avengers, Sarah Jane could hold her own alongside the Titans. Their companions and allies couldn't. If you want a game that features the full cast of these shows -- where the super powered characters are just as important as the brave normal folk -- there are excellent RPGs for Buffy, Angel, and Doctor Who out there.

I'm probably going to move on from the Doctor, for a while, although I do want to get stats for the Weeping Angels finalized.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Jack Harkness, Black Eve)

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm

The Black Widow
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

The Avengers wrote:I've been compromised. I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out.

ABILITIES
Strength 3 Stamina 4 Agility 6 Dexterity 3
Fighting 7 Intellect 3 Awareness 7 Presence 4

EQUIPMENT ( 35 EP Total)
Dual Glock 26 Holdout Pistols Damage 4 (Extras: Ranged, Split [1]) [ 9 EP ]

Utility Belt (Array) (20 EP)
C4 Explosives Damage 5 (Extras: Area-Burst; Ranged) [ 16 EP ]
Flash-Bang Grenades Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Hearing and Vision Impaired, Hearing and Vision Disabled, Hearing and Vision Unaware; Extras: Area-Burst; Extra Condition; Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
Tear Gas Grenades Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed and Vision Impaired, Stunned and Vision Disabled, Incapacitated; Extras: Area-Cloud; Extra Condition; Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
Multi-Tool [ 1 EP ]
Rebreather [ 1 EP ]

Widows Bite Bracers Damage 4 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [4]; F: Grab-Based) Linked: Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned; E: Cumulative F: Grab-Based, Limited Degree) [ 4 + 2 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Attractive (2), Benefit [S.H.I.E.L.D. Security Clearance], Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (7), Evasion, Fast Grab, Fearless, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Critical [Unarmed (1)], Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages [Chinese, English; N: Russian] (2), Ranged Attack (3), Skill Mastery [Acrobatics], Takedown

SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+12), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Espionage] 7 (+10), Intimidation 1 (+5), Insight 1 (+8), Investigation 7 (+10), Perception 1 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Pistol] 6 (+12), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth 6 (+12), Technology 5 (+8), Treatment 2 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 4
Parry: (8) Base 1
Fortitude: (5) Base 1
Toughness: (7/4) Base -
Will: (8) Base 4

ABILITIES [ 74 pp ] + SKILLS [ 34 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 32 pp ] + POWERS [ x pp ] + DEFENSES [ 10 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

Background
Rachael's Rambles wrote:Guys, hey, guys. Do you remember that time that Coulson called Natasha and she ended up forming the Avengers? Remember how she did that by digging up Bruce Banner and introducing Steve to him then was the voice of reason when Tony and Steve were bickering and then how she brought Clint back from being mind controlled so that they can be a team? Remember that? Remember how the Black Widow out smarted a god? Remember that time she kept her shit together when the Hulk attacked her, even though she was really scared? Remember when she knocked an alien off his flying scooter and figured out how to drive it despite it being extrateresstrial tech, then got her ass up to the top of Stark Tower, found Loki’s staff and saved the world from being invaded by turning off the machine?

Remember how she was the central character of the whole freaking movie?

Anyone else remember that? I sure do.

:idea: Yeah, I loved The Avengers as much as -- if not more than -- every other film from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Buuut... I had one teeny-tiny thing bug me. Scarlett Johansson's protrayal of the Black Widow is perfect in everyway, except ScarJo uses a teacup Weaver stance to shoot... which is outdated and weird. She uses the Weaver stance wrong... and she carries a pair of Glock 26's (a subcompact pistol designed for concealment) in tactical drop-thigh holsters. I just want to reach through the screen and be all "Natasha, go get a 6" M1911A1, please? Here, take mine!" Oi vey.

:idea: Anyhow, since the evidence on screen is indisputable, I've given the Black Widow a pair of holdout pistols, she can use Split attack to gun down two mooks or double-up on one enemy. Her best bet is probably just to beat the tar out of badguys with basic hand-to-hand attacks, although her Widow's Bite packs a helluva wallop on anyone who she can grapple with.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Jack Harkness, Black Widow)

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Hawkeye
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

The Avengers Prelude - Fury's Big Week #3 wrote:And the next time you call me in, I'd appreciate the opportunity to shoot something

ABILITIES
Strength 3 Stamina 4 Agility 5 Dexterity 5
Fighting 7 Intellect 0 Awareness 5 Presence 2

POWERS
Eyes of the Hawk Senses 1 (Extended Vision; Extras: Innate) [ 2 PP ]

Master Marksman Variable Power 1 (Extras: Action [Free], Innate; Flaw: Limited One Effect [Add Multi-Attack Extra on any Ranged Attack]) [ 6 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 15 EP Total)
Bow & Trick Arrows (Array) (13 EP)
Standard Arrow Damage 5 (Extras: Ranged) [ 10 EP ]
Tear Gas Arrow Affliction 3 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed and Vision Impaired, Stunned and Vision Disabled, Incapacitated; Extras: Area-Cloud, Extra Condition, Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
Explosive Arrow Damage 3 (Extras: Area-Burst; Ranged; Triggered [Remote Detonator]) [ 1 EP ]
Grapple Arrow Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Swinging) (Flaw: Requires Attack Roll) [ 1 EP ]

Body Armor Protection 2 (2 EP)

S.H.I.E.L.D. Quin-Jet Vehicle (80 EP)
Size: Gargantuan (1 EP)
Strength: 12 (1 EP)
Speed: Flight 12 (F: Distracting 4 Ranks) (20 EP)
Toughness: 11 (0 EP)
Defense: 4 (10 EP)
Features: Navigation System (1)
Powers:
Heavy Machine Gun Damage 6 (E: Multiattack, Ranged; F: Inaccurate [1]) [ 17 EP ]
Missiles Damage 10 (E: Area-Burst [2], Ranged; F: Unreliable [5 Uses]) [ 30 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attractive, Benefit [S.H.I.E.L.D. Security Clearance], Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (19), Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Bow], Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Luck (1), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover and Concealment] (2), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery [Ranged Combat: Bow], Ultimate Effort [Aim]

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 9 (+12), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+6), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+5), Insight 5 (+10), Perception 7 (+12), Ranged Combat [Bow] 8 (+17), Stealth 5 (+10), Technology 5 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+8)

DEFENSE
Dodge (5) Base 0
Parry: (8) Base 1
Fortitude: (6) Base 2
Toughness: (10/6) Base -
Will: (5) Base 0

COMPLICATIONS
Power Loss: Hawkeye's ranged combat superiority is severely restricted by the limited supply of ammunition he can keep with him.

ABILITIES [ 62 pp ] + SKILLS [ 34 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 44 pp ] + POWERS [ 8 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 3 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

:arrow: Hawkeye spent a solid portion of The Avengers as a bad guy, but he was awesome through out. His skills and abilities are well suited to partnership with the Black Widow. Both are highly trainned agents and deadly combatants, but they have strengths and weaknesses that are best complimented by the other.

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call