Seperation of Powers and Setting - Some Questions

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
Squirrelly-sama
Bystander
Bystander

Seperation of Powers and Setting - Some Questions

Postby Squirrelly-sama » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:33 pm

I've recently decided to try building the various Servants from Fate/Stay Night and I ran into a bit of a conundrum. Servants tend to have a set of powers that can be used by any servant that would be pretty expensive point wise to include and do really matter so much in the story.

So what I'm wondering is where exactly would I draw the line in that? Obviously one would spend points on unique powers but what about the other ones like the fact that every servant has been ingrained with a second language by the grail, or that they can turn invisible and insubstantial at will?

It tends not to matter much but their astralizing is a powerful effect? How would I handle this? Would I need to set aside a large chunk of points specifically for that effect? Just completely ignore it's existance, or give it to the characters as a "Free" (in pp costs anyway probably still gonna ask for a HP to use it) power but leave it off the character sheets since it's part of the setting?

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”