Adventure Idea. Not really M&M, per se...

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Adventure Idea. Not really M&M, per se...

Postby BARON » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:51 pm

It's for another RPG, but what the heck? Let's just say it's for M&M. Take this excerpt from the wiki entry on dragons...

"In the early 20th century sculpture of the Norwegian artist Gustav Vigeland, inspired by Medieval art, dragons are a frequent theme—as symbols of sin but also as a nature force, fighting against man."

So I like the idea of a modern take on the dragon theme. Specifically, in this story, dragons will represent the 21st century fear of the opressive state... like Orwell or Julian Assange. I'm not going to get too cerebral with it. It's basically 1984 meets Middle Earth.

Anyway, in this setting, dragons descend upon a quiet kingdom and lay it to waste. They offer mercy at a price; that the kingdom cast away their gods and worship the dragons instead. The dragons already have done this to a far away kingdom of orcs who they've brought with them in force. One farmboy escapes into the wild and dedicates his life to getting revenge on the dragons. He acts as a mentor to the PCs as the dragons attack again. This is the start of the adventure.

I like the theme. I think it can work. Feedback? 8)

CAA
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Adventure Idea. Not really M&M, per se...

Postby CAA » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:29 am

everything with dragons can work :D

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Adventure Idea. Not really M&M, per se...

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:30 am

You had me at farm boy. Have you read the Belgariad? If not, drop everything and devour all ten books immediately.

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”