Fun things your players have done

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Fun things your players have done

Postby Kyle » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:53 pm

mattador wrote:I trust you have seen the Dexter's Lab episode featuring Rasslor (Voiced by Randy Savage):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNcUeM5P3I

Can't say that I've ever watched an episode of 'Dexter's Lab', but after watching that clip I can see why you'd make the connection.

I suspect most of the guys in my group are similarly too old to have been fans of the show when it was on, so I doubt I'll be accused of ripping it off, but part of me still wants to come up with a new plan now that I know this exists.

mattador
Comrade
Comrade

Postby mattador » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Nah, go ahead and run with it. The episode itself was an homage to Marvel 2 in 1 Annual #7: storyline featuring Ben Grimm and a bunch of Earth's heroes fighting against an alien fighter named Champion.
No monkeys though.

http://www.leaderslair.com/marveluniverse/2in1an7.html

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Yeah, seriously, run with it- if your player's that big of a fan, he should get a massive kick out of it!

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 pm

mattador wrote:Nah, go ahead and run with it. The episode itself was an homage to Marvel 2 in 1 Annual #7: storyline featuring Ben Grimm and a bunch of Earth's heroes fighting against an alien fighter named Champion.
No monkeys though.

http://www.leaderslair.com/marveluniverse/2in1an7.html

See, the Champion I'm familiar with, and I will readily admit that he came to mind when I got the idea to insert a big goofy wrestling tournament side story into the middle of my game.

mirilion
Groupie
Groupie

Postby mirilion » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:24 am

I know it's a bit stupid but for me he will always be Bonesaw. Just didn't know that much about him before Spiderman.

CENTINULL
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby CENTINULL » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Just started a new campaign, where everyone is playing villains.

The group's first objective was to steal an amulet from a museum. They spent a week preparing for the heist. During the week they discredited the security firm responsible for guarding the museum, and ransacked the security firm's head quarter's. A group of people who can fly, phase, teleport, or superspeed, hot wired and stole a van and drove up the front door. They literally had no plan. Pandemonium ensued as the superspeedseter ran around the building randomly roughing people up. The thief ran around spray painting on the security camera lenses. The mystic defecated on computer monitors. The DJ pretended to be a hero and had mock fights with the thief and mimic. The mimic decided to be Batman....

At some point, they decided they had inflicted enough chaos and decided to leave. The Super speedster runs away. The Ghost phases out to the sewers. The Mimic pretending to Batman jumps in the van,and then Teleports away. The Thief blasts and destroys the van "killing" batman and celebrates. The DJ still pretending to be a hero blasts the Thief, who is intangible, pretends to die and teleports away.

At this point it occurs to them that not only do they not have some where to all meet up, but they also have no way of contacting each other.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 pm

...Did they at least actually steal the amulet? Cos that's kind-of what I was expecting their major flaw to be at that point...

CENTINULL
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby CENTINULL » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Crazyivan777 wrote:...Did they at least actually steal the amulet? Cos that's kind-of what I was expecting their major flaw to be at that point...

The amulet wasn't even there. That whole tangent was to discredit the security firm providing security for the museum, so that the speedster, a politician in his secret identity, could get them hired as the security crew in their place.

They got hired as the security crew, and secretly replaced the amulet they were supposed to steal with a duplicate, minutes before the duplicate was stolen by the Royal Flush Gang. They pretty much blew their security cover having a super powered show down, while being recorded on the security cameras, duking it out with the Royal Flush Gang. They just up and left after fighting the Royal Flush Gang, who managed to get away. They completely blew their cover as security guards, but as far as anyone else knows, the Royal Flush Gang "stole" the amulet.

They are see sawing back and forth between cold, calculating, ruthlessness and comedic shenanigans.

It's all over the place, but people are laughing uncontrollably and having a good time.

I forgot to mention, during the week leading up the heist the Thief committed a series of low value robberies, making no effort to conceal his crimes. He stole, Balloons, Party Decorations, A Helium Tank, and a Cake. On the Day of the Amulet Heist we teleported into a local bank vault, on camera, but after the timed locks sealed the vault for the night. He then set up the cake, balloons, streamers, etc.. in the vault, so they would have a nice suprise when they opened up in the morning. I'm not even certain he stole any money.

CENTINULL
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby CENTINULL » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 pm

The Group of villains' Sonic based character insists on killing unconscious foes. Another, reality manipulating, party member runs around after him, without his knowledge, resurrecting the fallen foes.

Later, the party has a group of hostages, and tells Batman he has 2 minutes to get inside and defuse the bomb. The Sonic, Mr M.C., then warns the party to teleport away, as he is going to detonate the bomb in 10 seconds, before Batman can possibly defuse it. The building explodes. Surrounding onlookers are horrified. Batman is mortified.The Flash arrives seconds too late. Mr. M.C. is gloating in true comic villain tradition, and The Nameless One, the party's reality manipulating member is 2 blocks away with the hostages. Killing the hostages was never stated as part of the plan, so he teleported them along when he escaped the blast.

Before anyone finds out the hostages are alive, the group, now fearing the combined wrath of Batman and Flash, order a strategic retreat, all the way to the west coast, putting as much distance between Gotham and them as they could.

On another minor amusing note, the group has knocked both Nightwing and Batman unconscious and made zero effort to discover their identities. Quickstrike, the team's speedster has stolen, NightWing's uniform, leaving him in his undies and mask, as well as Batman's utility belt. He's even gradually spending power points to learn how to use his stolen gear .

CENTINULL
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby CENTINULL » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:51 pm

STEP 1.) Die horribly and be brought back as a Ghost who can possess the living.
STEP 2.) Possess a Streetwalker/prostitute, be indiscreet, and get arrested.
STEP 3.) Just before arriving at Police Station, possess police officer, unzip fly, allow manhood to breathe
STEP 4.) Possess other, Driving, Police officer, while 1st officer is still dazed, expose his manhood as well.
STEP 5.) Get officers out of car, with manhood blowing in the wind, and remove female prisoner from car.
STEP 6.) Possess female prisoner, scream loudly and draw as much attention to Police officers as possible and accuse them of lascivious attacks.

Extra points for team mate waiting at police station with video camera to document incident.

Jaldidog
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Jaldidog » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Responding to the scene of an earthquake one of my players, playing a Robin-esque character, became a little sleep-gas grenade happy. Incidents included:

1. Sleep gassing the distressed wife of a man trapped under some rubble to calm her down.
2. Sleep gassing a police officer who criticised her for action 1
3. Sleep gassing a small child who wouldn't leave her structurally unsafe flat without her cat.
4. Sleep gassing the cat because the player character was a dog person, and
5. Sleep gassing herself after rolling a 1 on an attack check against a villain (it was just too good not to do!)

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 pm

That's priceless.

CENTINULL
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby CENTINULL » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:18 pm

That is awesome. I'd share that story with my group but I'm afraid they would take it as an inspirational idea instead of just laughing at it.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:17 am

As some of you might know, part of my Cadre 5 world is based on a campaign I'm running for my group here. They are the Cadre Aleph team. I was getting stuck with where to with the story line so I did a crossover where the Marvel and DC universes intruded themselves upon Cadre Aleph who were now based in San Francisco. Upon first meeting the Teen Titans, Psiclaw immediately seduces Starfire. Later when they meet the Avengers he looked at Ms. Marvel and asked her "How much an hour?"

crashmurdoch
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby crashmurdoch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:07 am

I threw Doomsday at my players hoping to give them a tough fight. Instead, one of my players held his action and waited for Doomsday to jump at one of the team, then opened a portal in front of him and trapped him in a pocket dimension!

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”