Starting Back Up Again :D

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Starting Back Up Again :D

Postby LeopoldKain » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Hello,

It’s been a while since I have played Mutants and Mastermind. I might need a little help as a DM. I think I am going to write up a campaign that involves using the super natural side of the Marvel universe. I will have Dr. Strange as our main NPC sending our players into the world of the super natural. Maybe have Blade, Morbius, Ghost Rider, and others to make cameos. I am especially going to try to tap into these heroes’ villains to help with making the story. In the campaign I am going to try to keep out any main stream super heroes like Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man.
We are going to try to paint most encounters and have story feel like the video game Condemned or Deadly Premonition.
Try to make it feel like there are two worlds’ human world and supernatural world. It’s up to our player to keep order and make it where the human world does not know. Movies like Underworld, Hellboy or Blade would be a good example of what I am trying to pull off.
I wanted to use this post for some suggestions and my go to for some support. At the moment I would like your thoughts on this. Please leave your thoughts and comments below. Thanks for your time.

Your Friend
Please look at this stuff:
Red and Wolf ; Kain's Builds

Holyhoopy
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Starting Back Up Again :D

Postby Holyhoopy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:39 am

Sounds like a cool idea! I really like darker stories, especially with supernatural tones.

I would definitely recommend picking up the Supernatural Handbook, it has some amazing advice for setting up tone in your stories and some really great hero archetypes for a darker game.

I'd also recommend, if you can get a hold of it, a comic series called Locke & Key. It takes heavily from Lovecraft and could give you some cool little plot hooks!

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Starting Back Up Again :D

Postby LeopoldKain » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Thank you for the reply.
We will be using the 2nd Edition Version of Mutants and Masterminds. I am debating on what or if I am going to download any of the PDFs that are for sale.
Any suggestions you guys.
Please look at this stuff:
Red and Wolf ; Kain's Builds

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”