First game

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
Pardum
Bystander
Bystander

First game

Postby Pardum » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:58 am

I am going to run my first game tomorrow and I was wondering if you guys had any last minute advice? This is not only my first time running a game of M&M but this is my first time being a GM at all.

Orville
Bystander
Bystander

Re: First game

Postby Orville » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:17 am

Have fun

Include the players in the story.

If it is cool roll with it don´t let any rules stay in the way of fun

Do not complicate the rules

Only require rolls for skills and stuff if it could become an interesting part of the story.. something fun

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: First game

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:19 am

When someone wants to pull something off the wall that they can make a plausible case for, saying improvising a Snare effect using the stanchions at the bank or doing an area trip effect, give them the Hero Point to counter the Fatigue from Extra Effort to stunt it or just let them do it without charging them for it. The second time they try to use the exact same tactic, let them know that they have to pay full price because it's no longer novel.

Hand out the Hero Points liberally for good roleplaying and Complications being hit, but only provide them when it actually inconveniences the player.

Don't be afraid to fudge rolls to give the good guys a chance to rally. You can always throw other threats at them if they rally too fast and defeat the bad guy in the next blow because you let them skate by when the villain really rolled a critical the last time.

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”