Super Hero Cival War

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
Vynn
Bystander
Bystander

Super Hero Cival War

Postby Vynn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:01 pm

Greetings to everyone!

I'm a first time Storyteller, and intend to run a game shortly that will be a twist on the Super Hero Civil War, from the Marvel comics. I'm taking the original incident that sparked the series of events, and then dropping the players into the aftermath, I intend to have it run more Hero vs Corrupt government types (Similar to the Mutant registration act) rather then Hero pro registration V Hero con registration, but a Rogue Hero working for the Bad guys for the Right Reasons would be acceptable. I'm just looking for thoughts or ideas I can use to fire up my imagination, I have so many ideas I think it's giving me a block, so anyone with a thought or an idea please feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks in advance. :)

SeasideGM
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Super Hero Cival War

Postby SeasideGM » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:52 pm

I think the best thing about this type of story is put any character in as a potential foe. Heroes fight heroes, heroes fight villains, heroes team with villains against a common foe, etc.

If you are going with a "corrupt government" angle, I recommend looking into the Dark Avengers series where Norman Osborn takes over SHIELD and it becomes HAMMER. Might be a good jumping off point for you

Vynnrook
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Super Hero Cival War

Postby Vynnrook » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:39 am

Okay I like that idea, Oscorp and a few other "industry" types have already been introduced in the game, building beta tested Sentinels,for the government. Norman Osborne himself has been absent the game (and it's unclear if his company's participation is voluntary or not) so I could still use him as a villain, Green goblin or otherwise, perhaps aiding the heroes to destroy the Sentinels, or working with the support of the Government as a "registered" super human.

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”