I need 1-2 Plotseeds to introduce the 2 main NSCs

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
CAA
Bystander
Bystander

I need 1-2 Plotseeds to introduce the 2 main NSCs

Postby CAA » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Hello everyone.
I intend to to play the church & state adventure with my group and want to indruce the two main NSCs properly. I would like to give each one of them 1-2 small adventures to introduce them - and to show that the situation between those two "political" partys is kinda frosty. The Adventure itself doesn't give much about the instruction of the 2 main NSCs and kinda jumps right into the action.

The head of the first party is a superpowered anarchiest. He (and his party) thinks that humanity is ready to go on without a government. His "development" will go or went into a A.C.A.B. direction.

The head of the second party is the arch angel Michael. His party has nothing against gay love but his motto is kinda "follow the law of god or deal with the consequences".

Each party and their leaders mean only good for everyone. The leaders are even going to do some minor heroic things. Rescuing girls out of burning buildings and so on.

Do you have any cool ideas to set them into the spotlight before things happen that might very fast end up in a city being under martial law, with tanks on the streets of the city and so on, because of the city being the battleground of superpowered humans (and an angel), their followers and the PCs?

iNSOMN14
Hireling
Hireling

Re: I need 1-2 Plotseeds to introduce the 2 main NSCs

Postby iNSOMN14 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:19 am

When I was going to set up the scenario for Church and State, I did things very similar, introducing the heroes to the key players before the adventure even started.

The way I intro'd the group to Rock-N-Roll was by running a modified version of Hate is a Four-Letter Word where Rock and his followers were supporting Professor Worth's freedom of speech without supporting his views. Of course when the Professor was revealed to be manipulating people's emotions with meta-human powers, Rock was helping out in the big battle: helping clear civilians during the fight and throwing in a few pot shots were he could (it didn't help I gave the White Knight four other metahuman helpers in the fight). In the end, the heroes were familiar enough with his views and saw him as less of traditional hero and more of a public figure with metahuman powers.

With Mikhael, I went the other direction and the party got to see him go from normal, everyday Joe to maybe Archangel Champion of the Lord/maybe delusional metahuman. I made sure to pepper the field with hints that could make people jump to either conclusion. It helped that I had several adventures were the heroes looked into other people getting metahuman powers and helping them adapt to their new abilities. So when they met Mikhael, they didn't suspect there were other things involved.

Also, I'd suggest not rushing through the adventure. It plays out much better if things don't escalate quickly and some things play out in the background. Make the adventure feel much more natural and organic. I'll see if I can find any of my notes from that.

CAA
Bystander
Bystander

Re: I need 1-2 Plotseeds to introduce the 2 main NSCs

Postby CAA » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:13 am

Thank you so far :D

iNSOMN14 wrote:Also, I'd suggest not rushing through the adventure. It plays out much better if things don't escalate quickly and some things play out in the background.

That's what i thought too. The events in the adventure seem to escalate faster than the speed of light without any story before the events of church & state.

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”