Pinball

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
Allensh
Henchman
Henchman

Pinball

Postby Allensh » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:45 am

Trying to recreate a villain I built for Champions in M&M3. His name, Pinball, derived from an attack he did whereby he bounced off up to 5 targets in a row while doing move-throughs. I seem to be stuck on how to accomplish this same sort of attack in M&M3. Suggestions?

Allen

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Pinball

Postby Sketchpad » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:36 pm

My wife plays a character that has an ability like that.
Bounce Back Attack: Ranged Damage 8 (Increased Range: Range, Ricochet 5; Must Follow a Leap Move Action) • 13 points

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Don't forget to give him/her: Feature 1, Such a supple wrist. :lol:
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Note that this is also Nightcrawler's attack where he multiple teleports and punches as he goes... same principle, different descriptor.

What about burst area, selective ?

You could also have it so there are a few alt powers with the same general idea so that in a confined space it gets absolutely nuts... split attack, multi-attack and the like... Quirks and flaws can represent the lack of walls and such to bounce off of for optimum damage on the ricochet.

It also sounds like Takedown. If the first guy falls, she bounces off and sails towards the next... This one has a greater potential to add in the multi attack, move by attack and whatnot...

Hmmm...

Pinball - Burst Area Damage, Selective - 3 points per rank
AP - Multiball - Ranged Damage, Multi-Attack, Linked to Enhanced Advantages (Move-by Action, Takedown 2, All-Out Attack) 4 plus 3 points per rank
AP - Leaping

Allensh
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Allensh » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 am

saint_matthew wrote:Don't forget to give him/her: Feature 1, Such a supple wrist. :lol:

LOL...that joke was made only mere seconds after they fought him the first time :)

Allen

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:11 am

Allensh wrote:
saint_matthew wrote:Don't forget to give him/her: Feature 1, Such a supple wrist. :lol:

LOL...that joke was made only mere seconds after they fought him the first time :)

Allen

An so the great circle of RPG based puns continues. :lol:

*starts singing "its the circle of life" loudly & off key*
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”