Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Need Adventure Suggestions for Claremont Campaign

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.

Need Adventure Suggestions for Claremont Campaign

Postby RomLoneWolf23 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Okay, I'm restarting a Claremont Hero High campaign that's been on hold for a while, and I need ideas for adventures. I have Hero High Yearbook, Exchange Students and Villains, and we ran a couple adventures before: one where the kids had to do some night-time street patrols as a part of detention and ended up thwarting a theft by Scrounge, and one where they ended up in Cyberspace to battle Doc Otaku and his Angels.

I wanted to restart the game with a more "School-Focused" adventure, however, with the main "enemies" being bullies at Claremont, like Sloth and Student Body. Kind of drawing a blank as to what kind of adventure I can start with. Any suggestions off the top of your heads?
-Exit the LoneWolf
RomLoneWolf23
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: Need Adventure Suggestions for Claremont Campaign

Postby Arkrite » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm afraid I don't have any great suggestions but if you're looking for some NPCs I should point out that TattooedMan is running a Claremont style game in the Game Room right now

The First Post in the OOC thread has a whole swack of NPCs classmates and teachers to check out.
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 pm

I have always found a good first adventure in a school game to be a good old fashioned food fight. Other ideas include breaking up a in school drug ring, something sinister going on with the school play, maybe a guest speaker who is secretly a villain. Is this clermont before or after they go supers only? If it is before maybe an adventure based around PTA night trying to keep some of the parents from finding out what goes on behind the scenes when a villain attacks the school.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Pól Rua » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:05 am

This is a really nice article full of good advice from a GM running a teenage M&M Campaign.
http://www.petermball.com/2012/10/05/13 ... sterminds/

I'm also playing in a teenage game at the moment, and my GM is basically kinda keeping the super-stuff and the normal teenage shenanigans at a kind of half-and-half balance. It's working out pretty well.
Pól Rua
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Damren » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:35 pm

AMP UP! - Student powers are going out of control! Connect the dots of the mystery while trying to both save the students and not get torched/frozen/disintegrated or transformed by their unstable powers! What's causing the power flux? Is there a villain behind it? Could it be one of the new exchange students? The school nurse? Or, is the Asst. Principal up to something in the new Science Lab?

Field Trip - What could go wrong during a day at the zoo? As it turns out, just about everything! But, that's only half the story! The mystery deepens when the zoo creatures begin to show up at school! At students homes! And, at the groups favorite Pizza Shack!

Pop Quiz - What happens when you fall asleep in class, only to wake up and find you and your friends are the only ones in the school? Indeed, the only ones anywhere, as radio stations are silent, news channels are broadcasting empty chairs and the city has gone quiet except for the wind! Is it some new villain? All a dream? Or, has the Asst. Principal's little lab experiments finally gone too far?

Biology 101 - The Biology class is ready for the big dissection project, only when the containers are opened, they don't find frogs - they each discover pieces of a Patchwork Monster! And the pieces are still alive!? Do they put the monster back together? Track down its mysterious origins? And, what ever happened to all the frogs!?

Science Fair - After two years, the Asst. Principal has finally convinced the School Board, the Mayor, and the National Guard to reinstate the Annual Science Fair! He strongly cautions the students that any 'super' experiements are strictly prohibited, as another incident like last time could end the Science Fair for good! Needless to say, he's not too happy about the Giant Frogs! The Zero-G Hallway! And, the arrival of a super villain looking for the missing power source to his Battle Armor!

Arbor Day - One would think everyone would be happy that the school was getting greener, but when the newly planted saplings grow up over night, and the school is wrapped in door locking vines and window blocking, deadly blossoms by third period, it's clear somebody has taken things a little too far. Except in the Science Lab, which is apparently a green-free zone?
Damren
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Stone Cold Gargoyle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:27 am

How about Model Multiverse week? This could be similar to Model UN, but using the Multiverse as a model. Ahead of time, you should prep the scenario that your PCs will work as their PCs representing other cultures. Prepare a short document that describes the scenario (a trade treaty, peace talks, whatever). Also prepare one notecard for each PC. This should tell him which power he's representing (Lor Republic, Grue Unity, whatever), what his goals are, and any special things his represented power can do.

Now, comes the fun part.

Model Multiverse Week isn't just Claremont students. It features students from across the Multiverse. Delegations will visit from other schools, and they, in turn, will represent powers other than themselves. Your imagination is your limit here. Who will be there? Cadets from the Star Knight Academy? Mentats-in-training from the Lore Republic Institute? Apprentices from Freedom Reach Guild? Primates from Earth Ape?

Just interacting with these folks could make the session that much more interesting. Do you take them to the mall? Introduce them to Swedish meatballs? Take them out to fight crime? And if you have already included NPCs from Exchange Students folio, it might be fun to have one of those individuals interact with old friends from their home dimension/world. Especially if, this being high school, one of your PCs has a crush on that person.
Stone Cold Gargoyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:04 pm

RomLoneWolf23 wrote:Okay, I'm restarting a Claremont Hero High campaign that's been on hold for a while, and I need ideas for adventures. I have Hero High Yearbook, Exchange Students and Villains, and we ran a couple adventures before: one where the kids had to do some night-time street patrols as a part of detention and ended up thwarting a theft by Scrounge, and one where they ended up in Cyberspace to battle Doc Otaku and his Angels.

I wanted to restart the game with a more "School-Focused" adventure, however, with the main "enemies" being bullies at Claremont, like Sloth and Student Body. Kind of drawing a blank as to what kind of adventure I can start with. Any suggestions off the top of your heads?

Chris Claremont, famous for his writing of the "Uncanny X-Men" storylines, focused on the personal aspects of his characters. Doing the same for your Player-Characters would pay him tribute.

Make the game PC "Complication-based" & you should be fine.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Return to GMs' Eyes Only