Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

At war with heaven against my will

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

At war with heaven against my will

Postby Twisted mind » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:02 am

So the 2ed PL 5 game iron age like that I’m in is in a some what downward spiral all 6 players have gotten the nemesis -3 drawback put on us.
As we have been forced to take the sides against them and fight on the side of owe friend that hade taken it from the beginning of char gen.

The problem is that we cant stop the angels from killing us all.
If we fight them and kill them or drive them of they just come back later as they are immortal.
If they win they kills us we all go to hell and we have no chance of any kind of redemption to get rid of the drawback.(We are not allowed to buy the drawback of with power points)

As I am playing a lovecraft mythos inspired mage I decided to try to go the diplomatic route and summon one of them and try to come to some kind of agreement between them and us.
But as it would have it the angel informed me that I have no chance in hell and that me and all my unnatural friends are doomed to burn in hell forever.(Most of us have powers that stand from the supernatural)

So what can I do to try and get out of this?
Twisted mind
Bystander
Bystander

Re: At war with heaven against my will

Postby Damren » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 pm

This kind of stuff is tricky to figure out if you don't know the rules, and the only one that can provide them is the GM. That being said:

Try and summon someone who has gone to heaven and can argue on your behalf for a chance at redemption.

Seek out the holiest of mortals and seek redemption thought that divine law.

Sacrifice in some way shape or form that would show you can still be redeemed.

Research and find out what the rules are that you're dealing with and see if their are any alternatives.

Retreat to a place they can't touch and wait it out until a solution presents itself.
Damren
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: At war with heaven against my will

Postby gerbilattack » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 am

While i hate to add a useless post: Damren said pretty much everything of use.
Oblivious Man Strikes Again!

"Sometimes I think you are more useful dead than alive!" -A Friend regarding one of my characters.
gerbilattack
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to GMs' Eyes Only