MnM 3E PL 10 online game using Maptools and Vent

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
trexnco
Bystander
Bystander

MnM 3E PL 10 online game using Maptools and Vent

Postby trexnco » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Howdy

I'm considering running a series of MnM games online using maptools for maps, rolling and a visual aspect and ventrillo , a voice chat program, for Role Play. This is a game where all RP is over voice so understand that going in. Great Role Play and the ability to improv will result in generous hero point awards.

SETTING

Im a former City of Heroes person who is still weeping at the closure of my game. So this game will be set within the world of City of Heroes. I'll be using villains, NPC and Lore from the game. Have no fear if you never played that most wonderful of games and know nothing of its storyline. Just relax and play I'll fill you in on what, if anything your character may need to know. To that extent supers are not uncommon and the flavor of this game will be Four Color with some grit at times.

TIMES

As an educator I have a really open schedule for the next couple of months. I would prefer afternoon game times in the Eastern time zone provided there are people that can fit that into a schedule. If that doesn't work I may be able to settle for a Wednesday evening game starting at 6PM EST.

YOUR STORY

I have my story and I reckon/hope you have ideas for your own character development. So when I run games I like it to be a collaborative effort. If you want to explore some aspect of your character let me know and we'll figure it out. But if I dont get that imput, there really wont be much I can do for you.

Post your interest and/or shoot me a PM and I'll shoot you a link to my Skype so we can talk Supers.

Madwand
Hireling
Hireling

Re: MnM 3E PL 10 online game using Maptools and Vent

Postby Madwand » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Sounds great, and I'm definitely interested. Time might be a problem depending on day, though. For the times you gave, only weekends would work for me.

rbeall
Bystander
Bystander

Postby rbeall » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm also interested, but afternoons during the week would not work for me either.

I'm central time zone.

trexnco
Bystander
Bystander

Postby trexnco » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 am

Sorry cant do weekends. With Con season upon us, half my summer weekends are running games at far from home.

Evenings are tough as a couple of my players are Europe based. If there is enough response maybe I'll run on a Wed evening but otherwise that just wont work Im afraid.

Dogbert
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Dogbert » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Afternoon weekdays are gonna be difficult for most people. Also, please define "afternoons." Which days, time, and length of individual sessions? Depending on scheduling I may be able to make time for it. Also, how long is the game expected to be?

You said you already have your story. What's that story about? It's easier to decide whether we want in or not depending on the game's premise.

trexnco
Bystander
Bystander

Postby trexnco » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 am

Dogbert wrote:Afternoon weekdays are gonna be difficult for most people. Also, please define "afternoons." Which days, time, and length of individual sessions? Depending on scheduling I may be able to make time for it. Also, how long is the game expected to be?

You said you already have your story. What's that story about? It's easier to decide whether we want in or not depending on the game's premise.

Afternoon for me equates to 1 PM EST, the day is shaping up to be Monday. I have several European based friends that are looking to play and that fits theirs and my schedule rather nicely. I had the option for a Wednesday evening out there as well but it didnt get much of a response.

I didnt put a time frame on how long the game was set to run as I find that rather unrealistic. It'll run for as long as people remain interested and came continue playing. Individual sessions aim for 3 hour minimums.

The story or rather stories are focused around story archs set within the City of Heroes universe. Each going for around 3-4 sessions. Assess what worked, what didnt, what some of the PC goals are and move onto the next story arch. The first one, which is already prepped and ready to go involves a toxic accident spawning some nasty toxic critters gaining sentience and seeking to expand their reach into the world.

Fyndhal
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Fyndhal » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:48 am

Hey, what a great idea! Sadly, I couldn't possibly make a 1pm Monday time frame, but I wanted to pop-in as a fellow COH player and applaud the effort.

Good luck with those Hydra's! :)

Foundry
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Foundry » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:26 pm

don't know if you are still looking for others to play this, but it doesn't hurt to ask about it.

Like yourself, I am too a refugee from City of Heroes. I've tried other MMO's, notably CO and DCUO, but nothing has even remotely compared to CoX. It has only recently occurred to me try a tabletop RPG in attempt to fill the void of losing CoH.

If this project still exists and you are looking for others to play, please reply to this message.

trexnco
Bystander
Bystander

Postby trexnco » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 am

The end of summer ended this game sadly. I may start up another one soon though. If there is enough interest it would probably be on Tuesday evenings EST. I'll check to see if there is interest.

Madwand
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Madwand » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 am

Unfortunately, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the only days I can't make. I'm still very interested in a game on any other day, though.

Return to “Player Locator”