Orange City

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: One-Shot 3e online game-Roll20

Postby Caniswolfman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Is everyone set to game tomorrow, 8pm?

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Re: One-Shot 3e online game-Roll20

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:39 am

Yep will be waiting for the rest :)

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Orange City

Postby scooterhawk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:25 am

Can't make it tonight - work. Have fun!

Madwand
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Madwand » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm looking forward to it!

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Updated Beltran and added a power to the team headquarters.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47023&sid=a0349868540c7b27526e98326b01d72e#p1089435

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:59 am

Just a reminder, we won't be gaming next tuesday, I'm re-evaluating the campaign and getting some stuff done. We'll meet back up in a couple weeks.

Good going everyone!

Thanks

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 am

Think i figured out the right pp number as i missed the first session so im 1 pp down from the rest. Did not know for sure if we are all suppose to be 156 pp or just what we earned.

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:17 am

Everyone should be at 156pp regardless.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:22 am

Added some ideas from the Gadget guide utility belt to Beltran. It has some really good ideas in it.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Are we taking down time between sessions or are we going to pursue the other quest lines we were given?

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 am

Either way, I was curious to see if it would be ok to invest some of my ranks into Minion Ranks. The way I see my character going right now is possibly as a team-player leader type. I figured with him being a teacher and all, it would work pretty well. Add in some minions to help flesh things out all the better.

Additionally, My character has never, if at all, used his lifting strength, and more times than not he doesn't do any real heavy lifting that would require 8 strength. Princess covers that a heck of a lot better than myself. Additionally, a lot of the advantages I took didn't make sense, so I have tailored a lot of them to reflect defender/team player/"dancing" style combat.

Below is the updated sheet that I would like to have effective as soon as the next game if possible, assuming all is to your aproval!

* Please Note: I am unsure of if the PL cap has changed or not, as such I made sure that PL10 was respected, and that my minion did not exceed half of that for sake of simplicity (and the fact that he IS a minion!). As the game progresses, I hope to have it so that Guyson can later use connected in the hopes of applying that with his minion ranks for additional perks. Over time, he may have up to two such minions that he can use with his setup advantage!

Guyson Armstrong - PL 10

Strength 6, Stamina 2, Agility 8, Dexterity 2, Fighting 14, Intellect 0, Awareness 6, Presence 2

Advantages
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Leadership, Minion 4, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Set-up 2, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+16), Athletics 4 (+10), Expertise: Streetwise 8 (+8), Insight 4 (+10), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+8)

Powers
Endurance Training
. . Applied Strength: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR)
. . Youthful Vigor: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
Urban Movement
. . Leaping: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Safe Fall)
. . Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +14 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +14 (DC 21)

Complications
Honor: Guyson prefers a fair fight, prefering to fight his foes when they have a better footing to prove that he is indeed a better fighter.
Motivation: Justice: Guyson will stop at nothing to prevent the corruption of slavery and drug dealing, bringing justice to those who thing otherwise.
Obsession: Guyson takes every opportunity to take on foes that he feels would help him become a better fighter, and trains whenever possible to master his martial art.
Rivalry: After freeing up his brother, Guyson now fights for the cause of keeping the same from happening to others. Still, he hopes to make sure his prowess in martial arts is strong enough to defend against his brother if the time were to come again for there to be such a need.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 14, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/2, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 76 + Powers 17 + Advantages 28 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 156

--------------------

Armstrong Disciple - PL 5

Strength 1, Stamina 0, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence -1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Equipment 3, Evasion, Favored Environment: Urban, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Set-up, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat: Nunchaku 2 (+7), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Feather Disks 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+9)

Powers
Reinforced Armor: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Subtle: subtle)

Equipment
Camo Clothing, Commlink, Feather Disks (Shuriken), Guard Armor [Reinforced Armor: Protection 2, +2 Toughness; Subtle: subtle], Nunchaku, Vanish Powder 1

Offense
Initiative +3
Feather Disks, +9 (DC 16)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 11)
Nunchaku, +7 (DC 18)
Throw, +3 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 16)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 5, Fortitude 3, Toughness 3/0, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 0 + Advantages 11 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 60
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:29 am

Made one quick modification to the post above, now it is just a matter of seeing if all these pieces fall together as we play. Teamwork/Setup I am hoping to get plenty of use out of if I can, and I still suspect my character will be squishy but hard to hit.

His brother situation will keep him motivated enough for sure, and the story so far has just been amazing!

One of my most memorable moments so far?
Acrobatically deflecting a ranged attack into a self-afflicted attack that has possibly changed the entire course of the campaign! (Sorry!)
Being one-shot by the big bad guy, followed by buying revived nearly instantly by my comrades!
Princess = Awesome ("Please don't hit me with a truck!") after slamming the truck down on science guy!
And Seeing the actions chosen affect my characters complications for the first time... absolutely priceless!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:48 am

Guyson:

I'll check the changes, but having a minion's ok. Just let me know when you plan on adding more than 1, for time' sake I might limit that. but the idea is good, I like it.

FYI everyone, reminder there is no game this week.

Also, when we do game next, let me know if you guys want some downtime to occur, what you want to accomplish during that, etc.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

See my largest concern is I have no idea where to take my character from here... given that this was a single play through, especially with someone who focuses primarily on unarmed attacks with little use for much else, I don't know... I don't see myself really needing much else other than to stay within PL Limits.

At one point I had though of increasing his saves, but I was able to do that mostly. The other idea was to go the route of a Martial Mystic, using my "willpower" for rather interesting feats of skill, but not entirely sure. I went through the power profiles, and sadly not much is grabbing me... I am having a LOT of fun as it is already.

Anybody have any thoughts? I don't see Guyson being much of a tech/weapon user...

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Alright, this will be the second take on things. Taking what you said into consideration I polished off the character a bit more. This time around I have kept strictly to the "Martial Arts" focus in how I specialize in one style of combat fairly heavily. In the case of Guyson, it is melee.

Given the style that goes with Capoeira, I had figured it would be really neat to specialize my defenses and attack style while my character remains moving. Also, given how we have a speedster on our team, it would be fairly fitting for my character to adapt his combat style to somewhat reflect that. Also, to reduce the number of characters in each game, I have take that out in favor of a more stylized combat style.

Here we go! Hope you enjoy! :D

As always, feel free to say yay or neigh for what I have here, as I am open to anything at this point! :mrgreen:

Guyson Armstrong - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 8, Dexterity 2, Fighting 14, Intellect 0, Awareness 8, Presence 2

Advantages
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Assessment, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Set-up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+16), Athletics 4 (+6), Expertise: Streetwise 8 (+8), Insight 4 (+12), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+12), Persuasion 6 (+8)

Powers
Dancing Dervish
. . Dervish Counter: Damage 4 (DC 19; Accurate: +2, Reaction 3: reaction; Limited: Requires Attack Check, Limited: Requires at least 10ft movement)
. . Dervish Frenzy: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 21; Limited: Must have moved more than 10ft in any given round)
. . Youthful Vigor: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
Martial Grace
. . Leaping: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Safe Fall)
. . Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +12
Dervish Counter: Damage 4, +16 (DC 19)
Dervish Frenzy: Strength-based Damage 4, +14 (DC 21)
Grab, +14 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +14 (DC 17)

Complications
Honor: Guyson prefers a fair fight, prefering to fight his foes when they have a better footing to prove that he is indeed a better fighter.
Motivation: Justice: Guyson will stop at nothing to prevent the corruption of slavery and drug dealing, bringing justice to those who thing otherwise.
Obsession: Guyson takes every opportunity to take on foes that he feels would help him become a better fighter, and trains whenever possible to master his martial art.
Rivalry: After freeing up his brother, Guyson now fights for the cause of keeping the same from happening to others. Still, he hopes to make sure his prowess in martial arts is strong enough to defend against his brother if the time were to come again for there to be such a need.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 14, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/2, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 76 + Powers 24 + Advantages 24 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 156

Return to “Player Locator”