Recruiting New Players

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Recruiting New Players

Postby scooterhawk » Sun May 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello All!
I’m currently looking to add two or three new players to my Sunday game. Currently, I have three active players: Dauntless (Armored Hero), Momentum (Kinetic powered Energy Projector), and Jack Frost (Ice themed Energy Projector). We meet every Sunday afternoon at 1pm EST until 4pm on Darkmyst (SilverAge game room). The game is a Silver Age setting, set in Patriot City in 1960. If anyone is interested please send me a pm or shoot me an email at scooterhawk1@yahoo.com

Doggie
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Recruiting New Players

Postby Doggie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 am

As one of the players, I enjoy the game and recommend it. :p

wilddeath
Bystander
Bystander

Postby wilddeath » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:41 pm

I am sorry i didnt make it to my first game i had a family emergency. That has been sorted out now but is there still room in this game for me?

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby scooterhawk » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:56 pm

wilddeath wrote:I am sorry i didnt make it to my first game i had a family emergency. That has been sorted out now but is there still room in this game for me?

Yep, still room. We'll be playing again this Sunday. Cya then!

Emrick
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Emrick » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey I would love to join you all on Sunday. I only played mutants & masterminds one time and loved it, and I'm tired of D&D. I have church on Sunday's, but I would be home probably about 2pm ish if you don't mind me being late. I'd probably make about the same guy I did for the one session game I played. A electric/lightning brawler guy named Raiden.... overly used name I know but I thought he was badass.

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby scooterhawk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 am

Ok...I've had several people who have submitted characters and committed to the game and then, for whatever reason or reasons, haven't been able to participate on a regular basis. So, here are the characters I have so far:

Dauntless - Doggie
Momentum - BackinaFlash
Jack Frost - PhantomMouse
Antrax - Aerlywn
Atlas - Firemonolith
Motar -Wildwind
Sunray - Sojur127

What I'd like is four or five dedicated players to meet every other Saturday (8:30pm est) or Sunday (1pm est) - which ever time works best for the group - and play for 3 hours or so. If you're still interested please let me know by posting what day and time works best and we'll go from there.

crunchym8
Bystander
Bystander

Postby crunchym8 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:48 am

Firemonolith here. Either of those times work for me. I think if prefer sundays, but once again... I can do either. :D

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby scooterhawk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:56 am

Background:
Super powered heroes are new phenomena having occurred only two and half years ago when the Dominion, an evil alien race from the outer cosmos, plotted to conquer Earth with the aid of another alien race, the shape-shifting Skrulls. The Dominion, interested in humanities untapped genetic potential to develop superhuman powers (known as the metagene), wished to subjugate Earth and create an army of super-powered soldiers. To this end, they enlisted the aid of the Skrulls, who were to infiltrate the government and military structure of every major country on Earth in order to spread chaos and to keep its peoples divided. In return, the Dominion promised to help the Skrulls in their eternal struggle against the Kree Empire. In concert with the subterfuge of the Skrulls, stage two of the Dominion’s plan was to have their agents infuse certain of the vilest and most evil of Earth’s criminals with Energy X, a catalyst that unlocks the metagene, thereby giving these villains superpowers. These newly created “super-villains” would be unwitting pawns, in the Dominion’s plans for conquest, once unleashed they would cause untold destruction and mayhem, overwhelming the abilities of conventional civilian and military authorities to deal with them.
For almost a decade (1950-1957) agents of the Skrulls fostered hatred and fear between the two dominate superpowers on Earth, the United States and USSR. They also impersonated many of the Mystery Men, costumed heroes who had helped fight fascism during WWII, committing crimes disguised as them, causing many of those groups of heroes who had formed during WWII (The Freedom Fighters, All-Star Squadron and The Justice Society of America) to disband. Additionally, after a Skrull, disguised as Doll-Man, failed attempt at assassinating President Eisenhower, most of the world’s governments passed laws outlawing costumed vigilantes. With the world on the brink of nuclear war and all of Earth’s costumed heroes outlawed, the Dominion fleet, staged itself behind the red planet Mars, and began phase two of their plan.
Or it would have, had it not been for the courage of Abin Sur, a member of the Green Lantern Corps, who was able to gain knowledge of the Dominion’s plan to conquer Earth. Sur was able to intercept the ships carrying Energy X however, in the ensuing battle the ships were destroyed and the canisters containing Energy X dispersed in the Earth’s atmosphere. The energy encircled the globe unlocking the super human potential in those who carried the metagene.
Abin Sur was also mortally wounded in the fight and fell to Earth, in an isolated area of Mojave Desert. His ring sought out a young Air Force pilot named Hal Jordan and transported Hal to the spot where Abin lay. Before Sur died, he gave Jordan the ring telling him that he was chosen to be the new guardian of sector 2814 (which includes Earth). He also told him of the Dominion plot, Energy X and the need to recruit new heroes to stop the invasion. Hal, using the power of his new ring to track Energy X signatures, located several people who had been exposed to the energy. Barry Allen (Flash), Henry Pym (Giant Man), Beatriz Dacosta (Fire), The King of the African nation of Wakanda – T’Challa (Black Panther),Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch), and the enigmatic Uncle Sam banded together to form the Justice League of America; through their heroic efforts the Dominion’s invasion was stopped and the world was saved.
After the Dominion's defeat, the JLA decided to build a headquarters, the Hall of Justice, in the city of Metropolis. From there they would monitor the city and the world, safeguarding both. Over the next two years, JLA battled several of the world’s most dangerous villains; Time traveling conquerors, giant robots, radioactive dinosaurs and talking apes. Time and time again they were victorious. However, two months ago, returning home from a mission on the island nation of Cuba, their jet simply disappeared. No one has heard from them since. Emboldened by their absence, the villains of Metropolis and the world have increased their activities. Several of the remaining heroes have attempted to fill the void left by the JLA’s absence, but they seem overwhelmed. That was until HE came back.
Superman – While most of the super powered heroes that now populate the world are new, some have been around for awhile. The most notable of these heroes is Superman. Superman first appeared in the city of Metropolis on April 18, 1938, when he thwarted a bank heist by lifting the robber’s getaway car over his head. For the next three years The Man of Steel kept Metropolis and the world safe for truth, justice and the American Way. However, with the outbreak of WWII in Europe, Superman became increasingly distant. Weeks would go by without anyone seeing him. As the war escalated in Europe and then spread to the rest of the world, Superman just disappeared. For 19 years he remained gone. Until a few days ago, when he suddenly appeared, looking a bit older, to stop an airplane from colliding with the Daily Planet building. Since his reappearance Superman has been gathering the remaining heroes in Metropolis to form a new group, to fight those threats that no one hero can stand against, to battle once again for Truth, Justice and the American Way. He has contacted you to be part of that team, will you answer the call?

I’ve decided to revamp my game setting. The game will be a DC/Marvel hybrid set in the city of Metropolis in 1960. It is a Silver Age setting using selective parts of the DC and Marvel universe. My goal is to capture the feel of the early days of the Marvel/DC comics (JLA, Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, etc…). The game is set in Metropolis but the heroes should be prepared to travel across space, to lost continents, sunken kingdoms, other fantastic dimensions or wherever evil rears its vile head. Characters will start at PL 10 (150pp) and while no hero type is disallowed I would ask you to keep in mind the genre and create a character that stays within the spirit of the game.
We will be meeting alternating Saturdays (starting at 8:30pm EST) or Sundays (starting at 1pm EST) whichever time works for the group. I’d like to keep the group to around 5 heroes. The players that have characters currently in the game will be given first opportunity to stay. I’d like to have a response from them by the end of the week as whether or not they want to continue in the game and as to what time work best for them. If you have character in the game and I haven’t heard from you by Sunday I’ll assume you’re no longer interested and I’ll open the spot for someone else.
Last edited by scooterhawk on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:00 am

Sorry to all involved not been aroud much as alot of my plate and sorry for not turning up for several sessions.

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby scooterhawk » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:37 am

Aerlwyn wrote:Sorry to all involved not been aroud much as alot of my plate and sorry for not turning up for several sessions.

Not a problem Aerlwyn...I completely understand. Let me know if you're still interested in playing and what time works best for you.

Doggie
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Doggie » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Sorry I missed your post Scott, I don't check ATT too often. Of course I'm still interested, I wouldn't think you'd need to ask me.

TeeJay
Bystander
Bystander

Postby TeeJay » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:52 am

Hello I was curious if you have filled your available slots for players. I haven't played M&M before but have played other supers games and have role played for a long time. Thanks for your consideration and have a great weekend.

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby scooterhawk » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:23 am

TeeJay wrote:Hello I was curious if you have filled your available slots for players. I haven't played M&M before but have played other supers games and have role played for a long time. Thanks for your consideration and have a great weekend.

Still have room if you're interested. Do you have a copy of the 3rd addition rules? We will be meeting every other Saturday night (8:30pm EST) on the Darkmyst site (SilverAge game room). Let me know if you need any help with character design.

BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan
Location: BSDigitalQTV Studios, bargain basement of the airwaves!

Postby BS Digital Q » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 pm

I too am interested in joining, if there is still time and room available.

scooterhawk
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby scooterhawk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:01 pm

BS Digital Q wrote:I too am interested in joining, if there is still time and room available.

Yep...still room.

Return to “Player Locator”