Replacements for DC Adventures game!

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
sdeligar
Groupie
Groupie

Replacements for DC Adventures game!

Postby sdeligar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:56 pm

The game has been going for a few months now but for a several different reasons we have last 3 players in the last week but we aren't ready to give up yet. So, here is all the information you should need to get started and we look forward to see what you have to offer.

Each character is a student at the local high school.

Place: OpenRPG; Mayhem Gaming; DC Heros: Young Justice

System: DC Adventures using 3rd edition rules.

Players needed: 4(GM's choice)

Character creation: PL 11 house rules may apply later.

Current Characters:
Marcus/Iron Titan: Tech and science genius using powered armor.

Steven/Mayhem: Super Strong super tough and can teleport.

The story so far:

After stopping an attempted bank robbery by men with laser rifles Marcus starting doing research into there creation and soon comes across the name Overlord. One week after the robbery the town is still talking about the strange hero in armor. During lunch hour Marcus and five other students are called to meet with their new teacher Ms. Ross. Once in her office they discover that she is a member of the Justice League sent to offer each of them a chance to train as Junior member of the Justice League. Some are more thrilled than others.

Over the next few weeks the team under goes a number of training exercise at a manor prepare by Ms Ross in hopes of improving teamwork and trust. It doesn't work as well as she would like.

After a failed training mission the team learns that a group of terrorists have attack City Hall and are threaten to set off a bomb unless they are given several millions dollars. While attempting to negotiate with the terrorists one member is able to sneak into the building and finds the mayor. At the same time Mayhem is able to see the bomb and teleports himself inside and launches the bomb into orbit. While the team catches the last of the attackers and sends them to prison Superman is sent to collect the bomb in hopes of learning it's origins. Soon after MS Ross leaves the Mansion saying that the Watchtower has been attacked.

Willing doing research Marcus realizes that the past several events have all been connected to someone calling himself OVerlord who has made a number of threats against the Justice League in the past and is believed to have stolen tech from a number of inventors.

With Ms Ross out investigating the Watchtower attack one of the team sneaks out to visit the new girl from school. Marcus goes to bring him back home so they can discuss the new discovery when DARA(the teams AI security system) sounds the alarm just before there comms are blocked. Upon returning the Manor Marcus is attacked by the Air Defence System and Mayhem is fighting against the internal security systems. Finally Marcus is able to cutoff the hack but not before Overlord is able to steal Iron Titan's design blueprints and personal information. Just as Ms Ross returns they are forced to shutdown DARA preventing anything else from being stolen. Realizing the situation she orders Marcus to remain at the base she then tells the team she has discovered a small technology company working as a front for Overlord and they need to find an employee named Nicholas Tesla.

Over hearing the conversation Marcus sneaks out of the Manor. As the team works it's way to the company computers Marcus smashes his way into the building and forcing everyone to evacuate. as Marcus finds Tesla's boss he discovers that it is this man, not Tesla, who works for Overlord and has been expecting Marcus and the team. Marcus is able to force the man to flee the building after tricking into thinking his armor has been disabled by the man EMP weapon. As the man flees Marcus meets up with the team and hurries to Tesla's lab only to find him gone. As they gather evidence of Overlords work the team is stormed by an anit metahuman law enforcement team forcing them to run. As they escape the building an implosion device planted by Overlord destroys the building making it appear to have been caused by Marcus.

Having returned to the Manor with Ms Ross Marcus reveal what he has learned as well as the fact that Nicholas Tesla is his father who helped him develop his armor so Marcus could escape a group trying to force him into building illegal weapons.

A week passes during which Marcus is only rare seen outside his lab in which not even DARA can observe his actions. Finally rejoining the team they discover that two new classmates at the high school are not what they seem and try to investigate. Later that night Mayhem discovers his family has been attacked and his aunt and little sister are missing. As Marcus and Mayhem attempt to track the attackers another member of the team is attacked by a robot trying to disguise itself as a new girl he likes from school. After defeating the robot Marcus discovers it had originally been programed to defend the girls family.

Soon after the team discovers a signal that appears to control the robots and is able to track it to a military base outside town.
"So I, sort of threw myself out of the passenger seat of a moving car. Don't look at me like that. I'm telling you it made sense at the time." -Harry Dresden Fool Moon

kytanos
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Replacements for DC Adventures game!

Postby kytanos » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:43 pm

I may be interested, Do you have any points of live contact, such as AIM, YiM, MSN, Skype, Ventrilo, Teamspeak or another communication service. I prefer to speak or text live as it's both more social and significantly quicker then spending a week sending back and forth messages. I could still use the forums if you wish.

To help you, I will say how I am as a player and my preferences for roleplaying games. I greatly value group compatibility and mutual interest, as games are much more entertaining and cohesive when you don't have the loot crazy powergamer with the narrative high story roleplayer. If you find me incompatible please feel free to tell me I am not allowed in your game, I will not be offended. If you are willing to have me in your game I would speak with you some time soon.

Here is my preferences, style, possible benefits stemming from my personality, possible problems and flaws.

I prefer games with a degree of depth, story, and character interaction. I have always placed a higher value on the narrative and cinematic feel of a game then the raw mechanics or numbers on a character sheet. Though this story first perspective has gotten me into hot water more then a few times, especially when the system does not quite support the exact idea I was attempting to implement.

Similarly, I do not enjoy high combat games, or games that have combat for the sake of combat. All conflict must have a meaning in some form. I must have x encounters per session is not a valid reason for combat in my eyes. I can enjoy games with high action, but this action must make sense in the context of the story and the setting. I understand some sessions may have no combat, while if your storming the celestial keep the whole session may be nothing but one big epic battle. Any combat to roleplay ratio that is to high tends to burn me out, as I get most of my enjoyment from the story, characters, and interaction. I want to roleplay my character, not roll play my character sheet.

As for the Game-master's side of the equation, Ive always liked a dice lord who is willing to bend the rules to suit the story, for reasons stated above. It also helps if their a merciful and kind gm, Not in the term's of sheltering my character's. Lord knows I hurt the poor fools enough on my own, but in making sure the party survives to the end of the session. I put quite a significant amount of work into most player character's that boil out of my brainpan and it is a major disappointment to see a twenty game old character die because a single orc crit his attack roll.

I view such a stalwart character in the series should be given a fitting end at least. That is to say, Im not very found of the old Death By Dice. Though terminal stupidity and narrative expiration are still well on the menu. I think cleverness should be rewarded with praise and success, while stupidity with a evil grin on the gm's face and a character sheet soon to resemble confetti.

I do not have much gamer's in my local area that suit my rather specific tastes, So I often resort to online gathering's. However it's rather hard to find both a game and a gm that suits my tastes while still being a decent person. Perhaps my standard's are too high. but If I have to go without gaming for a month or two every once in awhile at-least I can remember the experiences I did have fondly.

As for settings, I have always liked an element of the mystical or fantastic. I simply can not play in a modern or historical setting. Though this is compounded by the fact I also create rather, unique characters. It is much harder for me to do so when I do not have the narrative tools at my disposal that exist in more exotic campaigns.

Though I will admit bob the account can make a good PC when played by the right player. It is simply not my style nor interest to play such a character. Every PC I have, has an element of the strange or special in them. Though I try to add actual complexity and depth to the character's personality in addition to giving the gm plenty of plothooks to work with. I also make absolutely sure any plot is completely ignorable. I do not wish to force the GM to focus on me, only to give him a variety of narrative tools and an interesting character for his story. I despise those try to play something non-conventional then arrive with a caricature of a personality and barely any thought given to the concept. I also strongly dislike Mary Sues.

Finally, as for who I am as a person. I am typically nice, but blunt. I am a strong believer in feedback and constructive criticism. Please inform me ahead of time if you do not want to hear my opinions. I understand some individuals do not wish to hear when they did something wrong and can get quite irate when informed of their own flaws even in a polite manner. I enjoy helping other players and the gm if all possible and can sit for hours while someone else engages their own character plot alone. I am patient, capable of getting enjoyment by just watching.

While I prefer voice chat I am capable of engaging in text, but a slowdown is very frustrating to me and disengages me from the game. It is optimal that all players are reasonably fast responders and if things proceed at a slow pace typing wise I am very likely to quit the campaign.

GreatArelius1
Henchman
Henchman

Postby GreatArelius1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:03 am

I know I departed cause my Monday are draining me but what happened to the others?

sdeligar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby sdeligar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:36 pm

kytanos: From what you said I don't think this is the game for you then. Though I'm not the one making the call it will be Ryu (the GM) who decides who plays. However the decision is made based on the character so if you want to try making a character I would suggest writing one out and posting it here.

GreatArelius1: Mimic just kind of vanished on us and I have no idea what happened to Ai.
"So I, sort of threw myself out of the passenger seat of a moving car. Don't look at me like that. I'm telling you it made sense at the time." -Harry Dresden Fool Moon

kytanos
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kytanos » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 pm

I will trust your judgement. I posted all that so any conflicting factor's could be seen ahead of time. As for a character I had one in mind but that's irrelevant now. If the group is simply plays a different style of game then what I am used to I can understand.

sdeligar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby sdeligar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 pm

You never can tell though. Post your character concept and if it's one that we think will add into the game then we are definitely willing to at least try fitting it into the game. That's why I suggested posting a character instead of your personal information.

sdeligar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby sdeligar » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:39 pm

We are still looking for players. Please tell us about any characters you might like to play.

Novac
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Novac » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:22 pm

Do you use voice chat of some sort or is it strictly text based?

sdeligar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby sdeligar » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Currently it's strictly text based however it probably wouldn't be to hard to convince at least some people to use something like team speak.

Novac
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Novac » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:38 am

I could go for a voice enabled game. I've tried text only before and it turned out to be sort of frustrating with a limited buffer to see the text you are entering and people that are too impatient to allow you to enter your action. It usually ended up with the "one line wonders" running the game and those of us who try to make a richer detail to their posts being stuck with, "I follow x".

bobbyblues
Bystander
Bystander

Postby bobbyblues » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:16 am

I'm really interested in a Mutants & Masterminds game. I played it one time for a guys podcast and I loved the system and being super! Hell yeah. I'm not digging the text based part though, I'm not good with words and also its boring to me waiting for a text seeing as how I am impatient guy, but if you were willing to go voice and wouldn't mind having a noob aboard Id love to join you.

Return to “Player Locator”