ECK Skype game [Full]

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Re: ECK Skype game

Postby Greldor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:24 pm

I think I finally made a character that I like. She is a witch in a similar mold as Rachel Morgan from the Hollows series.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Sounds like a cool character concept, waiting on the newest book in the series to make it over here to the UK.

Exacus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Exacus » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm afraid im unfamiliar with the books myself.

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:49 am

The Hollows series is probably my most enjoyed series since the original Dragonlance. I'm sure I could spend tons of hours reworking the character to be more accurate, but if I did, then I'd be playing Rachel Morgan and not my own. lol BTW, how would you like for us to send you a character sheet? I have Hero Lab so I can send over a file, or even just a pdf if you'd prefer.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:08 am

Ivy is so cool in the series enjoying the style of the vampires. Looking forward to seeing how your character looks on paper.

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:12 am

I mainly went with two Magic Arrays. One is Earth Magic with the removable flaw, and Demon Magic that doesn't have the removable flaw. I figure as we develop I will put more AEs for expanding her spells.

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:15 am

I also took the Ritualist and Artificer advantages to let her make the one time spells for when they are needed.

Onion Bubs
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Onion Bubs » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Just want to check, is this still a) going, and b) needing more players? If yes to both, I would like to register tentative interest.

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:48 pm

On second thought I changed the build. I got rid of the idea of an Earth Magic Array. I figure, most of those spells she casts she had to spend time creating, so the Artificer advantage would cover it. All of the Leyline/Demon magic spells, I put into an Array, and gave her some equipment like her pain relief amulets and splat gun to shoot her sleeping potions. With the points saved I gave her some self defense classes lol

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:28 pm

You might want to drop artificer as that relates more to magic item creations and just make use of ritual with boosted skill in expertise magic as i think thats what your going for in style. Could have it that you goto a magic shop for your magic items you need or relate that to my character to give it that link into the game.

Here is my character concept, working on the back story to go with the idea. Borrowed a few ideas from a character i saw in one of the M&M pdfs i have.

Madame Macabre - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 5, Awareness 10, Presence 5

Advantages
Artificer, Attractive, Benefit, Status: Illuminati Society, Benefit, Status: Minor Celebrity, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Benefit: guidance from the Modrossus, Connected, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 8, Fascinate (Persuasion), Fearless, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Skill Mastery: Persuasion, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 0 (+0), Athletics 0 (+0), Close Combat Unarmed 0 (+0), Expertise Actress 0 (+5), Expertise Magic 1 (+16), Insight 0 (+10), Intimidate 0 (+5), Investigation 5 (+10), Perception 0 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10), Ranged Combat: Magical Mastery 9 (+9), Sleight of Hand 0 (+0), Stealth 0 (+0), Technology 0 (+5), Treatment 0 (+5), Vehicles 0 (+0)

Powers
Conjure Cloak (Removable)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Dodge +8 (+8), Fortitude +8 (+10), Parry +8 (+8))
- Feature: Feature 1 (Notes: self-cleaning and repairing)
- Feature: Feature 10 (Notes: dimensional pocket, store up to rank 10 mass)

Enchantment of Ios: Enhanced Trait 3 (Advantages: Attractive, Fascinate (Persuasion), Skill Mastery: Persuasion)

Illuminati Master Ring (Removable)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Benefit, Status: Illuminati Society)
- Immunity: Immunity 1 (Aging)
- Senses: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Mental, Illuminati Society)

Magical Mastery
- White Bolts of the Modrossus: Blast 11 (DC 26; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Multiattack; Custom 20: Boost from Mask)
AE All-Seeing Eyes of Abbridon: Remote Sensing 10 (Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual - Auditory, Mental, Range: 4 miles; Custom 20: Boost from Mask)
AE Dispel of the Modrossus: Nullify 11 (Counters: Magic, DC 21; Broad; Custom 20: Boost from Mask)
AE Light Constructs of the Modrossus: Create 8 (Volume: 250 cft., DC 18; Impervious, Movable; Custom 20: Boost from Mask)
AE Light of the Modrossus: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception; Custom 20: Boost from Mask, Limited: to Vision)
AE Mists of the Modrossus: Progressive Burst Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Progressive, Selective; Custom 20: Boost from Mask, Limited: to Blanking Recent Memories)
AE Star Demons of Sirrion: Summon 7 (Controlled, Multiple Minions: 2 minions; Custom 20: Boost from Mask)

Mask of the Modrossus (Removable)
- Aegis of Abbridon: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness)
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Awareness 10 (+10 AWE)
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Presence 5 (+5 PRE)
- Enhanced Magic: Energy Absorption(magic) 20 (Boost: - Magical Mastery -)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 5 (Advantages: Benefit: guidance from the Modrossus, Fearless, Luck, Ritualist, Skill Mastery Expertise:Magic)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Expertise Magic +10 (+15))
- Illusions of Idolon: Illusion 1 (Affects: One Sense Type - Visual, Area: 2 cft., DC 11; Alternate Resistance: Will)
- Immunity: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
- Senses: Senses 4 (Awareness: Magic, Awareness: Cosmic, Detect: Magic 2: ranged)

Medallion of the Modrossus (Removable)
- Light of Lamal: Cumulative Affliction 2 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Will, DC 12; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: to Vision)
AE Abjuration of Abbridon: Nullify 1 (Counters: Binding, darkness and evil summoning, DC 11; Increased Range: perception, Simultaneous)
AE Insight of the Modrossus: Mind Reading 2 (DC 12)

Equipment
Skyscraper (5 floors)- team hq
Toughness 14, Size Large
Features:
Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Defense
System, Fire Prevention System, Grounds, Gym, Infirmary,
Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System,
Secret 2, Security System 2, Workshop
Powers
Teleport: Teleport 6 (Carry 6 tons; Extended: 60 miles in 2
move actions, Increased Mass 8; Limited to Extended)

Costume [Feature: Feature 4, Notes: Commlink, Computer, Emergency Signal, GPS; Immunity: Immunity 1, Custom: Personal Powers]

Horror House
Toughness 14, Size Huge
Features:
Defense Systems, Dimensional Portal, Fire Prevention System,
Grounds, Gym, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Library, Living Space,
Power System, Secret 3, Security System 4, Self-repairing 2,
Temporal Limbo 2, Workshop

Offense
Initiative +4
Dispel of the Modrossus: Nullify 11, +9 (DC Will 21)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Light of the Modrossus: Cumulative Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Mists of the Modrossus: Progressive Burst Area Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)
White Bolts of the Modrossus: Blast 11, +9 (DC 26)

Complications
Always Has Time for a Fan: Appeals to vanity, celebrity status, and similar tactics work exceptionally well on Madame Macabre. She is no fool, but she loves adoring fans.

Enemy: Extra dimensional powers of evil magic/magicians

Horrorphile: Madame Macabre loves horror films and stories, creepy locations, and other such things.

Motivation: Responsibility: (The Sorceror Supreme)- Madame Macabre is at the forefront of all magical-related situations, as well as universal threats.

Power Loss: Magical spells are dependent upon verbal components and hand-movements. If Madame Macabre is tied up, bound, snared or anything else, she will be unable to cast spells.

Secret: (The Illuminati) - A member of a secret cabal of world powers devoted to protecting humanity, even while keeping tremendous secrets from it.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8/0, Parry 8/0, Fortitude 10/6, Toughness 12, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 117 + Advantages 17 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 158

Backstory
Monique was working as an Alchemist for "The Illuminati" in Tunguska, Russia, in 1908 when she was given the Mask of the Modrossus, and with it the Medallion of the Modrossus from her teacher The Avacyn. Ever since then she has been hunting for the other trappings of The Avacyn. Once she started wearing the mask to harness its power, she began calling herself Madame Macabre.

Wanting to keep up with social media and world wide trends, she allowed her job as an Alchemist for "The Illuminati" to take a back seat, and started working as an actress; managing to get parts as an extra in some popular horror movies.
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:06 am, edited 36 times in total.

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 am

A good idea. I'll drop the artificer and just keep the ritualist. Now that I see what you are playing, that is a great way to connect our characters. Hehe, well time to enjoy making a few more adjustments.

Exacus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Exacus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 am

Sorry i sort of dropped the ball yesterday folks.

Greldor wrote:The Hollows series is probably my most enjoyed series since the original Dragonlance. I'm sure I could spend tons of hours reworking the character to be more accurate, but if I did, then I'd be playing Rachel Morgan and not my own. lol BTW, how would you like for us to send you a character sheet? I have Hero Lab so I can send over a file, or even just a pdf if you'd prefer.

Im Fine with you posting it here as text or linking me to a rollcall thread or Send the pdf or portfolio, anything at all really. I just need to check it over and ask questions about the intended use of things.

Onion Bubs wrote:Just want to check, is this still a) going, and b) needing more players? If yes to both, I would like to register tentative interest.

The game is still happening and yes we have an opening, feel free to post your concept so i can put it up on the main post

Onion Bubs
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Onion Bubs » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:11 am

OK. I recently applied for a PbP game on here with a character who was essentially someone transformed into a living cartoon character. Since I didn't get into that game, I was thinking of adapting that character to this game.

Failing that, I could always bring out a monkey scientist I once wrote up for funsies.

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:11 pm

btw since it will be run using skype, what is the skype id so I can add you to my contacts list?

Mine is jasonmbean

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Added you to my list of contacts.

Return to “Player Locator”