ECK Skype game [Full]

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Re: ECK Skype game [Full]

Postby Ashathor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Okay so I'm looking at arrays and they sound like they can be useful to simulate having a variety of weapons to use for different situations that all share a common theme. however, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to build an array and I can't really find a good tutorial on it. I've looked at examples, but I'm unsure how to even begin creating one.

Say for example I make an array for Sal's arsenal guns, how would I be able to keep the functionality of a penetrating, long-range rifle shot and rapid-firing pistols? And if that is possible, could I even add other weapons into this 'array' like shotguns or even later down the road create new grenade-type arrays? I'm also not sure how it will reduce cost, does it all come from a shared pool of points or what? I'm really confused. :cry:

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:23 pm

The easiest way to do it would be to take the most expensive of your gun powers and stat that up. Then as an Alternate Effect, you build a second gun power. Now it has to be equal to or less than the first power, but it only cost 1 point to make. The drawback is that you can't use both powers at the same time. You would either shoot the first gun, or you shoot the second gun. You can keep adding in more and more powers, each one costing 1 extra point, but once again if you have 4 AE's, you can still only ever use 1 at a time. It works really well for an arsenal of weapons, because you really don't ever shoot more than one at a time anyways. Since it only costs 1pp do add a new AE, each time we earn some points you can add another gun to your weapon array. Here is an example.

Big Gun Attack Blast 10. That will cost you 20 points. So everything else you add must have a total cost under 20 points. So lets add, double pistols as a blast 10. That would cost 20 points, so it fits in as an AE. Now your total cost would be

Big Gun Attack 20
AE- double pistols 1
for a total of 21 points.

Add in a shotgun as a Blast with a multi attack modifier, we would have to lower the rank of the blast or pick up another flaw to balance it out, so lets give it a reduced range so it evens out at 20 points. So your total would be

Big Gun 20pts
AE-pistols 1pt
AE-shotgun 1pt
Total cost 22 points and as always you can only shoot one gun in a round.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:31 pm

OHHHH I think I get it now, and holy crap that is useful. Thanks a lot for the explanation, working on tweaking him again now and hopefully fixing those horrible defenses. :D

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Yah some bits that one has to know the game well to figure out how to make a character better. Looking forward to the game :)

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:30 pm

Alright I've edited the sheet and my defenses are a helluva lot better and I've changed a few things around. I'm logging off for tonight, so if anything is incorrect I'll fix it Monday. Thanks soo much for helping me out. :)

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Ok this power is a problem as you cant exceed blast 10 with any kind of area of effect.

Shotgun(Invented, Technological): Blast 15, Area Cone 15, Penetrating 6.

What i would suggest is this Shotgun: Blast 10, area cone, selective then add penetrating with what is left. A suggested "Selective" so you dont hit everyone in the cone like other players or civilians.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:23 am

Had a look over your build and rebuilt it let me know what you think of it now.

Agent Salazar - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 7, Dexterity 5, Fighting 0, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4: Dual Pistols: Blast 7, Improved Critical 4: Silenced Sniper Rifle: Blast 15, Quick Draw, Skill Mastery: Stealth

Skills
Acrobatics 7 (+14), Athletics 8 (+10), Expertise: Soldier 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+8), Stealth 3 (+10), Technology 2 (+3)

Powers
Guns (Easily Removable)
- Dual Pistols: Blast 7 (DC 22, Advantages: Benefit, Ambidexterity, Improved Critical 4, Quick Draw; Accurate 4: +8, Multiattack, Penetrating 15, Ricochet 5: 5 bounces, Subtle: subtle)
AE Shotgun: Cone Area Blast 10 (DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Penetrating 10, Selective)
AE Silenced Sniper Rifle: Blast 15 (DC 30, Advantages: Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4; Extended Range 5, Penetrating 10, Subtle: subtle)

Power Armor (Removable)
- Communication: Radio Communication 3
- Concealment: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses)
- Force Field: Force Field 4 (+4 Toughness)
- Hud: Enhanced Trait 3 (Traits: Insight +6 (+10), Advantages: Assessment)
- Immunity: Immunity 4 (Disease, Poison, Suffocation (All))
- Movement
... Jet pack: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
AE Enhanced Myomers: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
AE Movement: Movement 1 (Swinging)
- Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
- Sensors: Senses 3 (Danger Sense: Visual, Infravision, Low-light Vision)

Offense
Initiative +7
Dual Pistols: Blast 7, +13 (DC 22)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 12)
Shotgun: Cone Area Blast 10 (DC 25)
Silenced Sniper Rifle: Blast 15, +5 (DC 30)
Throw, +5 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 17)

Complications
Enemy: Former associates he betrayed.
Motivation: Doing Good: A desire to make up for his past misdeeds, to make a difference for the better.
Secret: Worked with and was a part of unsavory groups such as a terrorists, criminals and villainous mercs.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 68 + Advantages 1 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 150
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:27 am

It looks fine, but I do have a few things to ask/point out.

1: The reason I had insight is assessment is based off of it, so without it I'm just going to be rolling a +4 VS a deception check. So without extra insight, I'm unsure if it is much use for people I'd actually want to use it against.

2: Is it not suggested to increase an area attacks rank past one? I read that it can be dodged for half damage, but I'm unsure how helpful that can be.

3: Outside of flavor, is force-field being considered as a sustained power? I'm okay with it if it is, I'm just wondering cause it wasn't listed.

4:Are the advantages really locked to specific powers, or can they be used by multiple things? I didn't think most advantages were locked, except the ones like improved critical.

Other than that it mostly looks good. I would like to have dark-vision instead of low-light, but for the most part it's fine. I'll possibly tweak the build later today, oh and thanks for organizing it better. :)

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 am

Glad to help you out with the build.

1: The reason I had insight is assessment is based off of it, so without it I'm just going to be rolling a +4 VS a deception check. So without extra insight, I'm unsure if it is much use for people I'd actually want to use it against.

I can see if i can boost your insight as part of your armor like a hud style effect.

2: Is it not suggested to increase an area attacks rank past one? I read that it can be dodged for half damage, but I'm unsure how helpful that can be.

Increasing the area more than 1 just doubles the size of the area of effect.

3: Outside of flavor, is force-field being considered as a sustained power? I'm okay with it if it is, I'm just wondering cause it wasn't listed.

Was just for flavor as when i think of powered armor its kind of like iron man or space marine style, kind of a low grade field that repulses an attack. Protection is more like armor plating so went with a more high tech feel to your armor. Yes Forcefield is sustained as it says that next to the powers duration on herolab.

4:Are the advantages really locked to specific powers, or can they be used by multiple things? I didn't think most advantages were locked, except the ones like improved critical.

Just felt they worked better with the weapons they were closer to like quick draw and ambidextrous for the dual pistols. Improved aim for your snipers rifle

Other than that it mostly looks good. I would like to have dark-vision instead of low-light, but for the most part it's fine

Was mostly cause of cost as dark vision is 2 pp and with infravision/low light vision you get the same effects and for cheaper cost which i was able to bring up your defenses upto pl 10.
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 am

Was able to move around some points on the build. Let me know if you like the changes.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:20 am

I like what you did with the stealth/insight, though I'm wondering about the weapons. If I counted them all correct, is it possible to boost up the AE in guns to all be of equal power? So I counted the powers costing 52, 50, and 51. It is possible to maximize them, right? For the shotgun I would boost the damage up by a point, unless there is a cap for AoE weapons. Sniper... I guess just boosting up the range is sufficient.

A similar thing for movement with maximizing. I could enhance the grapple hook by a rank, though for speed I'm thinking of boosting acrobatics/athletics with enhanced trait if that's possible. But I really like the flavor as it's pretty much what I'm going for. Oh and I 'do' have a picture of him, if you want me to post it there. And again, thanks so much for helping me out. I really do love building characters from other systems, but this one has a lot of cool features I'm still trying to get a handle on so the assist is appreciated.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:32 am

Yes you could boost them all to be the same points value, no you can not boost the shotgun up as with an aoe it caps out at the pl of the campaign so if the game is pl 10 then the max an aoe can be is 10 ranks of effect.

Yes you can have the slots in an array being equal to the highest power in the array, small effects that work together one can add like adding a bonus to your climb under Athletics.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:06 am

Alright I've edited the main 'sheet' and maximized the two arrays so hopefully everything is all set. Oh, also added a picture of him.

*EDIT* Oh and this should be the right skype info: Khelmar1

warriorpoet
Bystander
Bystander

Postby warriorpoet » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Guys I'm sorry to do this, especially since you moved the game to accommodate me, but I have to go into work this Wednesday (which I normally don't have to do) so I have to miss the game, but I will be in the next one, if that's okay with you?

Exacus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Exacus » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Thats fine.

Return to “Player Locator”