ECK Skype game [Full]

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Re: ECK Skype game

Postby Greldor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:52 pm

I like the second concept more, but go with whatever you want to have fun with.

Quick question though, is it a dueling pistol, as in he uses it to duel others, or is it dual pistols, as in he shoots two of them at a time. While the later is probably what you meant, I'm really liking the idea of the former more. lol

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Greldor wrote:I like the second concept more, but go with whatever you want to have fun with.

Quick question though, is it a dueling pistol, as in he uses it to duel others, or is it dual pistols, as in he shoots two of them at a time. While the later is probably what you meant, I'm really liking the idea of the former more. lol

I probably will go with Sal, just gotta try my best to refine his abilities and then I'll post them here. And yes, it is two pistols and not dueling ones, though I might keep that in mind if I decide to make a musketeer type for whatever reason. :)

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:21 pm

Here's the stats for Salazar.

Agent Salazar - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 7, Dexterity 5, Fighting 0, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4: Dual Pistols: Blast 7, Improved Critical 4: Silenced Sniper Rifle: Blast 15, Quick Draw, Skill Mastery: Stealth, Benefit Cipher 2, Instant Up, Leadership, Teamwork, Takedown 2, HQ1, Interpose, Power Attack, Connected, Contacts.

Bonus Advantages
-Favored Foe: Titan.
-Security Clearance 1 A.E.G.I.S.

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+15), Athletics 8 (+10), Expertise: Soldier 8 (+9), Perception 6 (+10), Stealth 3 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+4), Technology 8 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+5), Insight 8 (12), Vehicles 4 (+9), Investigation 8 (+9)

Powers
Guns (Easily Removable)
- Dual Pistols: Blast 7 (DC 22, Advantages: Benefit, Ambidexterity, Improved Critical 4, Quick Draw; Accurate 4: +8, Multiattack, extended range 3 (200 ft, 400 ft, 800 ft) Penetrating 7, Ricochet 10: 10 bounces, Subtle: subtle, Affects Insubstantial 1, Precise, Variable Descriptor Ammo)
AE Shotgun: Cone Area Blast 10 (DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone,
Penetrating 10, Selective, Quick Draw, Affects Insubstantial 2, Subtle 1, Variable Descriptor Ammo)
AE Focused Shotgun: Blast 13, Accurate 1 (+7) Multiattack, Penetrating 13, Affects Insubstantial 1, Variable Descriptor Ammo, Quick Draw, Ricochet 1: 1 bounce, subtle 1.
AE Silenced Sniper Rifle: Blast 15 (DC 30, Quick Draw, Advantages: Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4; Extended Range 6, Penetrating 10, Subtle: subtle, Affects Insubstantial 1, Variable Descriptor Ammo.) Range = 1,600 ft, 3,200 ft, 6,400 ft.
AE Targeting Lock-On: Ranged Affliction 11, (DC 21 Dodge, First Degree Vulnerable, Second Degree Defenseless, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Progressive, Subtle 2, Accurate 2 (+9), Insidious, Reversible, Extended Range 6, Reaction Free, Limited Constant Visual Sight)

Power Armor (Removable)
- Communication: Radio Communication 3
- Concealment: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses)
- Force Field: Force Field 4 (+4 Toughness)
- Hud: Enhanced Trait 3 (Traits: Insight +8 (+20), Technology +4 (14), Advantages: Assessment)
- Immunity: Immunity 4 (Disease, Poison, Suffocation (All))
- Movement
... Jet pack: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
AE Ghost Mode: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round), Enhanced Trait 3: Stealth +10 (+20), Close Combat +2 (6)
AE Combat Mode: Movement 1 (Swinging, Speed 2: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
- Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
- Sensors: Senses 5 (Danger Sense: Visual, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Extended Sight 2)

Offense
Initiative +7
Dual Pistols: Blast 7, +13 (DC 22)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 12)
Shotgun: Cone Area Blast 10 (DC 25)
Shotgun Focused: Ranged Damage 13 (DC 28)
Silenced Sniper Rifle: Blast 15, +5 (DC 30)
Targeting Lock-On: Ranged Affliction 11 (DC 21 Dodge)
Throw, +5 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 17)

Complications
Mixed Past: Former associates from his past, each with varying relations, show up for both good or ill.
Motivation: Doing Good: A desire to make up for his past misdeeds, to make a difference for the better.
Secret: Worked with and was a part of unsavory groups such as terrorists, criminals, and villainous mercs.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12, Will 8

Abilities 46 + Powers 74 + Advantages 13 (15) + Skills 17 (65 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 171 (173)
Last edited by Ashathor on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Looks good to me and you add a much needed flavor to the current hero team.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:47 am

You need to change that accurate 3 on your pistol to accurate 2 as your over the cap would suggest that you just add this to it enhanced skill pistol +1 or boost the damage to 6.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Re: ECK Skype game [Full]

Postby Ashathor » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:53 am

I did notice that, wasn't sure if it would just be a dead-weight point or if I had to find some work-around. I lowered accurate back to 2 and put in a rank in skills to give the same attack for the pistols and added the extra point to tech, hopefully it's alright now.

Exacus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Exacus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:02 am

Other than what aeryrn already said, looks solid to me, though I'm unfamiliar with that "burst" means on the sniper rifle. and you seem to be under cap on your defences a touch, might not be a problem though with such a good toughness score. that said a dodge of 10 with a toughness of 12 is actually over-cap by 2, (the sum of your Dodge/parry and toughness has a max of PL*2.

maybe consider spending those freed up points on some battlefield tactic advantages like leadership or teamwork, or possibly combat actions, like trip or disarm; maybe just some minor immunities, like environments or suffocation if your armor would protect you from them.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:09 am

Exacus wrote:Other than what aeryrn already said, looks solid to me, though I'm unfamiliar with that "burst" means on the sniper rifle. and you seem to be under cap on your defences a touch, might not be a problem though with such a good toughness score. that said a dodge of 10 with a toughness of 12 is actually over-cap by 2, (the sum of your Dodge/parry and toughness has a max of PL*2.

maybe consider spending those freed up points on some battlefield tactic advantages like leadership or teamwork, or possibly combat actions, like trip or disarm; maybe just some minor immunities, like environments or suffocation if your armor would protect you from them.

Ah alright, didn't know the defense caps were together, fixing that sometime today. As for burst, that is a typo, it should be 'blast'. Also fixing that.

*EDIT* Turns out I completely misread defensive roll and thought it added to dodge and not toughness. Fixed my defenses and reallocated a few spare points to the suit giving it immunity to disease and poison.

Exacus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Exacus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:33 am

Ashathor wrote:
Exacus wrote:Other than what aeryrn already said, looks solid to me, though I'm unfamiliar with that "burst" means on the sniper rifle. and you seem to be under cap on your defences a touch, might not be a problem though with such a good toughness score. that said a dodge of 10 with a toughness of 12 is actually over-cap by 2, (the sum of your Dodge/parry and toughness has a max of PL*2.

Ah alright, didn't know the defense caps were together, fixing that sometime today. As for burst, that is a typo, it should be 'blast'. Also fixing that.

Ah Cool, thought it' might have been a multi-attack limited to a single target or something from a book i don't have.

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:52 am

Miss Fortune - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
Attractive, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 4, Diehard, Evasion 2, Favored Environment: Urban, Improved Initiative 2, Improvised Tools, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck 5, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Expertise: Streetwise 8 (+8), Insight 8 (+10), Perception 10 (+12), Sleight of Hand 18 (+20)

Powers
Accidents Happen: Damage 10 (accidental, luck, DC 25; Increased Range 2: perception, Indirect 4: any point, any direction, Penetrating 6, Subtle 2: undetectable, Variable Descriptor: close group - Accidents)
. . Avoidance: Deflect 12 (Alternate; Accurate 4: +8, Indirect 4: any point, any direction, Innate, Reflect, Subtle 2: undetectable)
. . Jinxed: Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Impaired, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Disabled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Extra Condition, Increased Range 2: perception, Indirect 4: any point, any direction, Insidious, Subtle 2: undetectable; Limited Degree)
. . Oops Sorry: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, Custom: Personal Immunity, Reaction 3: reaction, Subtle 2: undetectable; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
Always wins at games of chance: Feature 1
Hoodie with Dimensional Pocket for Donuts: Feature 1
Luck Loves a Lady: Senses 1 (Danger Sense: Sight)
Lucky Dodge (Advantages: Defensive Roll 4, Evasion 2, Uncanny Dodge)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 22 (Traits: Dodge +10 (+12), Parry +12 (+12))
Lucky Girl: Luck Control 1 (Force a Re-roll, Advantages: Luck 5; Limited: to actions which engage her)
My Computer Hates Me: Concealment 10 (All Senses; Limited to Machines, Permanent)
Parkour: Movement 7 (Environmental Adaptation: Urban, Safe Fall, Sure-footed 3, Wall-crawling 2: full speed; Limited: to Moving in Urban Environments)
Skateboard: Speed 4 (Easily Removable, Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Sugar Rush: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds; Source: Sugary Snacks)

Offense
Initiative +10
Accidents Happen: Damage 10 (DC 25)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Jinxed: Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Oops Sorry: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Accident: Bad things just seem to happen around her, and many unexplained things seem to follow her around as well.
Fame: An Action Hero with her own line of figurines.
Quirk: She has a lot of trouble getting machines to work for her. The automatic doors never work for her, she can't be heard on the other end of a phone, and she was once stuck in an elevator for hours.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12/2, Parry 12/0, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8/4, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 107 + Advantages 11 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 163

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2014 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Last edited by Greldor on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

warriorpoet
Bystander
Bystander

Postby warriorpoet » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:34 am

I'm probably going to play a techie type to a certain degree or at least in a fashion...

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:54 am

Grabbed Ritualist and some of the senses that the mask had, will work on adding details of her backstory later today.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:33 pm

I readjusted my character including a higher ability score, danger sense, and a visual cloak to the armor, though my defenses are still fairly crappy. Also, should I post my Skype here or in a PM?

Greldor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greldor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Those are some really crappy defenses. lol Have you thought about putting all of your weapon attacks together into an array and the points you save from doing that should let you improve your defenses some.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Umm.... I have no idea how to do arrays. I'll look into it after dinner.

Return to “Player Locator”