campaign document

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
DemonEtrigan
Bystander
Bystander

campaign document

Postby DemonEtrigan » Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 am

Does anyone have an example of a campaign outline document for handing out to players or recording the details of your campaign in? Also wondered if anyone had a template for HEro/villain briefings?

Thanks

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: campaign document

Postby saint_matthew » Sat May 11, 2013 12:22 am

DemonEtrigan wrote:Does anyone have an example of a campaign outline document for handing out to players or recording the details of your campaign in?

Yes, but no.

Yes i have one somewhere... No i do not currently have access to it. Its on one of the many DG/GM DVD's i've burnt off & packed up. Strangley M&M is one of the systems i do not use a template for Game Manifestos for.

However i would suggest my own series of "8 tips" found here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46709 which includes tips for starting a new game, including creating a player/series manifesto

An since you asked so pretty, i'll do you up a quick mock up

SERIES NAME GOES HERE
SUB TITLE GOES HERE

POWER LEVEL/ POWER POINTS: PL 10/150
PL PROGRESSION:
CAMPAIGN SETTING:
CAMPAIGN SCALE:
CAMPAIGN STYLE:

GENRE/DESCRIPTION: One paragraph elevator pitch. Easiest way to write this is this: Explain the concept of any run of the Justice League to some one who doesn’t know or care about comics. This is essentially a short blurb for the series, like you would find on the back of a novel.

OVERVIEW SYNOPSIS
General Description of the implied status quo goes here. This would include a quick run down of the setting, the players role in it & if necessary an explanation of the scale, setting or style. This section should also include any “before the first session information.” For example, if you decide not to play the initial “you are approached by a stranger in a tavern” encounter & just want an already built team, this is where you explain what has come before.

Think of this section as spelling out all the sections above it. Expand on the elevator pitch that makes up yout genre/description, explain the setting, the scale & the style.

SUGGESTED READING MATERIAL
- name a few suitable
- books as reading material
- with notes on what the reader could get out of it
- Such as tone, character thematic, types of powers expected

CHARACTER GENERATION RULES
Where the Overview Synopsis gives a ball-park figure on what you expect from players, here is where you can list exactly what you expect both in the form of character concept & also in the form of character building. There are many ways to do this. My earliest manifesto literally had a list of powers & a list of themes that I found troublesome, or just straight up banned as being inappropriate for the setting.

So if you’ve decided to run a straight up Busiek-esque, Avengers-esque game, here is where you clearly state that anyone trying to play The Punisher needs to go back to the drawing board.

Here is also where you can talk about what you will & will not accept as Complications. This can be a great opportunity to build the PC’s directly into the setting: Maybe allow a PC to have a full stat-ed rival, or arch nemesis as a complication.

GENERAL RULES
Spell out any specific rules here, such as what model you are planning on using for power level advancement, if any.

Copy, stick into word, make it pretty & make it your own. But make sure you save a copy somewhere on your hard drive, because you will end up updating it quite a bit during the life of the game.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

DemonEtrigan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby DemonEtrigan » Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Thats a great outline and similar to ones I have used before. Just wondered if anyone had one already made up :)

Etherial Ghost
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Etherial Ghost » Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 am

"The difficult we do immediately, The impossible takes a little longer!"

Return to “Fan Resources”