.por files for H&V I?

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: .por files for H&V I?

Postby JDRook » Wed May 16, 2012 10:49 pm

I actually have a dropbox account already. Giving out a link would likely be the easiest system.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sun May 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Okay, I've got it all together. This should be all of the Heroes & Villains from both volumes, plus the minions and animals from the back of the second volume. Right-click to save it, or it may come out as html. It's a bit messy, but it should be complete, and in any case it should easily save you days worth of typing. There may be a few bits and pieces of my own stuff in there, mostly mods to existing characters in my attempt to customize them to my liking. Rather than painstakingly fishing them out I'm just dropping the whole package.

It's about 35MB, and on my machine takes about a minute to load, so be patient. I've saved it as a .stock file in the hopes of using it like the other stock portfolios included with HeroLab's M&M modules, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make it visible in the Stock list. It still works exactly like a .por file, so you can still use it to import and export individual or groups of heroes. I would recommend exporting heroes out into separate portfolios of no larger than 20-30 so they are a little easier to navigate. Divide up how you see fit (by letter, by team, by series, whatever).

Happy Gaming!
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

Roman Virtue
Hero
Hero

Postby Roman Virtue » Sun May 20, 2012 2:56 pm

So I downloaded this into my desktop, but when I try to open it, a window pops up saying that it can't be opened and that Windows needs to know what program created it. What am I doing wrong here? Any tech literate folks out there able to help?
Legends Never Die!!!
Roman Virtues Facebook

SeeleyOne
Henchman
Henchman

Postby SeeleyOne » Sun May 20, 2012 3:16 pm

I downloaded it, and it works great. Thanks!

As for opening it on the file, try loading up the Hero Lab first, and then open the file by choosing "Open File" (from the window when Hero Lab opens up into Mutants and Masterminds 3) or "Open Portfolio" (from the Files menu).
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.

Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun May 20, 2012 3:45 pm

To make it show up in the stock portfolio list, just drop it in the ProgramData folder (by default C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\mutants3).

As regards opening it up, HeroLab should be set to open .stock portfolios by itself. If not, try opening HeroLab and then selecting the .stock file (Use File/Open Portfolio and navigate to the correct directory. It automatically detects the .stock files).

Roman Virtue
Hero
Hero

Postby Roman Virtue » Sun May 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Got it! Thanks for the help! And thanks for all that work!!
Legends Never Die!!!
Roman Virtues Facebook

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sun May 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Glad it's working. And now that I have that stock file in the right folder, it's a lot faster to scan through names to quickly build up teams. Thanks, Fuzzy!

My Rules Musings in 3e

insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby insaniac99 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:09 am

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Edit: now we just need to get them for Vol 2..... at least my download didn't include them...

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 am

insaniac99 wrote:Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Edit: now we just need to get them for Vol 2..... at least my download didn't include them...

That's not right. There's only one link and everybody else is getting all of them. It's a long list, you are getting down past L, right?

My Rules Musings in 3e

Roman Virtue
Hero
Hero

Postby Roman Virtue » Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 am

Yeah, I was able to get the whole list it looks like. I just did a quick scan, it goes from a-z, though I did wonder a bit looking for Zsasz (listed last in the pdf), then found him under "V". Again, I can't say thank you enough!
Legends Never Die!!!
Roman Virtues Facebook

insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby insaniac99 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 pm

JDRook wrote:
insaniac99 wrote:Awesome! Thanks a lot!

That's not right. There's only one link and everybody else is getting all of them. It's a long list, you are getting down past L, right?

AWESOME! I meant the H&V vol 2 didn't include them. I didn't have a chance to install the file into Hero Lab yet and I assumed that as per the topic name, it was just those from vol 1.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Mon May 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Roman Virtue wrote:Yeah, I was able to get the whole list it looks like. I just did a quick scan, it goes from a-z, though I did wonder a bit looking for Zsasz (listed last in the pdf), then found him under "V". Again, I can't say thank you enough!

Yeah, the alphabetizing gets tricky. I know I did "Atom, The" a few times to get all 3 Atoms near the beginning. I also had Swamp Thing's Abby Holland first until I just wrote it as "Swamp Thing - Abby Holland". Jervis Tetch is the Mad Hatter again and Constantine, John keeps our favourite hellraiser easier to find. Prefixing group names can work, too, if you want to keep the files in roughly the same order as the book.

insaniac99 wrote:AWESOME! I meant the H&V vol 2 didn't include them. I didn't have a chance to install the file into Hero Lab yet and I assumed that as per the topic name, it was just those from vol 1.

Oh, I didn't even notice the 1 in the title. For what I wanted, I needed everybody in one shot, so that was the easy file to share.

Just harnessing my OCD for the betterment of the gaming community. :)

My Rules Musings in 3e

insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby insaniac99 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Thanks again JD, I installed them after I made the post and skimmed through, it just gets better and better

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Mon May 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Now that that's done I'm considering going through all the characters and retooling them based on the Power Profile material. Give Aquaman the "Self-Powered" limit on his marine life Summons and maybe a Swarm of small fish for other effects. Clean up the Possession Power on Deadman and Jericho, maybe use some of the Talent stuff on the non-powered heroes. Things like that.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Dragonblade
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Dragonblade » Mon May 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Great work! I added it to my HeroLab install and it worked great.

Now I just need Marvel stock builds from you, or Gazman, or Legend and I'll be set. :)

Return to “Fan Resources”