.por files for H&V I?

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Re: .por files for H&V I?

Postby Foreshadow » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:34 am

For the record, part of the reason I liked DC adventures is it allowed me to become more familiar with DC characters. There are a lot of good parts of the DC universe I do like, yet many rather dumb parts too, like too much use of a low number of concepts. Batman, and 7 other 'bat-man' like characters, superman and 9 other superman like characters, and the list goes on, wonder woman, the flash, all of them have them and like half a dozen other characters cloned and slightly altered. That is the thing I don't like much about it, but over time I suppose it has grown on me. Ok, so we have donna troy and wonder girl, and speedy and aqualad and kid flash and two robins and nightwing and redhood ex-robin. I like the Red Hood because he is less 'batman like'.

One thing I do like though is the fact I can play DC Online and there is the Secret Society of Supervillains and the Justice League, and the villains have a more unified approach, though they still have conflict. That part seems more originally DC, something you won't see in marvel since partly marvel is designed to be NOT that, not the DC approach. You might have Masters of Evil, but not Masters of Evil plus most other villains working somewhat together. I suppose you could have that, with Doom creating the worlds first villains super-organization.

Hey Marvel, that is an actual viable summer cross over idea for you. House of Ideas that is Marvel why not do that. Have House of Doom (much like House of M I suppose) where Doom gathers a group of villains under one banner, and like DC, the other master villains will see that membership is worth more than open conflict. In other words, they just hand wave that part of the villains organization away. Why grodd works with Lex is beyond me as Lex would embody all that grodd hates, a smart more capable human but regardless they share the same Legion of Doom.

So they'd have to do what DC does and hand wave all that. We both know though that Marvel would not do that. They're into more realism and take those seed of conflict ideas and build up a supervillain group at start of summer and by the end of the "Event" those seeds would lead to a very fundamental reason why (at least in the marvel universe) there can't be a universal villain organization in the form it exists with the Society of Villains or a Legion of Doom approach.

At the same time then I love that legion of doom approach and yet I know its sort of unrealistic and a bit oddball (and slightly stupid) on the other and logically if you work it out, its un-feasible long term but makes a great Event concept like Civil War or one of those other 'big event' ideas for a lot of comics.

If I ran Marvel I'd even do a Doom comic where I do like 50 issues and a few before the event where I introduce the idea, then while the event is going on you buy Doom, thus ensuring lots of people will buy the doom comic, and once its done tell the aftermath for doom personally in that comic.

I like DC, more so than in the past, but Marvel has a heck of a lot to offer, as much or more so than DC ever did and why like most I'm a marvel fan. There is reason why DC is a less read set of titles over the Marvel ones. I do get a sense though that GR, and a few of the professional writers are true DC fans. Perhaps because part of the writing opportunities come from DC who is forever trying to win more market share. I will say they have succeeded and I like results like young justice and the justice league unlimited series, and the many DC inspired DVD movies like the one where the Justice League fights their opposite. That is pure gold storytelling, but then I just as much enjoyed the Avengers DVD movies and the Dr. Strange DVD movie which one can only hope would make a great Marvel Movie. In fact, since the avengers live action move is out and magic is partly out of the bad and other dimensions. A Master Mage for Earth is NECESSARY, or at least somewhat. Sure they could state that Odin made a deal to lock away the horrors of other dimensions, but come on, a master mage would be rather neat, and if done right, could make at least 350 to 600 million dollars for Marvel in a way I don't think Odin Master Mage would.

Michael Hopcroft
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Michael Hopcroft » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:31 am

I apologize for the necro, but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1, and its new file management system is giving me an issue in that I cannot add files to hidden folders like ProgramData. I know because I tried. I know it's probably designed to prevent end users from fouling up vital systems and rendering the computer non-functional, and there are few if any cases where I would have to do it.

But this is one of those cases, and it does pose a problem.

If there are any Win8 users here, is there a way for the end user (and only account on the computer) to give oneself permission to add files to the ProgramData directory?
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com
Coming later in 2005: Cute Fighetrs,The Grand Defiance and Hollywood Heroteam Hotman!
New Home of the kevin & Kell RPG! Read hte comic at http://www.kevinandkell.com

insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby insaniac99 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Michael Hopcroft wrote:I apologize for the necro, but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1, and its new file management system is giving me an issue in that I cannot add files to hidden folders like ProgramData. I know because I tried. I know it's probably designed to prevent end users from fouling up vital systems and rendering the computer non-functional, and there are few if any cases where I would have to do it.

But this is one of those cases, and it does pose a problem.

If there are any Win8 users here, is there a way for the end user (and only account on the computer) to give oneself permission to add files to the ProgramData directory?

Have you tried to open the file browser with administrative privileges?

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:40 pm

They've mentioned this on the forum on the Wolf Lair forum. Some people have been able to successfully make the ProgramData directory, or a subdirectory thereof, not Read-Only by changing the properties. Others have been claiming that Windows "fixes" the setting as soon as they step out. Other than that, you can set a different data location in Hero Lab, but you have to move everything over there.

SeeleyOne
Henchman
Henchman

Postby SeeleyOne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:08 pm

It is threads like these, and people that I talk to, that make me wonder why anyone would want to have Windows 8. Everyone that I know that tried 8 went back to 7 within a week or two. I have not heard a single good thing about it when used on a desktop or laptop.
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.

Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

Return to “Fan Resources”