If you have female players...

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
chatty
Zealot
Zealot

Re: If you have female players...

Postby chatty » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Thakowsaizmu wrote:
Cinder wrote:Ha Ha Ha. You misspelled it.

Ouch. You sure showed me, didn't you? Oh whatever will I do? Why, my whole day, NAY!, week is ruined. Oh woe is I.

How is this thread still alive? Also, Thakowaismu, how, exactly, do you ruin chocolate? And can I have some before you do?
"Persistence is often met with vengeance!"

Truxton Spangler (Rubicon Season 1, Episode 9)

Thakowsaizmu
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Thakowsaizmu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:57 pm

chatty wrote:How is this thread still alive?

Because people keep posting on it...
Also, Thakowaismu, how, exactly, do you ruin chocolate? And can I have some before you do?

It's just hypothetical that I ruin chocolate...
♀♥♀
百年如石、一點如漆

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:34 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:*shrug* From a business perspective, I think that it's perfectly reasonable that they'd try to target untapped markets.

see the thing about untapped markets is that its a market that exists and isn't being tapped & then someone at the company says something skeezy like "i'd tap that market" & then they tap that market. In this case there is no market & no feasible way to tap said market (talking about RPGs, but frankly comics have a similiar enough paradigm).

FuzzyBoots wrote:Look at Green Ronin's Blue Rose lineup which tried to draw in the people who really want to play in a Mercedes Lackey book. And there's any number of extremely esoteric RPG genres that have nonetheless been shown to have a strong following.

based on a type of material that has a strong following. But seriously, fans of particular genre of fiction & person with boobs aren't exactly similiar sorts of markets. But what we are talking about is not pitching a new product we are talking about an already existant product, with an intrinsic audience.

FuzzyBoots wrote:New markets means new money, which is good because it means they'll have money to spend on our own esoteric lines.

No. New product,means new audience, means new money. People not interested in the genre are never ever EVER going to pick up that product.

FuzzyBoots wrote:There are more women in gaming now in my experience, and not necessarily because anything is really changing in the system but rather because there are more of them playing.

This is simple, its because there's less of a stigma around all things geeky. Nothing on our end has changed at all, nor should it.
Last edited by saint_matthew on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Thakowsaizmu wrote:
saint_matthew wrote:Kind of like how they invented the "DC Pants Initiative" that said all female DC characters were now going to wear pants.

I've never heard of that one (then again, I tend to stray from places where people get unduly upset over perceived insults &c.), but that just sounds... silly. I mean, Braniac is perfectly fine without pants. He didn't need them to fight the superfriends, he doesn't need them now.

Oh oh, i called it, i so called it. *Ahem* todays topic on DCWKA: Wonder Womans pants on the issue 1 cover. http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/pos ... qus_thread

Thakowsaizmu wrote:It's just hypothetical that I ruin chocolate...

Ruining chocolate is easy. You wrap it in bacon & then smear the bacon with Natela.

Cinder wrote:Sorry for being a jerk, guys and gals . . . or gals . . . or guys . . . or whatever is out there.

Damn it man, now i've got "We're just a bunch of guys and dolls" playing in my head. Why would you do that? :lol:
darn musical theatre playing in my head... I suppose it could be worse, i could have "Spiderman: Turn off the Dark" playing in my head... That would be way worse.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Return to “Fan Resources”