Fantasy Grounds II Ruleset for M&M 3rd Edition

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
jaydarkson
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Fantasy Grounds II Ruleset for M&M 3rd Edition

Postby jaydarkson » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Does anybody know where I can find a Fantasy Grounds II ruleset for Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition?
"I have never had a lap dance in Tampa or any other part of Florida. If I ever did have a lap dance, I don't think I would be discussing television ideas with the girl that was giving it to me." - Stan Lee

jaydarkson
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Fantasy Grounds II Ruleset for M&M 3rd Edition

Postby jaydarkson » Thu May 05, 2011 8:24 am

Did I post this in the wrong section? 43 views and nobody knows of a ruleset for 3rd edition Mutants and Masterminds? :?
"I have never had a lap dance in Tampa or any other part of Florida. If I ever did have a lap dance, I don't think I would be discussing television ideas with the girl that was giving it to me." - Stan Lee

chatty
Zealot
Zealot

Postby chatty » Thu May 05, 2011 6:44 pm

I think this is the right section, and nobody knows of a ruleset for M&M 3rd edition.
"Persistence is often met with vengeance!"

Truxton Spangler (Rubicon Season 1, Episode 9)

jaydarkson
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby jaydarkson » Thu May 05, 2011 6:50 pm

How disappointing. I am trying to run a game with my old gaming group that is spread out across the west coast and wanted to use Fantasy Grounds. :cry:

chatty
Zealot
Zealot

Postby chatty » Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 am

Yep. In general I have found FG is wonderful to use if someone else does the setup work. If not, it's overpriced. The fact that I have to figure out how to load all the DND4e stuff in through some kind of parser enrages me.

Lacking someone else to do the work, I use Maptool, which DOES have a MnM3e framework of a sort, though it isn't a complete gaming solution, by any means.

http://www.rptools.net
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15573

jaydarkson
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby jaydarkson » Tue May 10, 2011 4:23 am

If it was easy to do the rulesets for Fantasy Grounds, I would make one myself. I can not make heads or tails of the thing. :roll:

I have looked into rpgtools. I really like token tool, and I may use the program as a last resort. I am thinking that I can probably still use Fantasy Grounds, though efficiency would be reduced.

AccidentalRob
Bystander
Bystander

Postby AccidentalRob » Wed May 18, 2011 12:59 pm

I put together 4e modules for FG2, and though a pain in the whatever, it was very nice once it going working properly. However, to build those modules you need to have a DDI account and most people are not willing to share their data files, as that would be illegal.

Has anybody used the M&M framework for MapTools? I am getting ready to start a 'net game of M&M, and was planning on using GameTable, but MapTools (if set up properly) might be my preferred way to go if I can get it running.

jaydarkson
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby jaydarkson » Wed May 18, 2011 5:47 pm

AccidentalRob wrote:Has anybody used the M&M framework for MapTools? I am getting ready to start a 'net game of M&M, and was planning on using GameTable, but MapTools (if set up properly) might be my preferred way to go if I can get it running.

I have not, yet. I loaded MapTools for the first time last week and it seemed clunky and not very user friendly. If I had more time I would probably try to learn how to use it but I am trying to prepare for my M&M FG2 game. :(

chatty
Zealot
Zealot

Postby chatty » Wed May 18, 2011 6:23 pm

AccidentalRob wrote:Has anybody used the M&M framework for MapTools? I am getting ready to start a 'net game of M&M, and was planning on using GameTable, but MapTools (if set up properly) might be my preferred way to go if I can get it running.

I've used it, but I tend to just use the dice roller and handle effects manually.

The RetCon
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby The RetCon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Not to necro this thread, but I've been puttering around with a M&M 3e Maptools framework.

ImageImageImage

It's semi-automated. You drop in a token, give it a name and set it's properties to MnM and your good. There's html links for adding stats, powers, attacks, advantages, and skills. Most everything is a html link that will either roll the trait straight out or allow you to make adjustments. It's still a titch temperamental, but I'm liking where it's going.

You'll need Maptools build 1.3.b86 with a stack of 4 - This link should give you what you need

And you'll need the campaign framework (again, still a work in progress) - M&M 3e v1.0

freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Postby freeclint » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:45 am

Cool, next time my wife and child are out of town, I'm totally getting my maptools setup for M&M.
Christian, husband, father and gamer.
My beginning character repository.

chatty
Zealot
Zealot

Postby chatty » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 am

This looks different from the framework I'd been using. I will check it out! Thanks!

lhide
Bystander
Bystander

Postby lhide » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:03 am

ive been working in M&M 3ed ruleset for fantasy grounds for two weeks or so, i could upload here if its okay, also could i use this thread for future updates?

any help/opinion is apreciated!

Edit: any artists who wants to help are welcome!

jaydarkson
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby jaydarkson » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08 am

I have no problem with you posting here seeing as it is actually what I have been looking for. So far this screenshot looks awesome! I would suggest posting this on the fantasy grounds forums as well, people there might have some input. I look forward to seeing more!

lhide wrote:ive been working in M&M 3ed ruleset for fantasy grounds for two weeks or so, i could upload here if its okay, also could i use this thread for future updates?

any help/opinion is apreciated!

Edit: any artists who wants to help are welcome!

Etherial Ghost
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Etherial Ghost » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Anyone know how to make a new character in the Maptools? And any progress on Fantasy Grounds framework?
"The difficult we do immediately, The impossible takes a little longer!"

Return to “Fan Resources”