HELP: Fabrica de Herois Character Generator Beta

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
yorrick
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

HELP: Fabrica de Herois Character Generator Beta

Postby yorrick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:26 am

I used to make frequent use of the dc animated-style character generator at:

http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/

(You can see some of the characters I created at: http://sites.google.com/site/dreamingem ... d-to-icons

Ever since the Fabrica site upgraded to the new version of the generator, I cannot get it to work. When I select a character model, all I get is a blank screen surrounded by the various menus. Nothing appears on that screen no matter what menu buttons I select for physical features.

I'm using Firefox on a Mac with OS 10.5.8 and the latest version of Flash from Adobe installed (uploaded just a week or so ago). I had a friend using a Windows Vista machine with Internet Explorer try the site and he got the same result. I even tried installing Elmedia Player for the Mac. It loads the site just fine, lists all the .swf files associated with the various menus, but I still don't get a single image or color no matter what options I select.

It seems like some other folks here may have gotten the new version of the character generator to work. Is there a trick involved, or some software that's now required that I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really liked this tool the way it worked before and it's a big disappointment to be unable to use it now.

I would contact the creator, but I don't speak Portuguese and my attempts to translate the site itself into English using web tools have resulted in some entertaining but largely incomprehensible gibberish.
“I was building another science, my science, wild science, robots and lasers and disembodied brains. A science that buzzed and glowed; it wanted to do things. . . . And it was angry. It was mad science.” Dr. Impossible

3darkman
Bystander
Bystander

Re: HELP: Fabrica de Herois Character Generator Beta

Postby 3darkman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:59 am

Select the item(head, hand, arm, etc) you want to include and press n.
Now you can add several items of the same type (two heads, four legs, etc)

Return to “Fan Resources”