wolframalpha

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

wolframalpha

Postby Millennium » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:34 am

I figured this might be the best place to put this as a resource.

For those of you that don't know, and I assume that's a limited few, there's a site called wolframalpha that can be used to do all sorts of calculations (watch the tutorial). I find it handy for some exact speed conversions as well as figuring out what some of my supers can lift :)

Koosemose
Bystander
Bystander

Re: wolframalpha

Postby Koosemose » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Also, an additional use for wolfram alpha, type in a query such as "chicago to Moscow at 110mph" to find out the direct travel time (very useful for speedsters going long distances if you REALLY wanna know how long it takes them) of course since it takes a straight line that may not be EXACTLY accurate, in my case the speedster in my game had phasing and water-run, so he took a straight-line any where. And it can do pretty obscure places, just make sure to use the full name such as Vero Beach, FL. If there are multiple places with same name (like Moscow, Indiana and Moscow, Russia) it will give you a drop down for other options if you were to enter just Moscow.

It can do a LOT more than just conversions... type a random query and see if it can answer. Sometimes you need to play around with the precise wording, or specificity (i.e. it can't tell you how long it will take to get from "chicago to Pluto at 110mph" (though it does give some interesting information on pluto) but you can get from "earth to pluto at 110mph")

Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: wolframalpha

Postby Millennium » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:36 am

Oh yeah, there's a tonne more stuff you can do besides conversions. I just limited it to that cos otherwise I'd be here all day :D

Return to “Fan Resources”