Green Lantern

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
davecorp
Bystander
Bystander

Green Lantern

Postby davecorp » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:51 pm

I have been working on a Green Lantern campaign for my M&M game and I'd like some ideas and feedback.

The main premise is that I have had my players create powerless "normal" human characters then just used MD Snowman's Green Lantern stats.

Yzz
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Yzz » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:16 am

Welcome to the ATT ^_^.

The only question I have is; What compels the Guardians to give 4 Earthmen rings at the same time?
All Glory and Honor and Praise be to God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit, Amen.

davecorp
Bystander
Bystander

Postby davecorp » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Yzz wrote:Welcome to the ATT ^_^.

The only question I have is; What compels the Guardians to give 4 Earthmen rings at the same time?

Who cares? The point of the game is to have fun isn't it? Besides, if you want to get technical, I didn't say said characters were all "earthman".

Yzz
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Yzz » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:26 pm

You could have an adventure where every woman they love/respect becomes a Star Sapphire through the manipulation of your games version/equivalent of Sinestro.

If one of the PCs is all about getting more power, he could meet Agent Orange...& get an unpleasant glimpse at what he could become.

Does GL history in your setting have in differences from the comics continuity(i.e. Hal Jordan never became Parallax, Rayner is still Ion, Sinestro didn't go rouge...yet, etc.)?
All Glory and Honor and Praise be to God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit, Amen.

davecorp
Bystander
Bystander

Postby davecorp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Yzz wrote:You could have an adventure where every woman they love/respect becomes a Star Sapphire through the manipulation of your games version/equivalent of Sinestro.

If one of the PCs is all about getting more power, he could meet Agent Orange...& get an unpleasant glimpse at what he could become.

Does GL history in your setting have in differences from the comics continuity(i.e. Hal Jordan never became Parallax, Rayner is still Ion, Sinestro didn't go rouge...yet, etc.)?

Comments like this are why I can't stand comic book geeks.

Yzz
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Yzz » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Umm...I'm doing the best with you've given me. If you just say "I'm running a GL game" is like saying "I'm running a DC game". If you want ideas more suited to your campaign you have provide detail/context.

What "Comments like this" are you talking about? If you're talking about the history that's a perfectly legimate question (I know I'd change some stuff just so it doesn't become a ripoff of the comics). If you're talking about Star Sapphires, I just mentioned that because it's on wikipedia. & if you're talking about Agent Orange/Orange Lantern Corps, I really like Larfleeze, that's the only reason I brought him up.

davecorp
Bystander
Bystander

Postby davecorp » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Yzz wrote:Umm...I'm doing the best with you've given me. If you just say "I'm running a GL game" is like saying "I'm running a DC game". If you want ideas more suited to your campaign you have provide detail/context.

What "Comments like this" are you talking about? If you're talking about the history that's a perfectly legimate question (I know I'd change some stuff just so it doesn't become a ripoff of the comics). If you're talking about Star Sapphires, I just mentioned that because it's on wikipedia. & if you're talking about Agent Orange/Orange Lantern Corps, I really like Larfleeze, that's the only reason I brought him up.

If you don't get it already than I need not waist my time trying to explain something that clearly exceeds your grasp.

Yzz
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Yzz » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:24 pm

Nothing you've said is "out of my grasp". You've failed to provide context, themes, tone, & style information.

If you just want something awesome, have Darkseid request from the GL Corps because he's being attacked by Megatron & the Decepticons. Maybe have the PCs accompanied by an NPC Autobot GL. Then, maybe when they get there, Galactus shows up 'cause he owes Darkseid a favor. Then Unicron shows up & EVERYBODY has to band toghether to fight him.

Roman Virtue
Hero
Hero

Postby Roman Virtue » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:52 pm

If you don't get it already than I need not waist my time trying to explain something that clearly exceeds your grasp.

Troll much?
Legends Never Die!!!
Roman Virtues Facebook

RhimeFyre
Partisan
Partisan

Postby RhimeFyre » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:09 pm

davecorp wrote:Who cares?

davecorp wrote:Comments like this are why I can't stand comic book geeks.

What the hell is wrong with you? Why the hell are you on a message board for a superhero RPG if you "can't stand comic book geeks"? Mutants & Masterminds seems like a poor choice of a hobby for someone who "can't stand comic book geeks". Or does that concept clearly exceed your grasp? :lol:

dawg1232
Bystander
Bystander

Postby dawg1232 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:04 am

To have knowledge of GL history would be almost necessary to immerse your players in the game. Immersion=interest and interest=fun (usually). You have to give more detail and if the gm told me I just found a ring that gave me massive power right from the start, I would seriously doubt the quality of the game. That sounds like what you want to do. You need a story. Comics are done in arcs. This is your arc. This is your story. Make it interesting instead of just saying, "Hey, fight some bad guys! Woo hoo!"

Hellstormer1
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Hellstormer1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:55 pm

Greetings. I'm new to the ATT, MDSnowman's material got me to register. I have a sort of question for the guy who started the topic. I know there are different kinds of people who get into comics and things related to them. You have those who have a passive interest in them, which I would guess is yourself, and those who delve into them very deeply, the 'comic geek' type, and many different kinds of people in between.
First question. What made you wish to try a GL game? I gotta admit, those rings are awsome to play with, ya know? But where does your interest lie with Green Lantern? What got you hooked on it?
Next Q. What about your players? Do any of them have strong likes for GL? Would they count as the passive interest type, the comic geek type, something in between, or just some casual gamers looking for fun who don't even know what GL or DC is?
Any of these answers is not wrong or bad, but would help figure out how to run your own game, as well as how to interact with people on here. Your game doesn't have to stick with history or canon material, not at all, and I would think the less it dies, the more potentially fun it could be.
But, at the same time, the other replies from everyone else on here were valid. You topic asked a simple question, and others answered. Blasting them for being 'comic geeks' is like asking fir a blessing from a holy man then refusing you find out he's a very faithful individual. It's borderline hypocritical, though you didn't see it that way, and it hurts people's feelings (or pisses them off) when all they're doing is, generally, what you asked them to do, offer advice and suggestions, which they did rather kindly.
Now, with all of this said, if none of these words mean anything to you, please feel free to douse a gallon of gasoline on yourself and light a match. Here, I'll help!!! We'll give you a crash-course in comics and show you all about the Human Torch!
All of you other people who replied in this topic, all of you! Hit me up, add me, friend me, hell, foe me, it's all good! I like everything all of you had to say here, both as people who know there stuff, people who are respectful, and in the case of that one guy who got ticked, people who don't take s%#+ from morons. You're all wonderful!
"Variety is the spice of life" -Traditional phrase on life and living
"HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!" -Paul from Dune
"Big things have small beginnings" -David from Prometheus
http://www.RPGGamer.org

DarkMaster
Henchman
Henchman

Postby DarkMaster » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Hellstormer1 wrote:Greetings. I'm new to the ATT, MDSnowman's material got me to register. I have a sort of question for the guy who started the topic. I know there are different kinds of people who get into comics and things related to them. You have those who have a passive interest in them, which I would guess is yourself, and those who delve into them very deeply, the 'comic geek' type, and many different kinds of people in between.
First question. What made you wish to try a GL game? I gotta admit, those rings are awsome to play with, ya know? But where does your interest lie with Green Lantern? What got you hooked on it?
Next Q. What about your players? Do any of them have strong likes for GL? Would they count as the passive interest type, the comic geek type, something in between, or just some casual gamers looking for fun who don't even know what GL or DC is?
Any of these answers is not wrong or bad, but would help figure out how to run your own game, as well as how to interact with people on here. Your game doesn't have to stick with history or canon material, not at all, and I would think the less it dies, the more potentially fun it could be.
But, at the same time, the other replies from everyone else on here were valid. You topic asked a simple question, and others answered. Blasting them for being 'comic geeks' is like asking fir a blessing from a holy man then refusing you find out he's a very faithful individual. It's borderline hypocritical, though you didn't see it that way, and it hurts people's feelings (or pisses them off) when all they're doing is, generally, what you asked them to do, offer advice and suggestions, which they did rather kindly.
Now, with all of this said, if none of these words mean anything to you, please feel free to douse a gallon of gasoline on yourself and light a match. Here, I'll help!!! We'll give you a crash-course in comics and show you all about the Human Torch!
All of you other people who replied in this topic, all of you! Hit me up, add me, friend me, hell, foe me, it's all good! I like everything all of you had to say here, both as people who know there stuff, people who are respectful, and in the case of that one guy who got ticked, people who don't take s%#+ from morons. You're all wonderful!

That was very well worded.

Hellstormer1
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Hellstormer1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:58 am

Thank you! I like details!
"Variety is the spice of life" -Traditional phrase on life and living
"HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!" -Paul from Dune
"Big things have small beginnings" -David from Prometheus
http://www.RPGGamer.org

Thakowsaizmu
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Thakowsaizmu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Yzz wrote:If you just want something awesome, have Darkseid request from the GL Corps because he's being attacked by Megatron & the Decepticons. Maybe have the PCs accompanied by an NPC Autobot GL. Then, maybe when they get there, Galactus shows up 'cause he owes Darkseid a favor. Then Unicron shows up & EVERYBODY has to band toghether to fight him.

So, I know this is like a year olde, but can I barrow this? This sounds like the most awesome idea ever!
♀♥♀
百年如石、一點如漆

Return to “Fan Resources”