Simpsons Character Builder

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Grayson » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:54 am

I am really hoping that someone can help me. I like the program a lot but I have a problem when I print out a character. Some of the output lines are really small print. This is a particular problem when I have a power with lots of power feats and/or extras. I have tried to figure it out myself but I am not very adept with excel at all. Can some please give me the "for dummies version" of how to get everything to print large enough to see? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Delemental
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Delemental » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:55 pm

Grayson wrote:I am really hoping that someone can help me. I like the program a lot but I have a problem when I print out a character. Some of the output lines are really small print. This is a particular problem when I have a power with lots of power feats and/or extras. I have tried to figure it out myself but I am not very adept with excel at all. Can some please give me the "for dummies version" of how to get everything to print large enough to see? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

What's happening is that the cells that the powers print out on are formatted as "Shrink to Fit", meaning that the font gets smaller the more you type, so it will all fit into one cell.

You could try setting them for "Wrap Text" instead of "Shrink To Fit". Just select a cell, and then choose 'Format Cell...' (right-click to get the menu). Choose the 'Alignment' tab, then uncheck "Shrink To Fit" and check "Wrap Text".

However, if you do this you may find that you run into formatting problems with the sheet - some of the powers you buy later could get overwritten.
Play by Post Characters
Breakneck, for The New Guardians

Lone Star
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Lone Star » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:24 pm

I'm sure this has been addressed by now...but how do you make Alternate Powers?
"It's alright to be afraid, David, because this part won't be like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it."

charlieluce
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby charlieluce » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Lone Star wrote:I'm sure this has been addressed by now...but how do you make Alternate Powers?

1) Mark the Base Power as Base in the Base column (all this really does is change the formatting on the output sheet -- all your Base is belong to us :P). If making a Dynamic Array, you can either add 1 in the Base Power's PF/DB column or note it on the next line, marking it as Feat in the Base column and setting the Cost/Rank as Feat 1.

2) Add the Alternate Powers on the lines below, marking each as Alt Power in the Base Column and setting the Cost/Rank as Feat 1 for a static Array and Feat 2 for a Dynamic Array.

Lone Star
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Lone Star » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:59 pm

charlieluce wrote:
Lone Star wrote:I'm sure this has been addressed by now...but how do you make Alternate Powers?

1) Mark the Base Power as Base in the Base column (all this really does is change the formatting on the output sheet -- all your Base is belong to us :P). If making a Dynamic Array, you can either add 1 in the Base Power's PF/DB column or note it on the next line, marking it as Feat in the Base column and setting the Cost/Rank as Feat 1.

2) Add the Alternate Powers on the lines below, marking each as Alt Power in the Base Column and setting the Cost/Rank as Feat 1 for a static Array and Feat 2 for a Dynamic Array.

Thanks! :D
"It's alright to be afraid, David, because this part won't be like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it."

Dko
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Dko » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:21 am

I was wondering if this has in it Energy Points? If not could you add them in. :3

groshnik
Groupie
Groupie

Custom Feats

Postby groshnik » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:11 pm

Going to post this here and on Hall of Heroes

On the Feats tab, it has [Custom Feat]. Where can I set this so players using the spreadsheet will have access to it?

Thanks

Drakos
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Custom Feats

Postby Drakos » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:19 pm

groshnik wrote:Going to post this here and on Hall of Heroes

On the Feats tab, it has [Custom Feat]. Where can I set this so players using the spreadsheet will have access to it?

Thanks

You can add feats to the table on the data tab. I use version 1.7 and the feats start at Data!B270. At the bottom of the feat list are several rows for custom feats.
Be a Hero

groshnik
Groupie
Groupie

Postby groshnik » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:09 am

Gotcha. It was the hidden tab. Hope to use this tab to customize the game a bit for the players.
Thanks!

NMI
Bystander
Bystander

Postby NMI » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:51 am

Does anyone else have this Character Builder available for download?

I keep getting that an error that states that the resource is locked.

bblackmoor
Champion
Champion

Postby bblackmoor » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:29 am

NMI wrote:Does anyone else have this Character Builder available for download? I keep getting that an error that states that the resource is locked.

Are you getting it from the YahooGroup?

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/mnm ... s/M%26M2e/
Fight rule bloat: stick to the core rules... as much as possible.
Me :: RPG Library

Return to “Fan Resources”