Initiative sheet

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
Mardok
Compatriot
Compatriot

Initiative sheet

Postby Mardok » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:22 pm

Has anyone come up with an initiative record sheet? I don't have excell or I would attempt to create one. I hate using sraps of paper everytime. Then when characetrs hold actions or special power effects were-off. Its gets all gumbled.

Any suggestions?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's Courage."

Silverback
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Silverback » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:25 pm

You could buy some poker chips and paint numbers on them. Or use a pack of cards to record initiative order.

Mardok
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Mardok » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:28 pm

Interesting, But I was thinking of a sheet that could be copied blanked for re-use. Also have a way to mark held Initiatives and stunned or or conditions.

Silverback
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Silverback » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Something like a Combat Tracking Sheet?

Mardok
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Mardok » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Actually have that one. Thanks though. I'm ussing graph paper now to track Initiative results but wanted something to show who's holding an action, who's stunned and so on in a more organized fashioned.

Silverback
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Silverback » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:23 am

For those holding actions try the Gaming Aid: Action Cards. For keeping a track of conditions in combat try the Gaming Aid: Condition Chips Mk. II If you're wanting to track all other possible conditions take a look at Gaming Aid: Character Condition Sheet

Inspired Device offer a sheet of condition chits as part of their Mirror Universe volumes.

Mardok
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Mardok » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:51 am

They are great, I like them. I think I'm try using them. Thanks.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby prodigyduck » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:35 am

I have not used an initiative order sheet since leaving Hero. For M&M, I use 3"x5" cards. One each card, I write down the character's name and any relevant defenses and skills (in the case that I need to make a secret saving throw).

I use these rather than a sheet as a character's initiative can change if they delay or ready an action.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Darkwind
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Darkwind » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:15 am

You could always use the Combat Pad from Open Mind Games.

I bought one when it showed up at GenCon a few years back and it has worked pretty well for me.

Drakos
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Drakos » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:44 pm

Darkwind wrote:You could always use the Combat Pad from Open Mind Games.

I bought one when it showed up at GenCon a few years back and it has worked pretty well for me.

Thats the one I use :P .
Be a Hero

Demongg
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Initiative sheet

Postby Demongg » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Mardok wrote:Has anyone come up with an initiative record sheet? I don't have excell or I would attempt to create one. I hate using sraps of paper everytime. Then when characetrs hold actions or special power effects were-off. Its gets all gumbled.

Any suggestions?

I like using cool new ways of making things with Excel, etc... however, I've always found that a simple Wipe Board and some dry erase markers work perfectly for this.

I alway take a wipe board, write the campaign name, episode title, issue # and such at the top. Then I list the character names down one side (this helps everyone to remember character and code names as well as listing player names with that if you like) and then have the other side of the board, listed out from the names to write in initiative numbers. I then erase and rewrite any changes from Delays or Readys.

Its old school, low tech but it works better than most.

Another idea I've heard friends do is to make a 3x5 card (or yellow sticky note pad) and list character names - one per card or sticky page... then put them in order of initiative (no writing on them unless you just want) and then flip through them as you go.
I usually put a different colored card in front of the first initiative card to denote the top of the initiative turn again.
Initiative is cyclical this way.
Then you just remove and place the character that has readied or delayed into the new spot in the order.

So you have a stack of cards or the sticky pad of pages.

If I were to do this I'd make cards for the characters and laminate them. Then laminate some blank cards and write names/numbers on them.

For extra fun you could make them look pretty, designing them like Silverback's cards or something. You could also add in any pictures of the PCs on their card.

hope that helps.
-kev-
-kev-

"With great power..."

Return to “Fan Resources”