Heroscape Marvel Edition

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Heroscape Marvel Edition

Postby Servitor_2152 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:07 pm

I recently picked up a copy of the Heroscape Marvel Edition boxed game at Target for about $19 (including tax). In addition to all the typical Heroscape sundries -- terrain tiles, dice, counters, stat cards, and the ruined half-building that's such an integral part of pre-packaged miniatures terrain these days -- the set comes with ten 30mm scale pre-painted hard plastic miniatures of ten Marvel Comics heroes and villains:

* Spider-Man
* Venom
* The Incredible Hulk
* Abomination
* Iron Man
* Dr. Doom
* The Silver Surfer
* Thanos
* Captain America
* Red Skull

I've never played Heroscape, so I can't say anything for or against the game itself, but these miniatures are arguably the best superhero miniatures I've seen in their scale to date. The sculpting and painting are better than anything I've seen from Wizkids, and they also don't have those annoying clix bases to deal with. My only hope is that Marvel generates enough profit from the sale to license other characters as Heroscape figurines, and that DC decides to get in on the action.
Iron Kingdoms Conversions

Full-Metal Fantasy in Mutants & Masterminds 2E

Roman Virtue
Hero
Hero

Postby Roman Virtue » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 pm

I've been doing this for a long time, buying games based on the potential miniatures inside.

I bought Marvel Battle Dice figures in hopes to eventually get the DC Battle Dice that were supposed to come out (but never did). Those mini's sucked, but they were cheap enough to collect lots of them!

As soon as I heard about the Marvel Heroscape, I got it! I agree they are great! They look sooo cool! I'm not even sure how Heroscape itself is doing, but I hope they stick around!
Legends Never Die!!!
Roman Virtues Facebook

Bolek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Bolek » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:12 pm

:D Glad to know I'm not the only MnM geek who bought this set for this very reason. The minis are fantastic looking! My hope is that eventually a DC set will be released as well.

Oh, the base Marvel Heroscape game isn't all that bad either since it plays very fast and loose.

Darkwind
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Darkwind » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:11 am

I actually do play Heroscape on a semi-regular basis. So having a Marvel based version was just icing. ;-}

I can't wait for some of the expansions to come out.

Luisjoey
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Luisjoey » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Yes They are great! and it was a gread deal for you!

Now is a expansion for that game with new heroes, i think fantastic four and some villians :D

Return to “Fan Resources”