Infinity Storm: Campaign Blogs

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
NukeHavoc
Bystander
Bystander

Infinity Storm: Campaign Blogs

Postby NukeHavoc » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:11 am

Greetings everyone,

I recently launched a Mutants & Masterminds campaign set in Freedom City. The premise of the campaign is that the Freedom League has been called away to investigate a strange object at the edge of the solar system, leaving a power void which various villains immediately try to take advantage of. The players have taken on the role of new heroes in the city who try and fill the very large boots and capes of the League.

I've created two blogs to support the campaign:

* Infinity Storm: A straightforward campaign blog with character and adventure write-ups, as well as the occasional M&M news items I stumble across.

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/

* The Constant Sentinel: The more entertaining of the two blogs, IMHO, this is an in-character blog written by a 30-something geek (and former fanatical admirer of the Freedom League) who goes by the handle InfinityLord. He blogs about happenings in Freedom City from *his* perspective, which is colored by his anger and disbelief that the League left the city for their orbital space station.

http://theconstantsentinel.blogspot.com/

I use the Constant Sentinel as a way of introducing characters and places in Freedom City without having to do a huge infodump before each session. For example, the whole reason InfinityLord01 had to create a Blogger account was that Freebooter took out his old one after a particularly rabid rant about the hacker's Pirate persona. It also let's me give the players a street-level view of their character; what do people REALLY think about Paladin the Techno-Knight?

Naturally, InfinityLord has his nemesis as well: JUSTICESPOON, an obnoxious l33t-speaking fanboy who loves to yank IL's chain and who is played by one of the other guys in my campaign. I expect more members of the campaign to join in as I add more posts .

The blog unfolds at the same pace of the campaign (which is why the dates on posts may run several months behind the real-world dates.

The campaign runs about once a month, so the blogs will be updated in monthly bursts, but it's off to a good start and I'm cautiously optimistic that it will run through 2008.

NukeHavoc
Bystander
Bystander

A quick update

Postby NukeHavoc » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:16 pm

I just wanted to say that the campaign's still alive and kicking. We've now got five issues under our belt, and the first volume is moving along nicely. Things are taking a little longer than I'd planned, but I'm giving the players free reign in the city, so occasionally they veer of in unexpected ways (like say, getting into fights with fellow costumed heroes in the party, but they always walk away friendly).

We also had our first online team up -- entitled "The Brains and the Brawn" for characters pursuing their own goals between adventures:

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/searc ... he%20brawn

Predatorpt
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Predatorpt » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:04 pm

I've just spent some time reading the blog and it's looking great. But that last entrie...it's a bit rushed, no? Some parts don't make a lot of sense :wink:

Looking forward to more updates!

Return to “Fan Resources”