Are there any viable minis or markers for the game?

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
The Wonderous
Bystander
Bystander

Are there any viable minis or markers for the game?

Postby The Wonderous » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 pm

Any help would be appreciated :D

Chapel
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Chapel » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:17 pm

I use Heroclix. They work well.

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Trapster » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Chapel wrote:I use Heroclix. They work well.
Me also.

Plus I have been a long time FAN of Steve Jacksons Cardboard heroes. They are full color, easy to transport, and you get all kinds of non-super figs to have around.
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

hacksaw
Groupie
Groupie

Postby hacksaw » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:01 pm

Speaking of Heroclix does anyone want to trade?

I picked up a grab bag of them to use as miniatures for M&M. While I didn't get any duplicates by Heroclix standards I did wind up with several of them that are the same miniature but different experience levels (rookie, etc).

I'd like to trade for figures that I don't have. Since I don't care about the Heroclix game I'm willing to keep the rookie versions of what I have and trade off the more experienced duplicates.

I'm sure none of mine are particularly valuable. I spent $100 on the grab bag and got something like 275 figures. I've got no idea what series they're from or anything since I don't play the game.

I'm willing to send first to anyone who's got good references like Ebay auctions or even a lot of good helpful posts here.

Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll take pictures of what I've got to trade and what I've already got.

One request, If possible, I would like to receive a Superman figure in his classic outfit (or pretty near). I'm a big Superman fan and while I got several Batman's I didn't get the big blue boyscout.

Silverback
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Silverback » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:31 am

Superfigs are metal miniatures available from several sources

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Postby input.jack » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:46 pm

My roommate and I have created a bunch of paper figures that are available through this site:

http://www.idadventures.com/old_site/products.htm#scifi

There are three sets: fantasy, sci-fi, and a modern-day/superheroes set.
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

NukeHavoc
Bystander
Bystander

Postby NukeHavoc » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:01 am

My group was heavily into HeroClix for a number of years, so we've been making heavy use of them in the campaign. They work well because a) players can readily find a fig that matches their character and b) I have legions of villains at my disposal.

We also use the HeroClix battle maps for a lot of our sessions, which saves me time because I don't need to draw things out.

That said, given the nature of M&M's highly fluid combat, we don't get nearly as hung up on scale and positioning as we do in D&D, but it's nice to know whose in the battle and have an approximate idea of where they are.

We also have a few of the super-sized characters: some Sentinels, a Sinestro and -- drum roll of doom please -- Galactus and I'm thinking of ways of incorporating them into the game. They're just too cool not to. :)

Ken

Captain Midnight
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Captain Midnight » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:26 pm

For the creepy and the really surreal stuff, I use Dreamblade.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
-Gandhi

Return to “Fan Resources”