Blank City Maps

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Blank City Maps

Postby The Argent Protector » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:59 am

Hello everyone,

I did the search thing and came up empty handed. I even googled and still nothing. Does anyone know where I can find maps of real world cities, only blank. Roads can be lined out, as well as other minor things. I'm just needing to make sure that there are no names labeled on the maps. Be they city names, street names etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AP

Dirigible
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Dirigible » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:56 pm

Have you tried GoogleEarth? You can zoom in on a city of your choice, then set the options so it doesn't display names or labels.

The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The Argent Protector » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:24 pm

Actually now that I've had so much trouble finding a good map, I am seriously considering taking the Freedom City Map, removing all the names, And flipping it around so it looks like its on the west coast and just finishing it up with my own Names and stuff.

sak0232
Groupie
Groupie

Postby sak0232 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:10 am

I've actually thought about using a map of Gotham City this way. This map can be found on Wikipedia last time I checked...

The Argent Protector wrote:Actually now that I've had so much trouble finding a good map, I am seriously considering taking the Freedom City Map, removing all the names, And flipping it around so it looks like its on the west coast and just finishing it up with my own Names and stuff.

The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The Argent Protector » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:55 am

sak0232 wrote:I've actually thought about using a map of Gotham City this way. This map can be found on Wikipedia last time I checked...

The Argent Protector wrote:Actually now that I've had so much trouble finding a good map, I am seriously considering taking the Freedom City Map, removing all the names, And flipping it around so it looks like its on the west coast and just finishing it up with my own Names and stuff.

I went ahead and did that. I copied the Freedom city map found in the Gimicks Gadgets section and opened it with a program. I flipped it, and altered it. Basically renaming the sites of interest, adding completely new ones, and stuff like that. It turned out better than I thought it would.

Now if I could just find another map done in a similar manner, I can make my equivlent of Metropolis. Since this map is my "Gotham".

Later,
AP

Invictus
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Invictus » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:20 am

Mayfair's old DC based books had maps of Gotham and Metropolis that weren't big on detail, but broke things down nicely in terms of showing the landmark, sections and neighborhoods; with text describing what made each one distinctive. If you can find those, they're good models for a start.

Mardok
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Mardok » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:44 pm

I downloaded the GoogleEarth thing and it's unbelievable! If you have time to mess with it you have everything you need. My group uses today's event and actual geogrophy. It even gives you distances between any area you want which is cool cause we do a lot of global traveling. Don't know if it's printable yet however.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's Courage."

Return to “Fan Resources”