HeroLab for M&M?

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
Colen
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Colen » Tue May 20, 2008 7:29 pm

Work continues apace! We'll be showing off our latest enhancements soon. :)

I have another question about how stuff works for you guys - which I've posted in a new thread in the general forum. Please head over to the new thread for further Hero Lab discussion. And thanks!

Darth Sarcastic
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Darth Sarcastic » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 am

A working preview of the Hero Lab M&M creator is part of the 2.1 HL update. So far you can't attach a license to it, however it works as promised. They mention a few current bugs, but I'm guessing that those'll be gone (mostly) by the time the license-able version is available.
"Shall I goto Red Alert sir? It does mean changing the light-bulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

terrestrialboy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby terrestrialboy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:53 am

Playing around with it, I'm noting a few things ...

How does one trade off Defense for Toughness, Attack for Damage, and vice versa? I can't seem to find it in the demo. I hope that will be clear in the final version (which I hope is forthcoming ...)

And you should offer support, or an editable region in the Character Configuration window to let you modify the number of power points at character creation, so you can have, say a power level 12 character with 200 PP instead of having to fiddle with either the PP per level (which is arbitrary in M&M2E) or adding XP via the journal. This would make things simpler. I note that there is an NPC creation tool without power level limitations and no power points, but technically, villains need to adhere to their power level limitations.

I also spent a skill point in language to be able to speak an additional language, and it is not adding the slot in the Personal tab. I have a character that speaks English and Latin, and I can't edit the "Native Language" to read English and I can add "Latin" as "Other Language" and edit that to say "Latin" but the program says I am one language over.

Improved Throw is missing from the Feat list.

Hope to see these implemented!
President, Gamer's Haven, Inc.
http://www.gamershavenpodcast.com/
"One does not explain away what is already done, one does not argue against what is already accomplished, and one does not condemn what has already gone by."
Analects III:21

Return to “Fan Resources”