Dice Hunters

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Dice Hunters

Postby Wordmaker » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:57 am

I've registered a domain name for a business myself and my fiancée have set up, dicehunters.ie.

This site will be used to promote the games I'm writing as well as what I believe to be the first Irish gaming podcast.

More info as it comes.

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Dice Hunters

Postby Beleriphon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:58 am

Wordmaker wrote:I've registered a domain name for a business myself and my fiancée have set up, dicehunters.ie.

This site will be used to promote the games I'm writing as well as what I believe to be the first Irish gaming podcast.

More info as it comes.

Spiffy, I suppose that would explain your odd hours. At least from my perspective at any rate.

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Wordmaker » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:59 am

Yep, indeed!

hebbe
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby hebbe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:17 pm

His hours are not that odd. Only one hour of time difference between him and me. Seems perfectly normal :D

mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby mancerbear » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:50 pm

So what sort of games will you be producing Wordmaker? Will there be any Superlink products in there?

Cheers,

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Wordmaker » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:57 pm

At the moment I'm writing two games, both using a system I've designed myself:

Totem

Where to begin? At the beginning. We have always been, but we have not always been as we are now. Long ago when the world was young, we were respected and honoured. We were...still are, barely, the Anima. The totem spirits of animals, sworn to protect those under our charge. We are warriors, healers, peacemakers, guardians, scholars, teachers.

The world has changed. Faith has been replaced with cynicism. Truth has become lies. Mercy has become weakness. Honour has become tyranny.

We will not stand idly by and let this world be lost. We will rise. We will fight. United for the first time, the Anima will go to war.

You have been chosen

In Totem, players take on the roles of mortals chosen to uphold the duties of the Anima, animal spirits who protect, guide, and influence humanity. Some are gentle and wise, others are violent and selfish. For the first time, they begin to put aside their differences to fight a new evil which seeks to dominate all of creation.

The players' characters are given an Aspect Mask, an iconic mask representing their Totem animal. When worn, it takes them to the Between, a world between the real world and the spirit world, where they can influence and be hidden from both.

Carpe Noctem

Don't step on the cracks or you'll break your mother's back...

Don't look under your bed when the lights are off...

Keep the closet door closed at night...

If you say the Devil's name three times while looking into a mirror in the dark...

Whatever you do...don't stay awake all night...

I did it.

The grown-ups don't know. They can't see. Everything changes at night. I wanted to see what it was. Now I know, and I'll know for the rest of my life. I'm...different now. You remember Jimmy? Not many do. He tried to do it. Now he's gone...except at night. They all forgot about him, except me. Now he's going to kill his parents because they turned his room into a nursery for the new baby.

What am I going to do?

I'm going to kill Jimmy.

It won't do any good if you tell my parents, they won't believe you. One day, you won't believe it either. You'll forget too. Unless you...

No! Don't try it. Just go back to sleep and pretend it's all just a dream.

Please...

In Carpe Noctem, players take on the roles of people who, when they were just kids, stayed awake all night, even when their parents told them not to. Have you ever wondered why that is?

The world changes at night. Monsters and ghosts hunt their victims, unseen by grown-up eyes. Stay awake all night, and part of you becomes like them. You can see them.

Some change too much. They become different, angry. The night takes over and they're not really human anymore. They're the most dangerous ones.

Choose your night carefully, for it will influence what you become. Everything you ever dreamed of, or everyone's worst nightmare.

mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby mancerbear » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:02 pm

Carpe Noctem sounds cool. It really brings to mind all those scary things you usded to feel and were told as a kid about night time. My one was an interesting one.

I "knew" the monsters came out at night, and there was one particular one under my bed. I used to believe that if I remained covered by my blankets, he couldn get me, but if I was uncorvered, or worse yet, let my arm dangle down, he would grab me and drag me under the bed.

I was terrified by that for years, and occassionally, even now, if I'm half awake late at night and find my arm dangling beside the bed, I pull it up quickly.

LOL

Creepy.

Cheers,
Last edited by mancerbear on Fri May 04, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kakashi64
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Kakashi64 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:42 pm

mancerbear wrote:Carpe Noctem sounds cool. It really brings to mind all those scary things you used to feel and were told as a kid about night time. My one was an interesting one.

I "knew" the monsters came out at night, and there was one particular one under my bed. I used to believe that if I remained covered by my blankets, he couldn get me, but if I was uncervered, or worse yet, let my arm cangle down, he would grab me and drag me under the bed.

I was terrified by that for years, and occassionally, even now, if I'm half awake late at night and find my arm dangling beside the bed, I pull it up quickly.

LOL

Creepy.

I like the sound of the premise as well. I never worried too much about monsters in my room, though. I grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere. When I was very little, not only were the bullfrogs and the screech owls terrifying to listen to -- the monster in the closet usually took a back seat to the wolf spiders that would patrol the house at night. Some were big enough to rustle the pages of my comic books lying on the floor. And yes, that sound is absolutely every bit as creepy as you might imagine. :)
[NEXTWAVE] is about [...] absurd levels of destruction and a skewed sense of humor and Spectacle and things blowing up and people getting kicked.

It is especially about THINGS BLOWING UP and PEOPLE GETTING KICKED.

- Warren Ellis, Nextwave Pitch

Return to “Fan Resources”