New Program Attempt: Online Game Board

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
areallycoolguy14
Groupie
Groupie

Postby areallycoolguy14 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, and the info. Fortunatly, I must say that I have finally found my M&M CoreBook, it was in the trunk of my car after all. Anyways, Samson, I think those ideas are great. I will try to get those in sometime tonight or tommorow. The "Note Passer" IM idea is great, I never thought of that, I already have some ideas for it. The transcript idea is possible too. I will look into both of these. In the meantime, if you guys have been trying to connect to the server, it's been down cause my mom disconnected my computer today while she was rearranging the furniture. Anyways, it's back up now.

I'll keep you guys in touch with my progress. Keep the ideas comin, these are great!
That's all I got to say about that

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:43 pm

I'm glad to help! This is just such an awesome deal, seriously about six of us were talking about how it would be nice to play via an advanced chat-room deal of some type, or t least a chat-room with a dice rolling deal. This is just overall cool.

My wife is going to help me make a website for our super-group the Vanguards and one of the things was it would have been nice to have a chat-room option like that so folks could go there to play (but she really didn't know how to do that) at least I when this is done we could have a place to play!

I figured for the IM, it could be as simple as you click the player/Gms name on the screen and pick "IM" or something (Kinda like a Yahoo chat-room)

Hmmmm..It would be REAL nice if said chat-room was actually here on the official M&M website... (hint/plea for to GR/Steve to look at that as a possible deal when this project is done :wink: )
"This is me, yo, right here." - Wallace, The Wire: Episode 12

areallycoolguy14
Groupie
Groupie

Postby areallycoolguy14 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:13 pm

update on the status:

I'm currently about halfway finished with making the character sheet in this tool. When I'm finished with that, I will start working on the ideas posted by Samson.

In the meantime, the server is showing that nobody has been connecting. Are you guys unable to connect? I'm wondering b/c my server recently got a virus and that might have disabled the computer. Let me know if you are having connection errors.

Thanks.

-Jason

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:09 pm

Whenever I try to log in, it always says to me

Connecting to mmchat.game-host.org...
Bad Channel object, you must select a Channel
Samson rolled.

(I didn't roll, btw, its just what it always says)

It always gives me this, and I don't know what "channel' to select or even how to for that matter.

areallycoolguy14
Groupie
Groupie

Postby areallycoolguy14 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 pm

okie dokie. I'll see what I can do tonight.

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:17 am

Cool, Thanks!!! 8)

Again, i havr to say, I think its great thatyou are doing this, I kow this is something I teally could use.

When its totally done, how will hosting work? will it always be from your site or will one be able to host it from their own site?

areallycoolguy14
Groupie
Groupie

Postby areallycoolguy14 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:35 pm

as of now, I'm planning on running a solo hosting server, but at the moment, that is impossible since my machine is virus dead. So I'm gonna modify the tool to connect to a temporary server away from my computers, that is hosted by somebody else. I hope to have my computer restored by the time this app is somewhat complete so I can have more control over the server.

As for the progress, I am now about 75% done with the character sheet. Once I modify the connection properties to hit the temp server, I will repost the app. Probly won't be tonight, maybe tommorow.

areallycoolguy14
Groupie
Groupie

Postby areallycoolguy14 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:51 pm

kk guys, I'm gonna set up a stable server with this puppy and send out the new version tonight. I'm still working on the character sheet though.

But at least the chatroom will be functioning...

areallycoolguy14
Groupie
Groupie

Postby areallycoolguy14 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:06 pm

k here is the version that works.

http://www.box.net/public/aqq57lm6cg

you can take a look at the character sheet but it's not complete yet.

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:21 pm

BUMP!

areallycoolguy14
Groupie
Groupie

Postby areallycoolguy14 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:24 am

Update: This tool is now dead for several reasons. 1) My computer had some freak hardware failure. May it now rest in pieces. 2) Ran out of time to make it.

However for the good news, I am redoing this tool sort of because I think it would be pretty handy for my use as well as others, so I have restarted on the project and I will create a new thread for it once I have something to go on.

Return to “Fan Resources”