Fantasy Grounds with Mutants and Masterminds

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.
Glistam
Groupie
Groupie

Fantasy Grounds with Mutants and Masterminds

Post by Glistam » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:32 pm

My friends and I just recently acquired Fantasy Grounds to use for our gaming. I wonder if anyone here knows if a Mutants and Masterminds ruleset and character sheet has been created for Fantasy Grounds, and where I can find it? Any help is appreciated.

powerboy
Bystander
Bystander

Post by powerboy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:19 am

I just got Fantasy Grounds as well. I would love to have a M&M ruleset for it.

AJCarrington
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by AJCarrington » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:17 am

I'm not aware of anything for Fantasy Grounds, but there is a definition for KloogeWerks.

AJC

Talwynor
Bystander
Bystander

Ruleset and Tokens

Post by Talwynor » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:47 pm

My understanding is that a ruleset/character sheet may be forthcoming...regardless, I'm getting ready to run a campaign and will use a standard d20 ruleset if my campaign starts before it is done. In the meantime, I've just finished creating tokens for the DC Universe...I've got over 50 done at the moment!

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Fantasy Grounds with Mutants and Masterminds

Post by The Trapster » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:30 am

Glistam wrote:My friends and I just recently acquired Fantasy Grounds to use for our gaming. I wonder if anyone here knows if a Mutants and Masterminds ruleset and character sheet has been created for Fantasy Grounds, and where I can find it? Any help is appreciated.
What is Fantasy Grounds? :?
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

powerboy
Bystander
Bystander

Post by powerboy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:24 pm

A really cool tool for PnP gaming over the internet.

Check them out at fantasygrounds.com

Dr.Chi
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Dr.Chi » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:10 pm

I'm the one working on the Character sheet, Ruleset for M&M in Fantasy Grounds.
I'm about 2 weeks from a usable product. (about 1 week, then I'm submitting it to M&M for approval).

Talwynor
Bystander
Bystander

Hoody Hoo!

Post by Talwynor » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:54 am

That's great news Chi! I'm starting a game up the week of the 17th and was hoping we might be able to use your sheet/ruleset. I think it can be done without one, but just barely and not very well so your news is a godsend.

I'm hoping your effort starts the ball roling on seeing some superlink products targeting the FantasyGrounds community.

For those that are looking for a game, the game forum is hosted over at FourUglyMonsters.com and can be found at http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/communi ... y.php?f=37

We're looking for players. Game sessions will be run every other week and the setting is based on several discussions that have been had here, namely establishing an Ultimate DC Universe.

Talwynor
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Talwynor » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:21 pm

Hi Dr.Chi...is your character sheet still on track? *crosses fingers*

chatty
Zealot
Zealot

Post by chatty » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:48 am

Do things like Fantasy Grounds, OpenRPG, and Kloogewerks provide any tangible benefit to tabletop gaming? Are the maps and sheets printable, for example, or do they make it viable for the GM to use a laptop as a realtime gaming aid?
"Persistence is often met with vengeance!"

Truxton Spangler (Rubicon Season 1, Episode 9)

Trassin
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Trassin » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:55 pm

Anyone know what ever happened to Dr. Chi? Really wish I knew how to or had the time to learn how to make a ruleset for MnM myself.
Jon Stewart: Well you know the panel is trying to make a difference. The panel did include 79 recommendations which could help "
Samantha Bee: "Oh yes yes yes, what suggestions they are. Number 73 is find a jedi.

heruca
Bystander
Bystander

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25 am

Dr.Chi wrote:I'm the one working on the Character sheet, Ruleset for M&M in Fantasy Grounds.
I'm about 2 weeks from a usable product. (about 1 week, then I'm submitting it to M&M for approval).
Did this ever get finished and released? If so, is it compatible with FG2?

heruca
Bystander
Bystander

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:34 am

chatty wrote:Do things like Fantasy Grounds, OpenRPG, and Kloogewerks provide any tangible benefit to tabletop gaming? Are the maps and sheets printable, for example, or do they make it viable for the GM to use a laptop as a realtime gaming aid?
Chatty,

I can't speak for those programs you mentioned, but my Battlegrounds virtual tabletop software is designed with face-to-face play in mind. The map is shown full-screen, and the user interface is hidden away until you need it, so it is ideal for use with a projector, large monitor, or HDTV (assuming you have one in the room where you game). It can even be used in a LAN, if everyone has their own laptop.

In addition to the battlemap, it offers a turn sequence panel to keep the game moving along quickly, since everyone can see who's turn it is and when their own turn is coming up. Another nice feature is the ability to show visual aids and play sound effects or music to liven up the game session.

You can check it out at http://www.battlegroundsgames.com. There's a free demo available for download.

mlangsdorf
Comrade
Comrade

Post by mlangsdorf » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:24 am

OpenRPG has a good initiative tracker and is useful if you want to record what happened in the game. I haven't tried using it for character sheets and the like because I've got a perfectly useful tool for that called Excel.