Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Muses Dice, and other fun things...

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.

Muses Dice, and other fun things...

Postby Entropicurity » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 am

Hello there ThinkTanks! :D

My name is Christopher, and I have been here and there over the years watching the progression of the Mutants and Masterminds Franchise. I have started up a blog in recent weeks with a renewed focus on Manga, the MnM RPG System, Open Source Software (with a focus on Xubuntu), and details pertaining any of my projects I hope to have published in the near future.

The Blog itself is called Muses Dice, and can be found at http://www.musesdice.com, and I welcome any and all interested to have a look. I have only been diligently working on the blog for about a month now, with some posts in the blog from a LONG time prior (looking at about two years or more). I have been involved in the Guild Wars community for some time as well, though as of late I hope to focus more on the table top side of things.

Please feel free to have a look, and hopefully over time I can polish it up a lot better, and provide some more content for people to enjoy.

In the meantime, I would be curious to learn what many people are looking for from a Blog relating to RPGs, and specifically Mutants and Masterminds. Although I tend to enjoy the Manga style format, I do have at least 2 years experience working with both the older 2e and recent 3e versions of Mutants and Masterminds as both a player and as a GM.

I hope for those interested that you find my blog to at least be entertaining, and have the time to share with me some of the things you'd like to see in the future.

Till next time, Happy Gaming!
- Christopher aka Entropicurity
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb
Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Muses Dice, and other fun things...

Postby Entropicurity » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Today in Muses Dice I have touched up on a bit more Lore of a campaign setting I am putting together called Valanas, revolving heavily on Valor, Legendary actions, while still having a "human" element.

Heavily themed on Anime/Manga like Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto, the setting aims to give players two different tiers of gaming experience. The Human element, and the Legend element. How this all plays into how powers work is described, so feel free to head on over and let me know what you think!

http://www.musesdice.com/2012/11/valana ... egend.html

As always, I am eager to learn what people have to share, or learn what people would like to see more of! Thanks again for any and all input! :mrgreen:

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb
Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:13 am

This week has been a bit of a slow week, with thanksgiving and family get-togethers I have been working on getting at least something up.

Focusing pretty heavily on this past weekend, I talk a bit about my adventures through running my weekend crew through a couple of Pre-Made adventures (Rant and Rave are LOADS of fun by the way!).

http://www.musesdice.com/2012/11/funfriday-art-of-saying-yes.html

Next week, I plan to touch a bit more on the development on the different elements that make my Unique gaming work Valanas fit well into the Manga Genre! Hopefully if my schedule goes well, I can talk a bit about some further character development for my weekend game!

Hope you all enjoy!
- Christopher

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:37 am

This past day brings with it some major details pertaining to the Manga-Style setting I'll be putting together with a focus on the "Rules" for Magic, or as it is called in the setting "Ki." More details can be found here:

http://www.musesdice.com/2012/11/valana ... acles.html

Additionally, for those interested I made a brief summary of the Roll20 Virtual Table Top, follow the link to learn more!

http://www.musesdice.com/2012/11/techtu ... pgvtt.html

Hope you all enjoy, and I greatly look forward to seeing what people have to say! :mrgreen:

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:24 am

It has been close to a month, and now I have returned after my Wedding and Honeymoon. Now that I have caught up with work, I can start catching up on the finer things in life... including some new creative PC/NPC characters!

With the New Year I am now going to be putting together Super Sundays, which will detail a unique character creation for the Mutants and Masterminds gaming system. As a warm up, I will be putting together characters that reflect, to some degree, members of the Young Avengers. So far I have come up with the following:

Vegana, the Vegan Powerhouse - To act as a powerhouse alternative to Hulkling
Treu, Chakra Mystic - Power set similar to Wiccan

If you happen to have any character concepts you'd like me to work on, please feel free to let me know! My next couple of characters I hope to share will involve my own version of a Cosmic Speedster (Or should I say... speedster*s*!).

I hope you all have been enjoying the blog so far! 8)

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:24 pm

So finally got a chance to sit down and try a full game of Mutants and Masterminds using Roll20.net and Skype. HUGE Props to Caniswolfman for the setup and being not only patient but extremely understanding in relation to my completely random Retail availability.

I had a LOT of fun in this game, and for this Fun Friday, I had decided to put up some fun highlights about the game and my thoughts. There is a LOT more that I could have shared, though for now this will have to suffice. Check it out!

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/01/funfriday-joys-of-spontaneity.html

Input is as always welcome! :mrgreen:

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:18 am

This week on SuperSunday I bring you a bit of a more polished off Guyson. Those who follow my character thread have had a chance to see this character as he has evolved.

Next couple of characters are in the pipeline and will include a duet of Speedsters, an ancient Psionic Transforming entitity from Egypt, as well as Guyson's Brother Trollsta, the drug induced rampaging savage!

I hope you all are enjoying this collection as much as I am making the characters and their backgrounds! Critique is always welcome! Follow the link for more details:

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/01/supers ... aster.html

Happy Gaming!

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 am

Today on TechTuesdays, I go into a bit of detail about running Lone Wolf Development's HeroLab software and how to get it up and running on your own Linux machine.

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/01/techtu ... rolab.html

If anything, this tool really helps focus on the flavor and efficiency of putting character sheets together, and once one figures out how everything can be put together, starting a game becomes a breaze, regardless of if you are a player or a game master!

Hope you all enjoy!

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:35 pm

This week on Muses Dice, I am finally able to get back online after a short bout of not having Internet access. Technical troubles aside, I was still able to get a character sheet put together. Comic book lovers, I bring you the Genesis Twins! These ladies are not much one on one, though when they are together, they can really give other foes a run for their money!

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/01/supers ... twins.html

This was a different twist on things, as the players can still operate seperated, though their speed gets slower and slower the more often they use it without the other one close by. Even worse, if they spend too much time apart, they gradually lose all their powers, becoming more and more sadded at the others lack of closeness.

As always, I enjoy critique and input!

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 am

This Tech Tuesday I talk about the different Wiki Software typically used for various RPG's and my thoughts on each one. I talk specifically about Obsidian Portal and Wikispaces in this post, and am always open to learning about other technologies to help with Role Playing!

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/01/techtuesday-gaming-wiki-review.html

Enjoy!

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:50 am

This week on SuperSunday, I share with you Trollsta! The poor man is stuck between the world of unlimited rage, and the sorrow and regret that comes with the world that is harmed in his wake.

The first Villain that can be used in any comic series, and one that can most certainly hold his own. He has a very strong focus on Melee, and has some very strong resistances to handle some of his otherwise limited ranged abilities. If he can't target his foe, he'll destroy everything else just to get his way! :twisted: Enjoy!

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/02/supers ... llsta.html

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:43 pm

This week on Fun Friday I share some fun Game Mastering tools, one that relates with Mutants and Masterminds, the other with GURPS. In due time I hope to make it so that the file can be either copy and pasted into another Google Docs file, or printed out and used to brainstorm ideas. For now it will mostly remain a digital template, and over time I will likely keep it all updated.

Comments on either the post or the files themselves are always welcome!

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/02/funfriday-ballistic-inspiration.html

Happy gaming and have a very Fun Friday! :mrgreen:

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 pm

After a bit of a Hiatus for my Valanas development, recent discussion on Google+ Communities have helped inspire me to make a post on the setting, and provide my first steps toward putting together a public domain world for people to pick up and play. There are a LOT of things going on with this setting, and the best way I know on how to make it worth a players time is by providing resources right from my website.

That being said, check out the post here for more information on the development of the setting:
http://www.musesdice.com/2013/02/supersunday-valanas-playtest-action.html

As always, ANY input would be greatly appreciated, and since this will likely evolve into a playtest, I would absolutely love if anybody who is Manga/Anime savy hop into the game and give their insights into the world.

Otherwise, the game is strictly in draft, and will likely be a number of one-shots till I can get a regular schedule at work. Interested parties please feel free to let me know! 8)

Till next time, Happy Gaming!

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:10 pm

I have been really hard at work setting up Valanas to be presentable to the world at large. Now with most of the details about the world fleshed out, I am starting to fill in the details about the racial interactions and typical stat blocks for Player Characters. This SuperSunday I go into a small bit of detail relating to one of these bloodlines and an example sheet relating to them.

As always, input is always welcome! And I look forward to bringing this campaign to a point where I can at least do a quick playtest or two.

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/02/supers ... imoru.html

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:43 am

In Comics, we often refer to things as being "Super!" and "Awesome!" though the reasons behind that emotion tend to vary greatly.

Though... why is that? What we often don't realize is the fact that comics, gaming, and social interactions apeal to us in various ways in relation to to the emotions they trigger or memories they help forge. In this week's SuperSunday on MusesDice, I share some of the insight I have discovered when sharing fun experiences with both friends and family, and how I feel that translates to the gaming table.

Follow the link and share some of your favorite moments, and if so entertained explain why you feel that these moments were particularly "Super!"

http://www.musesdice.com/2013/03/supers ... to-be.html

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Next

Return to Fan Resources